gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

Did Pompeo really think that an NPR reporter wouldn't be able to find the country that has been at the center of some of the biggest news in US history for the past 6 months on a map?

19 minutes ago, X said:

Did Pompeo really think that an NPR reporter wouldn't be able to find the country that has been at the center of some of the biggest news in US history for the past 6 months on a map?

Usually if a person is certain that someone doesn't know something, it's because that person just learned it and figures the person they are talking to couldn't possibly know it.

What I'm suggesting is: I don't think Pompeo could have pointed to Ukraine on a map a year ago.

2 hours ago, ryanlammi said:

Usually if a person is certain that someone doesn't know something, it's because that person just learned it and figures the person they are talking to couldn't possibly know it.

What I'm suggesting is: I don't think Pompeo could have pointed to Ukraine on a map a year ago.

Stupid people always assume everyone else is stupid, too.

^ they've been waiting for an excuse. They are mad that Schiff said that they are afraid of Trump. Now they will vote against witnesses to prove that Schiff war right.

Edited by freefourur

5 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

Men are too emotional to lead.

If you want the audio of this ill-mannered, immoral man who wears Jesus on his sleeve so he walk with people who are morally centered with our without the aid of religion....

Oops, here's the full audio......

Edited by KJP

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

I think that, more than anything else, Trump has exposed the deep flaws in the system that have previously gone largely unnoticed or ignored.  We have never been in a position where so much of the government existed solely to cover up the misdeeds and crimes of a president.  I don't think the Founders even considered such a scenario where so many people would be so corrupt and so deeply unpatriotic.  Furthermore, I'm confounded by the very idea that a president should be able to block any evidence or witnesses in an investigation into their own wrongdoings, let alone their trial.  In what other situation does a potential criminal get to dictate submitted evidence or testimony, especially without recourse?  What is the use of an impeachment and trial process for a president if there can never be any conviction simply due to either partisan hackery or, again,  a largely single-party government collaborating to defend the accused?   Once Senate Republicans acquit- and they will- the precedent is set that presidents are untouchable by any law, including the Constitution.  At that point, can we call ourselves a constitutional democracy?  Or a nation of laws?

Edited by jonoh81

The USA as we knew her is over. Perhaps groups of states can find their own democratic future together. And while I often disagree with this man, I agree with him here....

What a child....

Doubtful. In a Republican oligarchy, you're only allowed to insult people who don't show fealty to Dear Leader....

Sometimes children don't listen and have to find out the hard way. And it's very difficult for everyone to see....

Edited by KJP

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

And he's part of a religious nutbaggery cult of evangelicals that's desirous of the Rapture and its End Times. There is no negotiating with them....

As per Wikipedia: In August 2018 Pompeo called Russia to "immediately release" jailed Ukrainian filmmaker Oleg Sentsov. 

So you see, Pompeo isn’t all bad. Just like 98% bad. 

ps lol at the former cia director alleging an npr conspiracy hahahaha

I wonder if Murkowski and Collins are clutching their pearls or if Lankford is "visibly upset " about this.

Edited by freefourur

this one is hilarious.

the news says the president's position on abortion is 'evolving.'

yeah I'll say, given he was vehemently pro-choice.

and then when you think of all the abortions this hypocritical fraud paid for.

i.e.,

https://friedmanoftheplains.com/donald-trump-admits-to-paying-for-abortion-1c4ae9832770

but its as they say,

he could shoot someone on 5th avenue with some people -- and his russian loaners.

4 hours ago, mrnyc said:

That article has a “satire” disclaimer at the end, although I certainly wouldn’t have guessed that. I couldn’t find any secondary references to this on reputable sites. 

I’m quite confident that he’s paid for abortions, it’d just be nice to have it proven somewhere reputable. 

Republican senator admits he didn’t know about Bolton’s confirmation of Trump’s bribery — but still doesn’t care

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/republican-senator-admits-he-didnt-know-about-boltons-confirmation-of-trumps-bribery-but-still-doesnt-care/

“And it is a tricky combination like I told Chuck Todd this morning, between using your conscience and having to decide what the people in your state are wanting.”

OMG, these assh*ts are saying the quiet parts out loud again. 

As part of your senatorial duties, it’s your constitutional duty to be an impartial juror, based on the evidence. He, McConnell and Graham should be removed from the process based on their comments. 

7 minutes ago, stpats44113 said:

Republican senator admits he didn’t know about Bolton’s confirmation of Trump’s bribery — but still doesn’t care

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/republican-senator-admits-he-didnt-know-about-boltons-confirmation-of-trumps-bribery-but-still-doesnt-care/

“And it is a tricky combination like I told Chuck Todd this morning, between using your conscience and having to decide what the people in your state are wanting.”

