gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

Reminder...

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

7 minutes ago, freefourur said:

image.png.6faaf0331ed971bee1ae6be3b2e68812.png

Pelosi spokesperson statement. 

Endangering elected officials to own the libs.

Edited by DarkandStormy

Very Stable Genius

For anyone interested in childish p!ssing matches.....

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

On a more serious matter. This is potentially murderous....

Can we 25th Amendment this POS, ASAP??

2 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I prefer Article 2, Section 4. 

Takes a long time, though. Individual #1's actions in the last few days suggest he's mentally going down the drain with greater speed and peril.

Buried in all of this is the fact that lobbyists who needed a merger approved by the White House spent 9 nights at the Trump International Hotel prior to the meeting. E-MOL-U-MENTS

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KJP said:

Takes a long time, though. Individual #1's actions in the last few days suggest he's mentally going down the drain with greater speed and peril.

25th Amendment is actually more challenging than impeachment. You need 2/3 of both chambers. 

1 minute ago, YABO713 said:

Buried in all of this is the fact that lobbyists who needed a merger approved by the White House spent 9 nights at the Trump International Hotel prior to the meeting. E-MOL-U-MENTS

But he signed a blind trust. Don't you remember that stack of papers?

• Like 1

Just now, freefourur said:

But he signed a blind trust. Don't you remember that stack of papers?

*Trump voice* "I put a blindfold on and signed everything over to one of my two sons.  I trust them.  Blind trust."

• Like 1

Very Stable Genius

2 minutes ago, freefourur said:

Trump's people are attacking Cohen and Buzzfeed this morning.  They have not denied the actual charge though.  

I’m guessing instead they were “insulted at the very question.”

So here's a genuine question about that frequently cited stat: Is approval rating less relevant than it used to be?  We're a more divided country, and likely to remain so for at least a generation.  Too many bedrock consensuses have been upended in the last decade, and it's more likely that more will be targeted for destruction than restoration.  Trump had terrible negatives all through the 2016 presidential campaign, too.  He has, AFAIK, never broken 50% approval.  He didn't even have it when he was elected.

We simply may be in an era of minority-faction rule.  The two political parties have internal partisan strife that is all but completely open now.  That means that any president of either party is likely to face disapproval from both the unified opposition of the opposing party and the dissenting minority from within that president's own party.

Let's put it this way.  I strongly disapprove of a great deal that Trump has done, and I didn't vote for him in 2016.  But I will not rule out voting for him in 2020, not with the sheer power of the presidency at stake (including the appointments power for both the judiciary and executive agencies, which are vastly more powerful now than ever--Trump has made almost no efforts to rein them in structurally) and a likely much harder leftist than Hillary on the ballot for the Democrats in 2020.  If there are enough conservatives like me out there, I see at least a fair possibility of Trump (or another Republican, if Trump is pressured into not running again) winning in 2020 despite overall net negative ratings.  I could see the same thing happening on the other side of the aisle if the Democrats nominate a centrist when the base is clamoring for a Sanders-Warren type.

Politics presents voters with specific choices at the ballot box, not votes of confidence or no-confidence.

So here's my question: do things really start rolling once Mueller's Report is out? And if this is just the stuff leaking out, I can't imagine how bad the rest of this report is going to be for old Donnie and his minions. 

There had to have been some Republicans with knowledge, or at least inklings, of Trump's transgressions and they had to have known he'd be a liability to the party. So what was the play? In an era where more people are turning away from the Republican Party: drum up a populist candidate who's ultimately flawed and expendable just so you can plant a few Supreme Court seats (one that was supposed to be Obama's, one from retirement, and RBG's seat which the R's are probably hoping for within the four years)? 

Jesus, I hope this all takes out McConnell and several others. So glad I left the Republican Party in 2008. 

1 hour ago, KJP said:

Reminder...

Very similar charge in the Clinton impeachment trial.  Both of Ohio's Republican Senators, Voinovich and DeWine, voted "guilty" -- in favor of removal.  Senator Portman says -- ?

Edited by Foraker

59 minutes ago, Gramarye said:

Let's put it this way.  I strongly disapprove of a great deal that Trump has done, and I didn't vote for him in 2016.  But I will not rule out voting for him in 2020, not with the sheer power of the presidency at stake (including the appointments power for both the judiciary and executive agencies, which are vastly more powerful now than ever--Trump has made almost no efforts to rein them in structurally) and a likely much harder leftist than Hillary on the ballot for the Democrats in 2020.  

"Leaving open the possibility of voting for an un-indicted co-conspirator in multiple felonies (and now directly implicated in obstruction of justice) because providing healthcare coverage for everyone is bad" is quite the take.  It almost sounds like party over country.

• Like 1

Very Stable Genius

In today's Hall of Aged Terribly:

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, eastvillagedon said:

in other words, there's no there there. You just said it yourself! "If proof of collusion existed there would be indictments already - Fact." (too easy) Come back when you have real facts to report. But since you seem to have made a successful cottage industry from peddling rumors and innuendo, carry on. I hope you're at least able to monetize your efforts (like the New York Times!)

