gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

^The twitter user @TEN_GOP tweeted a picture of the Cavs parade and claimed it was outside of the rally in PHX. It was retweeted WIDELY until the Reagan Battalion shamed them into deleting it.

There were also lots of photos flying around on Twitter of Trump speaking to an arena audience when last night's event was in a hall of the Phoenix convention center, not an arena.   

Trump tweets claiming 15k at the rally last night.

PHX fire marshall confirms that the venue holds 5k.

This isn't shocking.  Nothing is too low for Trump to lie about.

Very Stable Genius

^it was also mentioned on a broadcast that there were only using half of the hall. It still looked about half empty.  So maybe 1500-2000 people showed up. Some paid actors as well.

"Well, what do you say to that?" Don Lemon responds to Trump's speech, calling it a "total eclipse of the facts" https://t.co/fubv1EBBQj

I just watched some excerpts of Don Lemon's breakdown and it's one of the more insane and amusing rants I've seen in awhile. I honestly don't know how these people are going to keep acting like this for 3.5 or even 7.5 more years. I also don't know how TV channels like CNN still continue to consider themselves "news." Granted, I don't have cable and haven't for years so the only news I get on TV comes via PBS and still resembles actual news reports throughout - does CNN ever actually break away from these talking heads and have just a normal, well anchored news broadcast? Even talk radio does this - WLW has mostly talking heads bantering all day, but every 10 minutes they cut away for a 60 second download of actual news. It's very informing. I find it pretty sad that TV channels like CNN don't actually summarize the news stories of the day, they mostly just whine about Trump.

Also, on a related note, Trump is either entering the realm of the prophetic or CNN is simply becoming too formulaic with their hate filled, divisive TV show scripts:

tp907e1w4ihz.jpg

Katie Couric‏Verified account @katiecouric  10h10 hours ago

This morning, after reading the totality of @realDonaldTrump 's speech in Phoenix, I am truly afraid for our country.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Trump supporters talking about Don Lemon's rant, but not saying a word about President Trump's rant last night is funny to me. Trump whined, complained and rambled on about the media for most of the speech. Misquoted himself multiple times. Called George Stephanopoulos "little George." He tweeted 15k came to see him, but the convention center only holds 5k. Last night was embarrassing. He's the President of the United States, but he acts like an immature, insecure child...

That settles it, Trump supporters' are nuts and their vision for America is a nightmare. They aren't going away. Yet they can't be bargained with or reasoned with politically. But since I also don't want another Civil War, a territorial separation should be considered.

Poll: Trump voters would choose Confederate leader who owned more than 70 black human beings over the country's 1st black president who stopped a recession, saved the auto industry, insured 22 million people, killed bin Laden & created 15 million jobs.

DH7NP4OXgAA6-UM.jpg

David Fahrenthold‏Verified account @Fahrenthold  11h11 hours ago

17 charities have now cancelled events at Mar-a-Lago. The latest (#15 below) cancelled its gala during @realdonaldtrump's speech last nite.

DH7CH6PXUAEIeT0.jpg

Kurt Eichenwald ‏Verified account

@kurteichenwald

I saw this research on "signs of a cult leader" and "signs of a cult." So, sit back and crack open a Cult45 and see if this sounds familiar.

DH88OwdVYAAeIjf.jpg

Daniel M Kammen‏ @dan_kammen  12h12 hours ago

Mr. President, I am resigning as Science Envoy.  Your response to Charlottesville enables racism, sexism, & harms our country and planet.

DH65XoxVoAAhJMb.jpg:large

Oh, you clever little Kammen.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Trump supporters talking about Don Lemon's rant, but not saying a word about President Trump's rant last night is funny to me. Trump whined, complained and rambled on about the media for most of the speech. Misquoted himself multiple times. Called George Stephanopoulos "little George." He tweeted 15k came to see him, but the convention center only holds 5k. Last night was embarrassing. He's the President of the United States, but he acts like an immature, insecure child...

Also Trump supporters conveniently ignore the fact that more and more Republicans are turning on Trump -- ex-CIA director James Clapper, yesterday, branded Trump 'unfit to lead' and Clapper is no flaming liberal by any means... Right wingers continue to parrot Heritage Foundation talking points that it's the liberal, elite media and left-wing militants backed by George Soros (thus feeding into to the latent anti-Semitism of the far right, given that Soros is Jewish).  These hatemongers and their mindless sycophants are nauseating.

Oh, you clever little Kammen.

I assume you're referring to his spelling I-M-P-E-A-C-H with the first letter in each paragraph?

A former colleague wrote this little gem....

Dear Friends: As you know, I underwent a political conversion Monday when President Trump took his bold stance against not wearing pussy liberal safety glasses when watching the eclipse.

I'm ready to embrace our President, but I need to get up to speed on his accomplishments thus far because the fake news doesn't cover it.

Help me out, please list below for me our President's legislative and policy successes since being elected.

National Parks quit selling plastic water bottles to cut down on pollution - Trump has sided with lobbyists to bring the litter back.

Trump reversed a plastic water bottle ban in national parks https://t.co/BCMFMyUmtW

I just watched some excerpts of Don Lemon's breakdown and it's one of the more insane and amusing rants I've seen in awhile. I honestly don't know how these people are going to keep acting like this for 3.5 or even 7.5 more years. I also don't know how TV channels like CNN still continue to consider themselves "news." Granted, I don't have cable and haven't for years so the only news I get on TV comes via PBS and still resembles actual news reports throughout - does CNN ever actually break away from these talking heads and have just a normal, well anchored news broadcast? Even talk radio does this - WLW has mostly talking heads bantering all day, but every 10 minutes they cut away for a 60 second download of actual news. It's very informing. I find it pretty sad that TV channels like CNN don't actually summarize the news stories of the day, they mostly just whine about Trump.

