gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

I wonder what the doubling rate of the virus in the white house will be.  My guess by Monday it will have doubled to 4 people infected.   This will be more real life that will enter the white house instead of living in its weird reality tv bubble.  

8 minutes ago, audidave said:

I wonder what the doubling rate of the virus in the white house will be.  My guess by Monday it will have doubled to 4 people infected.   This will be more real life that will enter the white house instead of living in its weird reality tv bubble.  

the White House has a robust testing protocol so it probably won't get too bad there. they understand the importance of testing to protect themselves. they want everyone else to go back to work without testing though.

I agree they will get it under control eventually. But they were not testing everybody every day until yesterday.  They will find more in coming days. There is a reason why people isolate for at least 14 days. As with everything with this administration they have to learn the hard way because they don’t believe the experts. 

@neeratanden: The White House is a coronavirus hotspot. https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1259132550989086721

Edited by audidave

2 minutes ago, audidave said:

I agree they will get it under control eventually. But they were not testing everybody every day until yesterday.  They will find more in coming days. There is a reason why people isolate for at least 14 days. As with everything with this administration they have to learn the hard way because they don’t believe the experts. 

I dont think they dont believe the experts, but many of them take the opinions as guidance instead of fiat. It depends on how much weight they give the expert opinion, but clearly they are taking the expert opinion into account with all their actions. If they did not believe the experts, they would not have Fauci and other experts providing daily briefings. 

6 minutes ago, Brutus_buckeye said:

I dont think they dont believe the experts, but many of them take the opinions as guidance instead of fiat. It depends on how much weight they give the expert opinion, but clearly they are taking the expert opinion into account with all their actions. If they did not believe the experts, they would not have Fauci and other experts providing daily briefings. 

Uh, the president is an idiot. His feeling is more testing = more new cases. Therefore testing is bad. He doesn’t really want to increase testing in his own WH.  

4 hours ago, audidave said:

Uh, the president is an idiot. His feeling is more testing = more new cases. Therefore testing is bad. He doesn’t really want to increase testing in his own WH.  

Even if he only cares about himself and his image, he should realize that more testing = more cases = lower mortality rate.

I swear there will be “president is so dumb” jokes.  Unfortunately they are not jokes.  
   He’s so dumb he thinks that China is paying for the tariffs.  

He’s so dumb he thinks the US is running a protection racket with NATO.  TheIr 2% defense budgets should go to the US to stay a current member of the club, like a golf membership.  I’m sure his defense people have tried to explain that its not but then he would say why the hell are we in NATO then?!

There are many more like cleaning the inside of the body with disinfectant, windmills causing cancer, ignoring a pandemic, etc. 

2 hours ago, audidave said:

I swear there will be “president is so dumb” jokes.  Unfortunately they are not jokes.  
   He’s so dumb he thinks that China is paying for the tariffs.  

He’s so dumb he thinks the US is running a protection racket with NATO.  TheIr 2% defense budgets should go to the US to stay a current member of the club, like a golf membership.  I’m sure his defense people have tried to explain that its not but then he would say why the hell are we in NATO then?!

There are many more like cleaning the inside of the body with disinfectant, windmills causing cancer, ignoring a pandemic, etc. 

GettyImages_836311244.0.jpg

Unfreakingbelievable. He's putting the blame on heroes. Proof that Trumpies have no concept of selflessness....

I was right this will be a number counting daily update in the white house.  I don’t think stephen miller finishes this week without getting it. 

@AprilDRyan: I’m hearing on good authority that #coronavirus is more rampant in the #WhiteHouse than the public is being told. A very high-ranking individual may have also been impacted! The administration is currently mum on the matter, seeking prayers instead. #COVID19

Then the brilliant people at the white decided to have a performance today at the white house. 
@AprilDRyan: Gospel singer @timbowmanjr & singers performed at #WhiteHouse for #NationalDayofPrayer & in their photo there’s no masks, gloves or #SocialDistancing 😷 With 11 secret service being positive for #coronavirus + 2 staffers; I hope Tim & crew are #Quarantined & get #COVID19 tested! https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1259650677716004865/photo/1

Edited by audidave

"Litigants typically aren’t hesitant to release information or documents that reflect well on themselves, so the natural question arising from Trump’s stonewalling in the matters the Supreme Court will hear is, “What’s he hiding?”"

Big Baby Trump couldn't even finish his virus press rally today without an abrupt temper tantrum ending:

Dear Editors and News Managers: Please send all women reporters to Trump's news conferences. And if the women reporters are black, Asian or Hispanic, you get extra points.

It occurred to me that we are living in a slow rolling pearl harbor type crisis. It shows a presidency so flat footed it didn’t start responding until it was too late and well after the fact. The attack continues unabated across the US and he is blaming Obama for all his troubles. Then he says he’s not responsible that it falls to the governors. 
  We’ll probably end up with 200,000 dead by election day. The US will have spent 6 trillion in debt for the year to keep the country afloat.  The president wants to tweet lies and conspiracy theories the whole time. 
  Hopefully trump’s veil of secrecy starts coming down today at the Supreme court. If he loses that case, which he should, he will be absolutely maniacal. 

