gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

I'm a pretty neutral person, I never liked either Trump or Clinton.

I can see unequivocally that people are reacted really in an absolute ridiculous way about Trump winning.

I do not feel sorry at all for people being afraid they will be deported.  If they are legal, why would they be afraid?  Ohhh, well you brought your children here, or you came in here illegally and had children, so you get a pass?  While taxpayers and citizens of this country pay for your roads that get you your food, etc. etc.  And then people on the far left are so so so offended by what Trump said originally when really it wasn't anything different than anyone has said in the past, maybe he said it in a more crude manner.

Lastly, I don't think anyone has gone as low as Bill Clinton did in 1991 or 1992 in executing a man who basically had a labatomy and every single person who was around asked for clemency because the man was turned into a child.  Clinton killed him anyways because he wanted to be looked at as a law and order candidate.  Think if Trump did that? 

If I went to a country illegally, like Canada, and sucked on the teet of that country and their taxpayers, I highly highly doubt that anyone in Canada would feel bad for me and give me a pass.  And this is more than 11 million people who came into our country, not just a few.  In fact, there were some Canadian friends and also my gf's Canadian friend said something like, "Trump is going to screw Canada because now all the illegal immigrants are going to come up here and ruin our economy", and do any of you all think that most Canadians feel that way?  It's a bizzaro world that's for sure.

It's amazing that people think that nobody is going to be unfairly targeted or have their status decided for them incorrectly and then they'll be thrown out.

It's like thinking there are no innocent people that ever go to prison.

Come on. Do you really think if the government decided they didn't want you here, they couldn't easily find a reason to invalidate whatever legal papers or reason you have to be here so that they can get rid of you? If 12 racist dicks complain about the Muslim at work and claim he's illegal, even if his papers are in order and he's there legally, you can bet they will find a reason a T wasn't crossed or an I wasn't dotted correctly so that they can deport them. And in the meantime, EVEN WHEN PEOPLE'S STUFF WILL EVENTUALLY CHECK OUT, they'll be likely jailed temporarily or at minimum, harassed horribly until such time as a decision is made, and even then, do you really think the people who complained are going to be all, oh, ok, you checked him out and he's good?

I cannot believe people are that naive. Like it's just a matter of people handing over their papers and everyone going, nope, you're good, carry on.

Have you ever been involved in a lawsuit for which you were not at fault and maybe were even a 3rd or 4th party, completely unrelated to the original complaint? It can take years to untangle and cost thousands of dollars. I had a friend lose her job at a new company because she left the old one when the boss made her take part in illegal practices regarding buying and selling cars. Then the car company sued the boss and included her in the suit, and she had to get a lawyer to get out of the suit and pay thousands of dollars proving she was only doing what she was told. she is now filing for bankruptcy. This is real. These things happen. It's not happenstance and anecdotal. Having a "show us your papers" country is not going to simply and only yield people who are here illegally.

And what of the children born on American soil to those who are here illegally. They are american citizens by law. Let's say the father brought the family over for a job, then he was killed and now the Mom is targeted as an illegal immigrant. You just send her to jail? And then deport her? The kid has a right to grow up as a citizen.

What of the lab worker who is doing specialized research on a grant, then the grant lapses and it's 6 months until the new one comes up. Without this person's key research, we might miss an important medical advancement. But instead of waiting until the 6 months is over and the person can be here legally under the grant again, just throw them the hell out immediately? And come back when you get the grant again?

These issues are much, much more complex than show us your papers and if you're here illegally, you're gone.

Honestly, this is the same naiveté and blindness people have when they say, if the black people had just done what they were told to when they were stopped by the police, there would never have been a problem. It's now been documented hundreds of times that even when people do this, things still go horribly wrong and they are unfairly targeted. BECAUSE OF BIAS. This is what's going to happen to people who have to show their papers either. Well, I thought he was an illegal, so I started an argument with him and then he got mad and I had to shoot him. I mean, it's really going to be bad.

