gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

No big deal - Trump is threatening the license for NBC today.  This is life now.

And still advocating/demanding forced patriotism from some guys who run around on a field for three hours a week.

Very Stable Genius

I've dedicated a sizable portion of my legal career and studies to issues re: Constitutional Law. I have never seen a President completely disregard notions of Constitutionality like Trump's tweet today. When GWB had mass surveillance, I was irate. When Obama continued it, I was irate. When SCOTUS deemed a penalty a tax, I was irate. But at least those instances had a rationale behind it that could serve as the basis of an argument.

Here, we have a sensitive, little man who is tired of his feelings being hurt. He is essentially attempted to institute a massive prior restraint. Mind you, our Founding Fathers were wanted for crimes against the Crown, among other reasons, for their "libelous and treasonous" publications.

Honestly, continue to call yourself a conservative if you follow him. Just know, you are not. You are directly OPPOSED to the principles for which Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, and John Jay risked their lives. I am so sick of this anti-intellectual buffoon.

How can you honestly continue to stand for freedom and support a president issuing statements about challenging the license of media networks that give you unfavorable coverage.  Not to mention that networks don't technically have licensed individual stations do.

How can you honestly continue to stand for freedom and support a president issuing statements about challenging the license of media networks that give you unfavorable coverage.  Not to mention that networks don't technically have licensed individual stations do.

BECAUSE HE GONE BUILD A WALL AND HILLARY SHUD B IN PRISON! IF U AINT ON THE TRUMP TRAIN GET LOST, CUCK. HE MAKES THE INSIGNIFICANT WHITE MAN FEEL SIGNIFICANT AGAIN.

Honestly, continue to call yourself a conservative if you follow him. Just know, you are not. You are directly OPPOSED to the principles for which Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, and John Jay risked their lives. I am so sick of this anti-intellectual buffoon.

Define "follow him."  "Follow" as in (a) prefer him to any Democratic challenger, (b) prefer him to any past or future Republican primary challenger, or © actively support everything he asks for and think it would be good for the country and the institution of the presidency if he got his way?

All technology starts out expensive and then becomes cheaper with greater development.  The same is and will be true of hybrid and electric cars.  Or do you still pay $1000 for a VCR?

Except apple products which actually increase in price YoY, because apple.

Define "follow him."  "Follow" as in (a) prefer him to any Democratic challenger, (b) prefer him to any past or future Republican primary challenger, or © actively support everything he asks for and think it would be good for the country and the institution of the presidency if he got his way?

I'd say you're a Trump follower if 5 of the following 9 criteria have ever applied to you:

1. You have used the phrase "fake news" in any serious context.

2. You believe Hillary Clinton should be in prison but not Jared Kushner.

3. You support a border wall along Mexican border because "that'll stop em"

4. You like the fact that he is not able to clearly elucidate any policy positions because he "is a normal guy"

5. You are fine with him ignoring the Emoluments provision / not releasing his tax returns.

6. You believe the Legislative Branch's job is to follow his agenda.

7. You do not believe the Russia meddled in our election - directly or indirectly.

8. You believe Robert Mueller is attacking Trump with a biased investigation.

9. You support ad hominen attacks of our intelligence officials / Senators / Judges / Media figures on twitter.

22366733_1275406019238099_4717563195210215728_n.jpg?oh=31409a797330984593abc8f8b7946ed7&oe=5A7DE08C

Kid Rock wouldn't be anything at all without pandering to those with ignorant, southern, country fried values. He can thank trailer parks all across America for his success, while he grew up in a 1.3 Million dollar mansion in Michigan.

Meanwhile, while we debate 19th century technology, Trump is calling for review of a major network's license.  It's time for Congress to act!

The best (worst?) part of him wanting to go after NBC's license (and perhaps CNN by equating them) is that RT (Russia Today) is a Russian-sponsored news site that operates in this country.  https://www.rt.com/

Very Stable Genius

Meanwhile, while we debate 19th century technology, Trump is calling for review of a major network's license.  It's time for Congress to act!

More interesting than the tweet you referenced is the sheer volume of his tweets.  I am not on twitter and don't pay much attention to it but looking at his feed, he's posting all the time, several times a day.  Wow.

More interesting than the tweet you referenced is the sheer volume of his tweets.  I am not on twitter and don't pay much attention to it but looking at his feed, he's posting all the time, several times a day.  Wow.

"No one's going to work more than me."

"I won't leave the White House on the weekends because there's so much work to do."

"I won't take vacations but I'll just be working."

Very Stable Genius

^ Sometimes on some other sites when I mention how much Trump lies I get the Trumpie that asks me to give specific lies.  I usually list tons of them never included those.  But I always follow up with asking them to list 10 true unambiguous things that Trump has said.  The usually shuts them down.

Today, President Trump continued his feud with Tennessee’s Senator Corker - one of the most powerful Republicans in the Senate - by calling him “liddle.”

One of the most frequent responses I hear about President Trump is that he just needs to be “given a chance.” Well...

Trump won the presidential election via the Electoral College despite the majority of Americans not voting for him, he inherited a Republican-controlled (and very conservative) House and Senate, immediately got to appoint a Justice to an already-conservative Supreme Court, and had a sizable and frequent-voting group of Americans backing him.

He has, quite literally, been afforded every single “chance” that the US Constitution provides for. He’s just really, really, really not good at this.

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Literally none of those reasons would rationally justify supporting Trump.  Not anymore and probably never. 