@KFClinton3: @TheRickWilson https://twitter.com/KFClinton3/status/1260187702063923200/photo/1

Edited by audidave

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

Obamagate!  Obamagate!  How specific do you want him to be?  We all know what it is!  The details are coming soon!  The media won't tell you about it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-reverts-to-tactic-of-accusing-foes-of-felonies-as-coronavirus-roils-the-nation/2020/05/12/2028bf88-9467-11ea-9f5e-56d8239bf9ad_story.html

On a day when coronavirus deaths passed 80,000 and top government scientists warned of the perils of loosening public health restrictions too soon, President Trump used his massive public platform to suggest a talk-show host he has clashed with committed murder.

His baseless charge capped a 48-hour stretch in which he accused scores of perceived opponents of criminal acts ranging from illegal espionage to election rigging.

Since writing “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY” at 8:10 a.m. on Sunday, Trump has used his Twitter account to make or elevate allegations of criminal conduct against no less than 20 individuals and organizations. Since Sunday, he has tweeted more often about alleged crimes by his perceived opponents than he has about the pandemic ravaging the country with mass death and unemployment.

Just a normal POTUS presenting a "united front" during the worst pandemic of our lives.

Very Stable Genius

image.thumb.png.7db4f936dbad52599e4d09f6b396782e.png

This is so easily proven to be false that I have to wonder if he isn't doing it on purpose because he knows his base is too dumb to realize the lie.

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

image.thumb.png.7db4f936dbad52599e4d09f6b396782e.png

This is so easily proven to be false that I have to wonder if he isn't doing it on purpose because he knows his base is too dumb to realize the lie.

No, they just don't care. 

You think a Trump supporter would be more likely to admit Trump's claim is false or attack the data? 

Who didn't see this coming? 

Such a desperate, insecure, needy child. I've never seen anyone so outwardly fragile....

He's trash.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

^ ‘You didn’t build that’.

Say, didn’t an earlier president rile up ‘we the people’ for saying that? I wonder why he was treated differently????

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwxsKxJTLkeayg4XQEaAo

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Trump is ratcheting up the Obamagate distractions to take the heat off himself and the economy.  

"On Monday the White House belatedly introduced a policy of mask-wearing in the West Wing — but it exempted President Trump. See what I mean about mask as metaphor? Trump demands protection from everybody around him, but nobody is protected from Trump. Story of America."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/opinion/coronavirus-masks.html

More than 85,000 Americans are dead from the worst pandemic of our lifetimes and the President wants to get his Senate lackeys to get Obama to testify (which would backfire spectacularly).  LEADERSHIP!

Also, why has Trump refused to ever testify on any of his crimes?

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

This is an incredible self own.  Rick Bright was the director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority - someone Trump should absolutely have met or talked to during a pandemic or at the very least heard of.  His office was (well, still is) involved in the development of a coronavirus vaccine. But of course, both Trump and his base are too stupid to recognize this.

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

"Oh, you're talking about the guy that was in charge of our vaccine research for this pandemic that we're 3 months into?   Yeah, never heard of him. Has he been on Fox News?  No?  Then how the hell am I supposed to know who he is?"  - Donald John Trump probably.

LOL 

If it's so beautiful, why didn't/don't you do either of these?

AND

Edited by KJP

I can't believe his base falls for these stunts.   After news comes out that Obama did indeed leave a pandemic preparedness plan, Kayleigh McEnany just so happens to have binders under her arm of Trump's much-better plans, which were never mentioned before.  The press should have jumped over and grabbed those binders.  I'm sure they are blank pages.  

^Why would his “press secretary”,  they just hired a couple weeks ago off of fox, be carrying around an unbeknownst “trump pandemic plan” when they spent 3 months saying it was merely a flu?

My bet just like “obamagate” trump is running his own bs show. It reminds me of the stupid table filled with folders of papers from all his various businesses at the beginning of his administration.  Apparently a con has got to con. 

^ aren't they essentially saying that this is all Trump's fault now. The results are all on him since he was following his own plan.

I just watched that video. Its pretty amusing hucksterism. Here’s a binder with a pretty cover of a plan we went over on August 2018.  Here’s a pretty binder of the follow-up to that plan.  Here is this drab pile of papers that Obama left us.  

10 minutes ago, audidave said:

I just watched that video. Its pretty amusing hucksterism. Here’s a binder with a pretty cover of a plan we went over on August 2018.  Here’s a pretty binder of the follow-up to that plan.  Here is this drab pile of papers that Obama left us.  

When they put the plan together in August 2018, didn't they notice that Obama "left the cupboards bare?"  What did they do about it?

44 minutes ago, audidave said:

It wasn't etched in stone so obviously we knew to not take it seriously.  DAMMIT OBAMA!

Very Stable Genius

I’d be surprised they have anything left from Obama administration. Trump’s been trying to eliminate anything with Obama’s name on it. Any policy, any procedure, any bills Obama passed he wants to overturn or get rid of. That is why he is so hurt that he can’t get rid of “Obamacare”. 

Outstanding.....

To them, the presidency is not a public service job, it's a TV show....

Okay. So the Trump administration's coronavirus response has been lackluster, at best.  But surely Trump can learn during this pandemic, calm a fearful nation and focus on dealing with COVID-19?

He’s such a piece of sh*t and his administration is just corrupt looking for out for his friends’ bottom line.  

Republicans sold their soul to this monster and the bill is coming due in November.