"Rosenzweig explained to Clinton that it was all a horrible misunderstanding, Rector was “a zombie — it couldn’t, it shouldn’t be done. He’s a child. It’s like killing a child.” Rosenzweig begged Clinton not to allow the execution to proceed. “His execution,” Rosenzweig said, “would be remembered as a disgrace to the state.” After listening patiently to what Rosenzweig had to say, Clinton “hung up with a non-committal pleasantry.”

Still, Rosenzweig believed Clinton couldn’t execute Rector, now that he had the facts. “I thought he just might not want to be seen as merciless,” Rosenzweig recollected.

Clinton refused to grant clemency. Rector was executed on January 24, 1992. It is unlikely he had any idea what was about to happen. When he had his last meal, Rector set the dessert aside for later, even though there wouldn’t be a later. And in a pitiful and poignant detail, the night before his execution, watching Clinton on television, Rector said that he planned to vote for him in November.

Clinton’s plan to appear “tough on crime” had worked. In the following months, the political value of Rector’s execution became abundantly clear. It knocked the law-and-order issue out of the campaign. One commentator said it showed Clinton was “a different sort of Democrat.” As another put it, “he had someone put to death who only had half a brain. You don’t find them any tougher than that.”"

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/11/bill-clinton-rickey-rector-death-penalty-execution-crime-racism/

Now, I'm not saying everything Trump did was good or he didn't make things that make you screech or cringe or anything, and I hope with everything we keep moving forward as a country, but it's unfair to say that the same things haven't happened with Clinton on a different level.  I heard a lot of people say, "the Clinton's are career criminals in my mind".  Yet they are all labeled racists for voting against her, just ridiculous.

It's amazing that people think that nobody is going to be unfairly targeted or have their status decided for them incorrectly and then they'll be thrown out.

It's like thinking there are no innocent people that ever go to prison.

Come on. Do you really think if the government decided they didn't want you here, they couldn't easily find a reason to invalidate whatever legal papers or reason you have to be here so that they can get rid of you? If 12 racist dicks complain about the Muslim at work and claim he's illegal, even if his papers are in order and he's there legally, you can bet they will find a reason a T wasn't crossed or an I wasn't dotted correctly so that they can deport them. And in the meantime, EVEN WHEN PEOPLE'S STUFF WILL EVENTUALLY CHECK OUT, they'll be likely jailed temporarily or at minimum, harassed horribly until such time as a decision is made, and even then, do you really think the people who complained are going to be all, oh, ok, you checked him out and he's good?

I cannot believe people are that naive. Like it's just a matter of people handing over their papers and everyone going, nope, you're good, carry on.

Have you ever been involved in a lawsuit for which you were not at fault and maybe were even a 3rd or 4th party, completely unrelated to the original complaint? It can take years to untangle and cost thousands of dollars. I had a friend lose her job at a new company because she left the old one when the boss made her take part in illegal practices regarding buying and selling cars. Then the car company sued the boss and included her in the suit, and she had to get a lawyer to get out of the suit and pay thousands of dollars proving she was only doing what she was told. she is now filing for bankruptcy. This is real. These things happen. It's not happenstance and anecdotal. Having a "show us your papers" country is not going to simply and only yield people who are here illegally.

And what of the children born on American soil to those who are here illegally. They are american citizens by law. Let's say the father brought the family over for a job, then he was killed and now the Mom is targeted as an illegal immigrant. You just send her to jail? And then deport her? The kid has a right to grow up as a citizen.

What of the lab worker who is doing specialized research on a grant, then the grant lapses and it's 6 months until the new one comes up. Without this person's key research, we might miss an important medical advancement. But instead of waiting until the 6 months is over and the person can be here legally under the grant again, just throw them the hell out immediately? And come back when you get the grant again?

These issues are much, much more complex than show us your papers and if you're here illegally, you're gone.