Trump tweeted 66 times about four lives lost at Benghazi.

But not once on the four soldiers killed in Niger. https://t.co/opVZogYmpC

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

VANITY FAIR—"Advisers worry Trump’s behavior will cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office"

The possibility of removing POTUS via the 25th Amendment is now being discussed IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Edit: here's the article....

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

VANITY FAIR—"Advisers worry Trump’s behavior will cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office"

The possibility of removing POTUS via the 25th Amendment is now being discussed IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

It's getting to the point where I worry an actual attempt to remove Trump from office will result in Trump doing something drastic.  If he's going down, he's going to take everyone with him kind of thing. 

Trump, just now: "It is frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write.”

Uh, yeah, it's called the First Amendment.

BTW, Trump also just claimed stock market gains actually offset national debt. Actually, they don't.  https://t.co/ul2eKQQHVJ

I'm not sure how many more "unfit" examples are needed b4 the GOP pulls the plug on this goofball. I think i had a better economic understanding in 7th grade of the country than he does.  Pathetic.

On a positive note it sounds like Sasse is the latest Senator that has negative thoughts about the current dude in the white house

Eminem on Trump

I remember 15-20 years ago, when Eminem was last relevant, he was always risque, politically incorrect, and challenged the status quo. Now that he's a washed up middle aged white guy it appears he's finally sold out. This is sad to see but not all that surprising - now if Blink 182 ever comes out with some anti-Trump propaganda music for their liberal overlords like Eminem just did, I will truly be crushed.

Even Rush is questioning Trump. I don't agree his motives are "pure", but Rush makes some good points. ( I can't believe I agree with Rush Limbaugh)

Limbaugh: Trump's comments on NFL 'starting to make me nervous'

"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from," Limbaugh said on his show. Trump is continually tweeting — I know what he’s doing, and I understand why he’s doing it, and his motives are pure; don’t misunderstand. But I don’t think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must," he continued.

"We don’t want the president being able to demand anybody that he’s unhappy with behave in a way he requires," Limbaugh added.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/354985-limbaugh-trumps-comments-on-nfl-starting-to-make-me-nervous

Eminem on Trump

I remember 15-20 years ago, when Eminem was last relevant, he was always risque, politically incorrect, and challenged the status quo. Now that he's a washed up middle aged white guy it appears he's finally sold out. This is sad to see but not all that surprising - now if Blink 182 ever comes out with some anti-Trump propaganda music for their liberal overlords like Eminem just did, I will truly be crushed.

I think the fact you're so upset proves he's risque and relevant and politically incorrect. You seem to be in the group he called out and flicked off if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty ballsy of him when many artists would never risk alienating their fans. And if there's any artist who doesn't listen to "overlords," it's Eminem, who has been detached from Hollywood for a long time and does his own thing. So that criticism is laughable. If he didn't want to do this, he would have stayed home.

You just have this whole set of rules that you only apply in one direction but not in the other. Anything that upsets other people is "risque" while anything that upsets you couldn't possibly be.

Eminem on Trump

Not in music, but hate to break it to ya, but...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/blink-182-discuss-punk-writing-music-age-donald-trump-2099758

and...

Blink-182 bassist Mark Hoppus, who called Trump's travel ban "disgraceful." "For me, this is uncharted territory," says Hoppus. "But we're kind of in a time of crisis. I don't know how to use my voice yet – but it feels good to do it."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/as-trump-era-begins-musicians-begin-new-wave-of-protests-w465790

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

FEMA assisted post-Katrina recovery for over TEN YEARS.

Why expect POTUS to know anything about the govt he heads?

https://t.co/RXJ8bqhK5P

Eminem on Trump

I remember 15-20 years ago, when Eminem was last relevant, he was always risque, politically incorrect, and challenged the status quo.

How is calling out the sitting POTUS not challenging the status quo?  Isn't that literally the existing state of affairs?

Very Stable Genius

Because we are all ruled by liberal progressive California elite overlords and there are no conservative Republicans in any position of power anywhere in the world besides Donald J Trump.

Not in music, but hate to break it to ya, but...

This is a perfect example of what I'm getting at. Everyone has different political opinions, but most people can separate their work from their personal views. I'm not the type to boycott anyone or anything because of their political views, but I'm the type that is not interested in politically heavy content. I feel the same way about NFL protests - I could care less what the players' political opinions are. They get paid to move a football up and down a field for my enjoyment - if they want to inject their political opinions into the mix, the enjoyment factor goes down.

How is calling out the sitting POTUS not challenging the status quo?  Isn't that literally the existing state of affairs?

Because dissing the president is the new normal, it's expected, especially in Hollywood and especially at a place like the BET awards. People aren't shocked and appalled at what he did, they're blasé. The new counter culture, the new "punk," is showing support for the president. It's risqué, it's shocking, it riles people up - it's basically avant-garde at this point. Trump is in the White House sticking it to the man and it's thrown any semblance of left wing counter culture into complete disarray.

The writer destroys Republicans and Democrats alike, and rightly so....

Faster, Steve Bannon. Kill! Kill!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/faster-steve-bannon-kill-kill/2017/10/11/77bdf5c2-aea7-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html

LOL When Bannon mentioned the 25th amendment Trump said "What's that??"

“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president that seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

This is a perfect example of what I'm getting at. Everyone has different political opinions, but most people can separate their work from their personal views.

Everyone but the 45th President of the United States.