You are simply parroting Trump - "I don't watch television news, but here, let me launch into a tirade about their programming."  If you don't watch it, how can you critique their formatting?

Also, replace "Trump" with "Obama" and "CNN" with "Fox News" and you have 2008-2016.

Very Stable Genius

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-government-shutdown-threat-draws-180634652.html

Donald Trump's fellow Republicans rebuked the president on Wednesday after his threat to shut down the U.S. government over funding for a border wall rattled markets and cast a shadow over congressional efforts to raise the country's debt ceiling and pass spending bills.

Trump made building a border wall to deter illegal immigration a central part of his 2016 election campaign but the issue of funding it has not gained traction as lawmakers, including many Republicans, question whether it is necessary.

The article notes Congress returns September 5th and they will have 12 days to get spending measures passed to avoid a shutdown.

Support seems to be lukewarm for the border wall funding, which then-candidate Trump assured would be paid for by Mexico.  It'll be interesting to watch if this is the moment he digs his heels in to get something done.

Very Stable Genius

You are simply parroting Trump - "I don't watch television news, but here, let me launch into a tirade about their programming."  If you don't watch it, how can you critique their formatting?

Also, replace "Trump" with "Obama" and "CNN" with "Fox News" and you have 2008-2016.

^That sounds like a fun game!!

I just watched some excerpts of Don Lemon's breakdown and it's one of the more insane and amusing rants I've seen in awhile. I honestly don't know how these people are going to keep acting like this for 3.5 or even 7.5 more years. I also don't know how TV channels like FOX still continue to consider themselves "news." Granted, I don't have cable and haven't for years so the only news I get on TV comes via PBS and still resembles actual news reports throughout - does FOX ever actually break away from these talking heads and have just a normal, well anchored news broadcast? Even talk radio does this - WLW has mostly talking heads bantering all day, but every 10 minutes they cut away for a 60 second download of actual news. It's very informing. I find it pretty sad that TV channels like FOX don't actually summarize the news stories of the day, they mostly just whine about OBAMA.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

"FOX don't actually summarize the news stories of the day, they mostly just whine about OBAMA"

And the alphabet networks don't whine about President TRUMP all the time. Cry baby liberals.

"FOX don't actually summarize the news stories of the day, they mostly just whine about OBAMA"

And the alphabet networks don't whine about President TRUMP all the time. Cry baby liberals.

And TRUMP and his supporters whine about the "alphabet networks" all the time.  Cry baby POTUS and his cry baby supporters

It's nice to see that there are at least a few people in the legacy media community that still prefer to report the news, rather than comment on it:

Wall Street Journal Editor Admonishes Reporters Over Trump Coverage

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/business/media/wall-street-journal-editor-admonishes-reporters-over-trump-coverage.html

“Sorry. This is commentary dressed up as news reporting,” Mr. Baker wrote at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday morning to a group of Journal reporters and editors, in response to a draft of the rally article that was intended for the newspaper’s final edition.

He added in a follow-up, “Could we please just stick to reporting what he said rather than packaging it in exegesis and selective criticism?”

Contacted about the emails on Wednesday, a Wall Street Journal spokeswoman wrote in a statement: “The Wall Street Journal has a clear separation between news and opinion. As always, the key priority is to focus reporting on facts and avoid opinion seeping into news coverage.”

^From the article:

The Wall Street Journal is owned by the media magnate Rupert Murdoch, who speaks regularly with Mr. Trump and recently dined with the president at the White House.

Very Stable Genius

Oh, I missed some more Presidenting-by-tweets this morning:

@realdonaldtrump:

I requested that Mitch M & Paul R tie the Debt Ceiling legislation into the popular V.A. Bill (which just passed) for easy approval. They......didn't do it so now we have a big deal with Dems holding them up (as usual) on Debt Ceiling approval. Could have been so easy-now a mess!

James Clapper, who famously got caught lying to Congress, is now an authority on Donald Trump. Will he show you his beautiful letter to me?

The only problem I have with Mitch McConnell is that, after hearing Repeal & Replace for 7 years, he failed!That should NEVER have happened!

Reports are he and McConnell haven't spoken in weeks and Trump now appears to be on the attack with Paul Ryan.  Not sure how long he can continue attacking leaders of his own party.  I mean, imagine if Republicans didn't control both houses of Congress.

Very Stable Genius

^Why does the GOP need help from the Dems to pass a raise in the debt ceiling?  That can be done through simple majority, right?

Need 60 to raise.... But that shouldn't be a problem for the "best deal-maker in history"

@realDonaldTrump

Congress is back.TIME TO CUT, CAP AND BALANCE.There is no revenue problem.The Debt Limit cannot be raised until Obama spending is contained.

7:38 AM - 6 Jul 2011

Very Stable Genius

Why not raise the debt ceiling through budget reconciliation?

Seems like the tax reform they want to pass to give massive tax breaks to the wealthy will inevitably raise the deficit.  Simple math.  When you raise the deficit, you increase the amount the debt is raised each fiscal year.  Raising the debt ceiling would seem to be a necessary first step. 

I'd LOVE to see Obama on a full-blown tirade about Fox News.  Do you have a link to that?