Oh I am sure it happens, no doubt, but you act like 1 in 1,000 should be an exception to everything.  Point blank, if you illegally go into another country, you should pay the penalty.  Just like Obama has been doing the past 8 years, too.  That's not being naive, that's being realistic.

And yeah, Sh** happens.  I got mugged in Cincinnati and was told "stay the f*** out of our neighborhood white boy", but I am not going out screaming blacks are racists against whites or became a racist because of it.  I had to spend $3k of my own money for my hospital bills until the victim of crime compensation came through a year later, but I'm not mad at the system. 

^^Why are we talking about Bill Clinton in the Trump Presidency thread?  And in order to be properly labeled a "career criminal" you, you know, actually have to be convicted of several crimes over the course of your life.  It's an inflammatory, hyperbolic statement with no basis in fact.

Bill Clinton was not running for office this election. What does this have to do with how horrible it is to elect Trump? Because Cambodia had Pol Pot, they should elect someone else who is also horrible? Because Hitler had Germany, they should do it again?

One good turn deserves another is really the argument for electing a horrible monster?

Bill Clinton was not running for office this election. What does this have to do with how horrible it is to elect Trump? Because Cambodia had Pol Pot, they should elect someone else who is also horrible? Because Hitler had Germany, they should do it again?

One good turn deserves another is really the argument for electing a horrible monster?

I'm not sayiing that, all I was trying to say is that this vote was as much against the Clinton's as it was for Trump.  And if you don't think that, then that is naive.  That's all I am saying.

^Sure, but I highly doubt the Ricky Rector case has anything to do with even a single person voting against Clinton.

What do you mean?  You don't think the cumulative affect of actions over the years doesn't change the perception of a person or family for groups of people?  That logic makes no sense at all

^We aren't talking about the cumulative effect of the vast right wing conspiracyTM against the Clintons we are talking about a single case.  You think Trump voters are against the execution of a killer who also shot a cop and then turned himself into a vegetable by shooting himself in the head when they tried to arrest him?  Give me a break.

^ You are missing my logic, completely missing my logic.  I am saying both sides are completely guilty of hypocritical accusations.  Both sides extrapolate the truth and bend it to fit their narrative.  The left says Trump is a monster, the rigth says Clinton is a monster.  I said that the Clinton's are viewed as career criminals by a lot of people. You say that is not based in fact.  I gave you an example of why some people think that. 

Now you say, how does that have anything to do with now or Trump, I say, it's a cumulative effect over the years. 

So all I am saying, no matter what side you are on, it's hypocritical to say "Oh it's BS for people to think Clinton's are career criminals, no facts, etc.", I present a specific case of why people have that impression and that impression grew over the years, not even to mention Clinton's lies and secrecacy, then you come back and say it is irrelevant.  When in fact, you are doing the same exact thing about Trump.

I don't want to argue, I don't, I just think it's amusing people come out and point out the arrow lodged in someones leg when their own side also has an arrow lodged into their leg.

By the way I didn't vote for Trump.

What is wrong, and immoral, is assaulting someone because of how they voted. The only false equivalencies here are the ones your making to justify the violence and hate the left is spewing. Hate is hate - whether you hate someone for their political views or their birthplace you're still a hateful person.

Sorry but no. What you're doing is the exact thing my post is criticizing. Muddying the waters and making a false equivalency to distract from what Trump wants to do and is going to do.

I never assaulted anyone for how they voted and I never "justified" any violence. Anyone who damages anything while protesting should be arrested and charged. What I said is that a protester in the street doing something, whatever he/she does, is not equal to the president-elect of the united states. OK, so you think my "think of the children argument" is lame. (I don't.) But fine, I can go through pages and pages of things he's said and things he's done and frankly we all know what they are so I shouldn't even have to.

