gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

Sounds like something he'd do...

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

^If he is still alive...we may have President Pelosi by then. The guy on the right tested positive for Covid 19

image.thumb.png.7a41dea9b96450470fd3df707d8acf11.png

Trump cannot be in very good health with his diet of fast food, lack of exercise, and general obesity. His doctor says he isn’t really sleeping a whole lot. He certainly didn’t sound well on Wednesday night.  Based on the 2-10 days and median of 5 days to show signs of Coronavirus it should def be obvious by today if he does any public announcements. 

@davidfrum: 4 Trump tweets/retweet so far today. All in proper English. Even the familiar whining looks at least internally coherent. 

IE: Trump didn't write them. Which suggests the president remains in the dazed state of collapse we all saw on TV Wednesday night.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-13/trump-administration-blocks-states-use-medicaid-respond-coronavirus-crisis

Despite mounting pleas from California and other states, the Trump administration isn’t allowing states to use Medicaid more freely to respond to the coronavirus crisis by expanding medical services.

In previous emergencies, including the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Hurricane Katrina and the H1N1 flu outbreak, both Republican and Democratic administrations loosened Medicaid rules to empower states to meet surging needs.

Even in the midst of a global pandemic, Republicans remain committed to cutting social programs that save lives.

Very Stable Genius

Obama handed Trump a growing economy, a shrinking deficit, an Iran nuclear deal, and teams in place to deal with pandemics.

Very Stable Genius

And, a reminder....

1 hour ago, KJP said:

I think he has it as well.  Especially given that the Miami mayor tested positive.

Edited by Toddguy

what kind of fumbling, off the rails insane speech was that this afternoon? wow.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 3:39 PM, eastvillagedon said:

I'm sure he just made it up off the top of his head👨‍⚕️

Just simply incredible how poorly this is aging.

Today, Trump: Coronavirus may not wash out until July or August.

Very Stable Genius

Will Trump do everything possible now to delay treatment and development/delivery of any vaccines after seeing DeWine defy a court order to delay the primary election, citing a health emergency? Would Trump extend the suffering to delay the general election? 

12 minutes ago, KJP said:

Will Trump do everything possible now to delay treatment and development/delivery of any vaccines after seeing DeWine defy a court order to delay the primary election, citing a health emergency? Would Trump extend the suffering to delay the general election? 

The 20th Amendment says his term ends at noon on January 20th. So in the case that there is no election, Nancy Pelosi would become the next president. 

30 minutes ago, DEPACincy said:

The 20th Amendment says his term ends at noon on January 20th. So in the case that there is no election, Nancy Pelosi would become the next president. 

OK, I'm no Constitutional scholar, but House of Representatives terms expire on January 3rd, and with a divided Congress, I can't see either party agreeing to extend a Congressional term if no Presidential election occurs.  Why would a Republican controlled Senate ever agree to such a scenario?

1 hour ago, buckeye1 said:

OK, I'm no Constitutional scholar, but House of Representatives terms expire on January 3rd, and with a divided Congress, I can't see either party agreeing to extend a Congressional term if no Presidential election occurs.  Why would a Republican controlled Senate ever agree to such a scenario?

Well, according to the Constitution, only Congress has the power to set the election date anyway, and the Democratic controlled House is not going to agree to postpone it. So it's a moot point. 

7 minutes ago, DEPACincy said:

Well, according to the Constitution, only Congress has the power to set the election date anyway, and the Democratic controlled House is not going to agree to postpone it. So it's a moot point. 

DeWine doesn't have the authority to delay an election in Ohio, yet here we are.

Very Stable Genius

9 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Well a) "The department of health" is not the governor and b) she may enforce isolation or quarantine, but that solves nothing about the actual election.

The Dept of Health is who actually put forth the order. There is no federal statute that grants the president or any of his departments any kind of similar authority. 

11 minutes ago, DEPACincy said:

The Dept of Health is who actually put forth the order. There is no federal statute that grants the president or any of his departments any kind of similar authority. 

I'm sure that barrier will stop Trump if/when we get there.

Very Stable Genius

Based on Trump's presser right now, he said he's watching this court case closely, so I'd still be on guard as to whether he'd at least try.

6 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

I'm sure that barrier will stop Trump if/when we get there.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's capable of trying. But I don't think he'd be successful. Now, if we had a GOP controlled Congress I'd be more nervous. We may see why the 2018 election was so important. 

can we get these disgusting, embarrassing humans out of the white house?

CBS News White House correspondent Weijia Jiang shocked many by revealing that a White House official took President Donald Trump’s “Chinese virus” slur even further by calling the coronavirus “kung flu” right to her face.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/asian-american-journalist-says-trump-white-house-official-called-coronavirus-kung-flu-to-her-face/

Now he's gonna pretend he was on it from the beginning.  What a bum.

Edited by freefourur

5 minutes ago, freefourur said:

You can't blame him.  His base and GOP leadership fall right in line behind him.   

1 hour ago, Cleburger said:

You can't blame him.  His base and GOP leadership fall right in line behind him.   

He could literally commit murder on live tv and they would find a way to excuse it, blame the victim, etc. Reminds me of HItler and his blinded minions

Edited by Toddguy

38 minutes ago, Toddguy said:

He could literally commit murder on live tv and they would find a way to excuse it, blame the victim, etc. Reminds me of HItler and his blinded minions

Trump: "It never happened"

***Youtube video plays for all to see***

Trump: "It never happened"

Trump supporters (in unison): "It never happened....Deep State...Extremist Democrats...MAGA"

7 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Is he actually this deluded/in denial or is it more of a cognitive impairment at this point?

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:05 PM, freefourur said:

Today: "It snuck up on us."

Very Stable Genius

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:37 AM, DEPACincy said:

The House wouldn't have elections either...so it wouldn't go to Pelosi.  It would be Patrick Leahy.  Because none of the Senate races would be held either, meaning a bunch of GOP Senators terms would end.  It would go to the President pro tempore of the Senate, and that would be Leahy as the senior-most member of the party.

Very Stable Genius

17 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

The House wouldn't have elections either...so it wouldn't go to Pelosi.  It would be Patrick Leahy.  Because none of the Senate races would be held either, meaning a bunch of GOP Senators terms would end.  It would go to the President pro tempore of the Senate, and that would be Leahy as the senior-most member of the party.

I saw that tweet too. If true, that's fine. That still keeps us from getting indefinite Trump. 

AND

AND

Edited by KJP

somebody needs to see if trump and his russian gangster backers dumped stock after their secret repub corona meeting too. where’s our gen z woodward & bernstein?

Every time he's does a press briefing, the stock market slumps. Trump is so inept at this, and so fragile that he took this as a personal attack....

28 minutes ago, KJP said:

Every time he's does a press briefing, the stock market slumps. Trump is so inept at this, and so fragile that he took this as a personal attack....

Most of us have known that Trump is not competent or psychologically ordered from way before his presidency so I was not really surprised by this at all when I watched it.  He is the antithesis of "presidential".  I got the feeling that Fauci was just seething having to deal with this moron.

There are so many republican voters that are home right now and can watch the ineptness live.  They normally only see him in his best of snippets or reading from a script.  So it should be interesting how they feel he’s doing with 2 weeks of his shrill venting vs any governor that is actually leading.