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, Ram23 said:

The Russia nonsense is firmly in conspiracy theory territory at this point, and it's one of furthest "out there" theories of them all. It has all the telltale signs, and the last few posts about it really capture this. As someone who enjoys a good conspiracy from time to time, I make sure to always approach them critically.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, Ram23 said:
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, eastvillagedon said:

^^at the same time you might want to take some time and post advice to the unhinged snowflakes (and their media cohorts who relentlessly print fake news as fact) running around acting like impeachable offenses and constitutional crimes have actually taken place in an obvious attempt to delegitimize the results of a free and fair election.

• Like 1

Very Stable Genius

^ Note that nearly two years have passed since my comment there and we still have a president Trump. We're almost a full month into 2019 and we still have folks unironically declaring that "If any of this (the Russia nonsense du jour) is substantiated, this is the big one and will be the thing that starts wrapping up his Presidency." We've had years of folks like you making mountains out of molehills and digging nonstop for connections that simply don't exist. I still imagine that anyone who believes there's a grand conspiracy that will lead to Trump's impeachment lives in a place resembling Russel Crowe's garage in "A Beautiful Mind."

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, Ram23 said:

Giuliani: This Case Isn't Going To Fizzle, It's Going To Blow Up On Mueller

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/08/giuliani_mueller_investigation_much_worse_than_the_no-crime.html

Giuliani said the "real story" is that the case isn't going to fizzle, "it's going to blow up on them," referring to the Mueller team.

"The reality is, the real story is not that this case isn’t going to fizzle," he said to host Sean Hannity. "It's going to blow up on them. The real question is, what we talked about before, there's a lot more to what they did that nobody knows about yet."

"A lot more to the obstruction of justice, to the collusion, to the fake dossier," Giuliani added.

"I know some of it," Hannity revealed.

Giuliani said the only collusion involved in this case is the intel community using the Steele dossier to obtain "several fraudulent FISA wires." 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Ram23 said:

At some point this circus will come to an end, Trump will be cleared of wrongdoing, and Mueller will have his last chance to save face by coming clean about everything that led to the formation of this witchhunt. This will be by months end, if Rudy gets his way. I know I'll "stay tuned:"

Note the date on that one.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Ram23 said:

Why would anyone take Mueller seriously at this point?

Very Stable Genius

2 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

^ Note that nearly two years have passed since my comment there and we still have a president Trump. We're almost a full month into 2019 and we still have folks unironically declaring that "If any of this (the Russia nonsense du jour) is substantiated, this is the big one and will be the thing that starts wrapping up his Presidency." We've had years of folks like you making mountains out of molehills and digging nonstop for connections that simply don't exist. I still imagine that anyone who believes there's a grand conspiracy that will lead to Trump's impeachment lives in a place resembling Russel Crowe's garage in "A Beautiful Mind."

Oh, I have very little doubt that Trump will not be impeached because Republicans have sold their souls to Trump and have abdicated their Congressional duties to serve Dear Leader.  Articles may be drawn up in the House but they are DOA in the Senate.

Very Stable Genius

9 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

These types of investigations take years.  But ignoring that, every day we hear about more and more criminal activity related to Trump and company, and you still come on here with this intellectual dishonesty about there not being anything to see.  How long are you going to deny the obvious?  Yes, Trump is still president, but I don't think most people seriously expected otherwise given the pace of how these things tend to play out.  Also, there is the fact that so much of this is unprecedented.  We've seen presidents impeached, we've seen presidential scandal.  We've never seen a president so thoroughly tainted by corruption and criminality also have so many glaring issues with his loyalty to the United States.  This is making the Nixon affair look pretty quaint.  And yet here you are, still violently shaking your head in a sad last gasp at pushing a failed narrative that Trump is a good man and president.  Save yourself from this foolishness, Ram.  Is this really who you want to be?  The morally bankrupt sycophant who has no loyalty to is own country because you think you owe Trump something?

Edited by jonoh81

5 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

Are you and others aware aware that complicated racketeering/conspiracy investigations (such as by the FBI into a Mafia family) typically take 2-10 years? While the presidential angle of this investigation is likely to be at the low end of timeframe because all the president's men are flipping like burgers, the investigation into the Russian Mafiya side is going to last a lot longer. BTW I'm not really posting this for you Ram because I know cultists will blow Individual #1 no matter what. But I thought others might find it interesting how long a racketeering/conspiracy case like might take.

18 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

20 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

that's only in its unfinished stage. If you go to picture #8 you see a steel fence connecting the columns (looks like the back / driveway area). What would be the point of putting the high columns in front if they're not going to be connected? 

So you are saying the wall is actually a fence?  So what is the argument here?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CincyIntheKnow said:

So you are saying the wall is actually a fence?  So what is the argument here?

:classic_unsure:    https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wall

Synonyms and Antonyms of wall

1a physical object that blocks the way

an ancient wall that was built to block the invading barbarians

Synonyms of wall

barricade, barrier, fence, hedge

3 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

:classic_unsure:    https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wall

Synonyms and Antonyms of wall

1a physical object that blocks the way

an ancient wall that was built to block the invading barbarians

Synonyms of wall