Stop and frisk and "law and order," how about that one? He lies and says crime is going up when it isn't, he lies about the conditions of "inner cities" to his suburban and rural base (which I think this board knows more than anyone, don't have realistic images of cities) and he says he wants to implement stop and frisk, a failed policy that unfairly affects millions of people. Not equal to a broken window by a venting protester. NOT EQUAL.

Using the fact that the New York Times has a left-leaning editorial page to pretend it invalidates all their reporting, and therefore pretending anything they report is equal to anything conservativetodaywebnews.net reports. NOT EQUAL.

^He can't.  But his DOJ can and probably will look the other way on civil rights violations by the local authorities.  That is the real danger here.  Not that Trump and his team will be overtly racist, but that they won't do anything to stop racism by local authorities in "Kentucky USA"

^He can't.  But his DOJ can and probably will look the other way on civil rights violations by the local authorities.  That is the real danger here.  Not that Trump and his team will be overtly racist, but that they won't do anything to stop racism by local authorities in "Kentucky USA"

That is a legitimate concern.

I really wonder at the capability of the Trump regime. I don't really care about his deportation policy. I think it will end up that Obama will have deported more people than him anyways. But Obama will have had 8 years and the trumpster if he"s lucky 4.  To me that is a non-issue.

I worry about the about the idiots he's going to put in charge of all the departments. NSA idiot is Putin's favorite general. He wants a convicted felon that actually has issue keeping secrets as a DoD secretary. It really looks like wingnut central for his cabinet.

this is heartening. Not all Hillary voters are as unhinged as the phony protesters that are in the news day and night--

Jason Riley: Harlem Gives President Trump a Chance

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/11/16/jason-riley-harlem-gives-president-trump-chance

"This may come as a shock to the political left, but not everyone who opposed Donald Trump is as angry or despondent as the demonstrators who grabbed headlines nationwide over the past week or the pundits who intellectualized the Democratic hissy fit.

On Monday I took a stroll around New York City’s Harlem neighborhood and asked a couple of dozen black residents to respond to the election and subsequent protests. I didn’t come across any Trump voters—or at least any who admitted it—but many told me they had expected Hillary Clinton’s defeat. No one thought it was the end of the world."

^ What is with the "phoney protestor" label?  I hear this from people at work who said all the protesters in Cincinnati were getting checks from George Soros. Come on people think about it

this is heartening. Not all Hillary voters are as unhinged as the phony protesters that are in the news day and night--

Jason Riley: Harlem Gives President Trump a Chance

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/11/16/jason-riley-harlem-gives-president-trump-chance

"This may come as a shock to the political left, but not everyone who opposed Donald Trump is as angry or despondent as the demonstrators who grabbed headlines nationwide over the past week or the pundits who intellectualized the Democratic hissy fit.

On Monday I took a stroll around New York City’s Harlem neighborhood and asked a couple of dozen black residents to respond to the election and subsequent protests. I didn’t come across any Trump voters—or at least any who admitted it—but many told me they had expected Hillary Clinton’s defeat. No one thought it was the end of the world."

That's ironic, because I suspect if anyone is shocked by this, it is the readers and viewers of Fox, who view the left as being made up entirely of welfare queens who use American flags to burn effigies of Christ while chatting on their Obama phones

^ What is with the "phoney protestor" label?  I hear this from people at work who said all the protesters in Cincinnati were getting checks from George Soros. Come on people think about it

It is once again misdirection as I was talking about above. Trying to distract from the real issue which is what the people are there protesting. They know they won't win that argument so they talk about broken windows and George Soros checks. If there's a protest of anything be it Trump, Black Lives Matter, whatever, these people will always try to make the discussion about the biggest idiot in the group of protesters, or accusations of phoniness or whatever. Of course they always say they support the first amendment, but that this particular protest is dumb. But they apply that to every protest. Misdirection. Changing the subject. Muddying the waters. Repeat a lie til it becomes true. Welcome to our new White House.