OMG, these assh*ts are saying the quiet parts out loud again. 

As part of your senatorial duties, it’s your constitutional duty to be an impartial juror, based on the evidence. He, McConnell and Graham should be removed from the process based on their comments. 

1 hour ago, freefourur said:

Republicans be like:

who cares bobby singer GIF

12 hours ago, Boomerang_Brian said:

That article has a “satire” disclaimer at the end, although I certainly wouldn’t have guessed that. I couldn’t find any secondary references to this on reputable sites. 

I’m quite confident that he’s paid for abortions, it’d just be nice to have it proven somewhere reputable. 

i think you missed where it said that the trump paying for abortions info came via the dallas newspaper reporting. 

THE CALL WAS PERFECT       ➡️       READ THE TRANSCRIPTS       ➡️      NO QUID PRO QUO      ➡️     OF COURSE QUID PRO QUO BUT THE AID WASN'T CONTINGENT SOLELY ON THE BIDEN INVESTIGATION      ➡️      OKAY IT WAS CONTINGENT BUT THE AID WASN'T ACTUALLY WITHHELD      ➡️      OKAY THE AID WAS WITHHELD BUT THE UKRAINIANS WEREN'T EVEN AWARE IT WAS WITHHELD     ➡️       OKAY WHO TF EVEN CARES ABOUT UKRAINE?    ➡️     I STILL SAY THE CALL WAS PERFECT    

And that's the cycle repeating itself

17 hours ago, mrnyc said:

12 hours ago, Boomerang_Brian said:

20 minutes ago, mrnyc said:

i think you missed where it said that the trump paying for abortions info came via the dallas newspaper reporting. 

I did see that reference. It wasn’t a link so I Googled “Dallas Morning News Trump Abortion” and I didn’t get anything remotely resembling what was referenced.  Between that and the original article saying “(Satire)”, I’m reasonably confident it was satire. 

I would very much appreciate any article from a reputable news organization making a similar claim. 

17 hours ago, mrnyc said:

this one is hilarious.

the news says the president's position on abortion is 'evolving.'

yeah I'll say, given he was vehemently pro-choice.

and then when you think of all the abortions this hypocritical fraud paid for.

i.e.,

https://friedmanoftheplains.com/donald-trump-admits-to-paying-for-abortion-1c4ae9832770

but its as they say,

he could shoot someone on 5th avenue with some people -- and his russian loaners.

Good for him. 

Having said that - pretty sure no other President in the M4L history has quite the same experience with unwanted pregnancies as him

2 hours ago, KJP said:

Aww, you hate to see those complicit in a coverup being blindsided by the criminals they're trying to protect.  Thoughts and prayers.

I can't wait to hear the new narrative that Bolton is a Never Trumper.  

Edited by jonoh81

Collins and Romney both on the record publicly saying they're likely going to vote for witnesses. 

Hearing the same in re: Portman

Edited by YABO713

8 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

Collins and Romney both on the record publicly saying they're likely going to vote for witnesses. 

"likely" - still a weak statement. It gives them wiggle room. I'll believe Portman when I see it. 

4 minutes ago, freefourur said:

"likely" - still a weak statement. It gives them wiggle room. I'll believe Portman when I see it. 

Same... 

But 70% of GOP Senators won't release a statement at all

When we were still a functioning republic, Bolton's statements would be followed by a near unanimous call for him to testify.  

Edited by freefourur

19 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  I could see something from Collins like: "While the Bolton manuscript is disturbing and verifies the Democrats' entire case against Trump, the fact that Democrats didn't say please when asking for witnesses is equally, if not more, disturbing and is a major blow to their credibility."

Senator Barroso is saying that Bolton's revelations don't change anything. Bolton straight up claims that Trump did the thing that he is being impeached for. How does it not cahange anything?

5 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Senator Barroso is saying that Bolton's revelations don't change anything. Bolton straight up claims that Trump did the thing that he is being impeached for. How does it not cahange anything?

A WH spokesman is claiming the Bolton account is fake because the book's publisher hates Trump... despite being the same publisher of Trump's own books.  This is so sad, so pathetic, and yet in these times of idiocy will now be repeated by tens of millions of Trumpers.  

Tammy Baldwin, in summation: Ron Johnson was lied to by the President, built his defense on it, and still aint gonna do sh**

Apparently, the GOP is going to make a case for a "process argument" - that Bolton should have been subpoenaed in the House and it's not the Senate's duty to hear from him.

Very Stable Genius

26 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Impartial juror:

Slander - don't use words you don't understand