It is once again misdirection as I was talking about above. Trying to distract from the real issue which is what the people are there protesting. They know they won't win that argument so they talk about broken windows and George Soros checks. If there's a protest of anything be it Trump, Black Lives Matter, whatever, these people will always try to make the discussion about the biggest idiot in the group of protesters, or accusations of phoniness or whatever. Of course they always say they support the first amendment, but that this particular protest is dumb. But they apply that to every protest. Misdirection. Changing the subject. Muddying the waters. Repeat a lie til it becomes true. Welcome to our new White House.

as I wondered already last week: What is it that they're protesting? Trump doesn't take office for another two months! All I can conclude is that they're protesting our very system of choosing a president, since they are unable to accept the results of what at least seems to be a free and fair election.

as I wondered already last week: What is it that they're protesting? Trump doesn't take office for another two months! All I can conclude is that they're protesting our very system of choosing a president, since they are unable to accept the results of what at least seems to be a free and fair election.

No, this has also been repeated ad nauseum. It is not about contesting the election. It's a way to show Trump that not everybody in the country agrees with him and we will be watching what he does. This is how a free society works.

I highly doubt that Mitt Romney would have caused such a reaction. If you are mad about the sheer volume of protests then you need to take a look in the mirror and think about what exactly is so different about your candidate that has caused this. I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink.

It's a way to show Trump that not everybody in the country agrees with him

ummmm, that's why we had an election.

OK so by that logic you should have kept your mouth shut during 8 years of Obama which I highly doubt you did. Because apparently you're not allowed to say anything after an election. Guess I missed that part of the first amendment..

Political minorities and election losers have the right to make themselves heard. That's part of why we have free speech and I think you know that.

The question is why do so many people feel the need to do this, so early on?

OK so by that logic you should have kept your mouth shut during 8 years of Obama which I highly doubt you did. Because apparently you're not allowed to say anything after an election. Guess I missed that part of the first amendment.

there's a big difference between peacefully protesting the policies of a President once in office and rampaging in the streets 2 minutes after election day angry that your candidate wasn't chosen. Apparently to you there's no distinction.

The End of Identity Liberalism

It is a truism that America has become a more diverse country. It is also a beautiful thing to watch. Visitors from other countries, particularly those having trouble incorporating different ethnic groups and faiths, are amazed that we manage to pull it off. Not perfectly, of course, but certainly better than any European or Asian nation today. It’s an extraordinary success story.

But how should this diversity shape our politics? The standard liberal answer for nearly a generation now has been that we should become aware of and “celebrate” our differences. Which is a splendid principle of moral pedagogy — but disastrous as a foundation for democratic politics in our ideological age. In recent years American liberalism has slipped into a kind of moral panic about racial, gender and sexual identity that has distorted liberalism’s message and prevented it from becoming a unifying force capable of governing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/opinion/sunday/the-end-of-identity-liberalism.html

I am OK with the protests on Trump, I guess more so if they are for equality, etc.  I am not for stuff like shutting down an Interstate because Trump was elected.

Things like Black Lives Matter, etc. protesting killings of blacks by police, shutting down a highway, though I think it is highly dangerous, I don't have too much of a problem with that.

You all are right that anyone but Trump probably wouldn't cauase this reaction... well maybe Ted Cruz.  But at the same time, would everyone else have beat Hillary Clinton, no matter who the R nominee was?  The fact of the matter is that Clinton could not get people to come out and vote for her in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, heck almost Minnesota flipped to Red.

She didn't get them out to vote because she didn't work to get their vote.  Even if we can't ever bring back all the jobs that were lost in manufacturing, etc., we can slow it down.  My mom worked for a plant called Eaton in Belmond, IA.  It employed about 750 people, and they made fenders and other metal works parts for Caterpillar and a few other customers.

Caterpillar decided to build their own plant in China, have all the parts made there, then ship them over in containers to California, and rail them over to Peoria, IL to make their tractors.  I think the at least two Eaton plants in Iowa lost about 1,000 employess in the last year because of that move by Caterpillar.

I dare anyone to try to export a good over to China.  It may be the most difficult country to export to.  Yet if China wants to send anything over here, all they got to do is send over their label, SDS and specifications sheet and they are good to go. 

OK so by that logic you should have kept your mouth shut during 8 years of Obama which I highly doubt you did. Because apparently you're not allowed to say anything after an election. Guess I missed that part of the first amendment.

there's a big difference between peacefully protesting the policies of a President once in office and rampaging in the streets 2 minutes after election day angry that your candidate wasn't chosen. Apparently to you there's no distinction.

You don't get to choose the terms of when and why people should protest. If they want to take to the streets 2 minutes after election day, that's their prerogative. Wouldn't have happened for Mitt Romney. You should be thinking about what it is about Trump that has inspired so many to take this unprecedented step.

Public opinion always matters in Democracy because it pressures elected bodies. These protests could actually help to change how he handles his transition or change how members of congress approach his confirmation hearings for cabinet members. It definitely challenges his idea of a mandate and weakens his political capital, and that's how it's supposed to work. If people feel so passionately about it this early on, that's just part of the game. Stop saying they shouldn't protest and start countering their arguments.

The End of Identity Liberalism

It is a truism that America has become a more diverse country. It is also a beautiful thing to watch. Visitors from other countries, particularly those having trouble incorporating different ethnic groups and faiths, are amazed that we manage to pull it off. Not perfectly, of course, but certainly better than any European or Asian nation today. It’s an extraordinary success story.

But how should this diversity shape our politics? The standard liberal answer for nearly a generation now has been that we should become aware of and “celebrate” our differences. Which is a splendid principle of moral pedagogy — but disastrous as a foundation for democratic politics in our ideological age. In recent years American liberalism has slipped into a kind of moral panic about racial, gender and sexual identity that has distorted liberalism’s message and prevented it from becoming a unifying force capable of governing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/opinion/sunday/the-end-of-identity-liberalism.html

I read this article this morning and I think it's very thought provoking. There's another like it:

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-the-working-class-and-the-left-fail-as-a-couple-and-what-to-do-about-it/

In the end I hope we can figure out a way to go forward in the way these articles are talking about, without throwing minority issues under the bus. There has to be a halfway point and Dems need to change how they communicate with the public at large.

The issue is that the republican party put a despicable person up versus Hillary so that voters had to decide which as if it really is a binary option. We've gone over the outrageous and disgusting things he said. Apparently that doesn't matter as they are just words. We've looked at his business acumen. It is prefty pathetic with all the bankruptcies. We can't look at his taxes and he has no public office audit trail to compare since he is an outsider.  He has had closing in on 5000 lawsuits he's been a part of. He just settled the Trump University lawsuit in California today for almost $25 million. That sounds a bit fraudulent to me. He's got a rape case coming up with a 13yr old.  I wonder how much he can pay her off for. She might take $10 million to keep her mouth shut.

This is why he is such a lousy businessman. He has to lie, cheat, and steal aka not pay for services rendered to get ahead. Eventually people get tired of trying to get their money or go out of business and Trump doesn't need to worry about paying them.  Or with the banks he gave them back 10 cents on the dollar and called it a day.

For anyone that has a care at all about foreign policy or digs deeper than headlines on any policy, it is obvious trump is only a gut level interest. We're back at W again.  At least W surrounded himself with a lot of his dad's advisors.  The guys Trump is surrounding himself with are pobably about the worst one could pick for these positions. I really wouldn't put it past Trump to put David Duke up for some minority outreach coordinator. 

Alright, roll call - has anyone been missing from Urban Ohio for the last few days?

Ohio Man Charged With Threatening Trump's Life on Twitter

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ohio-man-charged-threatening-trump-s-life-twitter-n685656

Zachary Benson, 24, of the Cleveland suburb of Fairview Park, could face five years in prison if he's convicted of the single count of making threats against the president and successors to the presidency.

In an affidavit included in the criminal complaint, the U.S. Secret Service said Benson sent the threatening tweet in the wee hours of the morning on Nov. 9, the day after Election Day.

I don't think he will look the other way on blatant civil rights violations, but I think he will be repeatedly accused of doing so. Eric Holder didn't take any heat for concluding that Darren Wilson did nothing wrong in Ferguson, Sessions would have been attacked by the media incessantly for drawing the same conclusion. The media will never give him a fair shake, anything he does will be assumed by the left to be racist.

OP-ED CONTRIBUTOR

The Right Way to Resist Trump

By LUIGI ZINGALES

NOVEMBER 18, 2016

Five years ago, I warned about the risk of a Donald J. Trump presidency. Most people laughed. They thought it inconceivable.

I was not particularly prescient; I come from Italy, and I had already seen this movie, starring Silvio Berlusconi, who led the Italian government as prime minister for a total of nine years between 1994 and 2011. I knew how it could unfold.

Now that Mr. Trump has been elected president, the Berlusconi parallel could offer an important lesson in how to avoid transforming a razor-thin victory into a two-decade affair. If you think presidential term limits and Mr. Trump’s age could save the country from that fate, think again. His tenure could easily turn into a Trump dynasty.

Mr. Berlusconi was able to govern Italy for as long as he did mostly thanks to the incompetence of his opposition. It was so rabidly obsessed with his personality that any substantive political debate disappeared; it focused only on personal attacks, the effect of which was to increase Mr. Berlusconi’s popularity. His secret was an ability to set off a Pavlovian reaction among his leftist opponents, which engendered instantaneous sympathy in most moderate voters. Mr. Trump is no different.

MORE:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/opinion/the-right-way-to-resist-trump.html

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Donald Trump settles Trump University lawsuits

Donald Trump has agreed to pay $25 million to settle three lawsuits against Trump University.

The deal will keep the president-elect from having to testify in a trial in San Diego that was set to begin November 28.

More below:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/18/news/trump-university-settlement/index.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Former Rep. John Dingell blasts 'deplorable' Trump Cabinet picks

With President-elect Donald Trump's preliminary Cabinet picks already gaining criticism, former Michigan Rep. John Dingell added his own personal disdain in a tweet Friday.

"Forget the basket. The truly deplorable ones end up in the Cabinet," said Dingell, who served in the House longer than any other representative in history, making reference to a statement Hillary Clinton made during the presidential race calling some Trump supporters a "basket of deplorables."

More below:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/politics/john-dingell-donald-trump-tweet/index.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

I don't think he will look the other way on blatant civil rights violations, but I think he will be repeatedly accused of doing so. Eric Holder didn't take any heat for concluding that Darren Wilson did nothing wrong in Ferguson, Sessions would have been attacked by the media incessantly for drawing the same conclusion. The media will never give him a fair shake, anything he does will be assumed by the left to be racist.

First of all, that was not Holder's conclusion. That's like saying Comey found that Clinton did nothing wrong with her emails. Secondly, he faced a ton of blowback for his decision not to bring charges.

Sessions will rightful be viewed with a very skeptical eye. There were few picks that would have been worse for AG.  The ACLU is going to be needed more than it has been in recent times. That much is for sure.

"ACLU" - the four most offensive, stomach turning letters in the U-S-of-A. Well, after P-R-O-T-E-S-T, of course.

Why's that? Because they actually defend crazy concepts like free speech and equality?

When we are asked to apologize for an appeal for liberty, justice, and equality, then we as the United States of America are in serious trouble. Go f*ck yourself, Criminal Trump.

Trump demands apology from ‘Hamilton’ after cast’s message to Pence

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/11/19/trump-demands-apology-from-hamilton-after-casts-message-to-pence/?tid=sm_fb

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz