gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

ACLU National‏Verified account @ACLU  5m5 minutes ago

More

With his pardon of Arpaio, President Trump has chosen lawlessness over justice, division over unity, hurt over healing.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Racists supporting racists

Racists supporting racists

Misdemeanor, nor even a felony.

1) 95% of arrest warrants in Los Angeles are for illegal immigrants.

2) 75% of most wanted in LA, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal immigrants.

3) 53% of burglaries in CA, NV, AZ, NM and TX are by illegals.

4) 25% of CA prisoners are Mexican nationals (legal or illegal).

Article also notes that Clinton, Obama and Biden all voted for a wall in Yuma, Arizona in 2007 that reduced illegal border crossings by 70%.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-...le/2632500

He pardoned a man convicted of contempt for racial profiling.

Illegal Danish Grandmothers watch out for them in Arizona.

Trump's political abuse of pardon power reminds me of the saying of Óscar Benavides: "For my friends, anything. For my enemies, the law." https://t.co/RfvURxy0H5

Arpaio was convicted of defying court order to stop violating #4thAmendment. It's a pardon of a govt official who ignored Bill of Rights.

^So you are cool with racial profiling of Latinos?

They are illegals from C. America, who are you supposed to profile?

Arpaio was convicted of defying court order to stop violating #4thAmendment. It's a pardon of a govt official who ignored Bill of Rights.

And a misdemeanor. Clinton and Obama pardoned terrorists.

^So, every brown person who looks Latino should be stopped and questioned? That's essentially what Sheriff Joe was doing. A lot of legal Americans were stopped, held, questioned just because they looked Latino.

^So, every brown person who looks Latino should be stopped and questioned? That's essentially what Sheriff Joe was doing. A lot of legal Americans were stopped, held, questioned just because they looked Latino.

That is racist. Spanish speakers are more than English, more diverse, more ethnic groups. When you have 15 Million people illegally in the USA, mainly from C. America some profiling is smart.

If you're not disgusted enough: read this on how Arpaio's office botched 400 sex-crime cases, many involving kids  https://t.co/w03j8ab6XF

If you're not disgusted enough: read this on how Arpaio's office botched 400 sex-crime cases, many involving kids  https://t.co/w03j8ab6XF

Yep mostly illegals from C. America raping.

A total of 32 convicted sexual predators said to be living on Long Island without documentation were arrested by enforcement and removal officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement during a 10-day sting called “Operation Sex Offender Alien Removal,” or “SOAR,” which ended last Thursday, August 3.

http://www.27east.com/news/article.cfm/General-Interest-Southampton/529325/ICE-Agents-Target-Sex-Offenders-On-Long-Island-Including-Hampton-Bays-And-East-Hampton

Can you provide the source for this data?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-is-right-on-the-border-wall-and-the-numbers-back-him-up/article/2632500

10 years ago 98% of murder warrants in LA County were for illegal aliens. Probably the same now.

Yep mostly illegals from C. America raping.

A total of 32 convicted sexual predators said to be living on Long Island without documentation were arrested by enforcement and removal officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement during a 10-day sting called “Operation Sex Offender Alien Removal,” or “SOAR,” which ended last Thursday, August 3.

http://www.27east.com/news/article.cfm/General-Interest-Southampton/529325/ICE-Agents-Target-Sex-Offenders-On-Long-Island-Including-Hampton-Bays-And-East-Hampton

i don't think ice is going to be rounding up non-illegals.

not yet anyway.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-is-right-on-the-border-wall-and-the-numbers-back-him-up/article/2632500

10 years ago 98% of murder warrants in LA County were for illegal aliens. Probably the same now.

At least some of those claims have been disproven. Washington Examiner is garbage.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

WaPo,

The Americas

Trump wants to deport MS-13 gang members. El Salvador is dreading their return.

SAN SALVADOR — The Trump administration’s push to deport more Central American gang membershas alarmed officials here who fear that the returning gangsters could exacerbate violence in one of the deadliest countries in the hemisphere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/trump-wants-to-deport-ms-13-gang-members-el-salvador-is-dreading-their-return/2017/05/24/1e0ec5ae-39bf-11e7-a59b-26e0451a96fd_story.html

From May,

They are having emergency government meetings there.

If you live in Cincy area yeah they are nice in Price Hill or Covington. Not the case elsewhere in the USA.

Wow–this thread about Arpaio by his home state newspaper

DIIMsqkUAAIlljp.jpg

Sadly it happens in that state in more areas than Sheriff Joe's jurisdiction.  I have a friend who gets pulled over frequently in the Phoenix area.  His wife, whom he just laid down $70k for an Escalade, gets pulled over once a week--just for being a Latino in an expensive ride.

That is racist. Spanish speakers are more than English, more diverse, more ethnic groups. When you have 15 Million people illegally in the USA, mainly from C. America some profiling is smart.

I would venture that most white Americans think "Latino" means brown people.  Most Spanish-speaking people are also not white or at least of mixed-race.  Mexicans certainly are, and we all know that's who most people are talking about when they refer to people being "illegals". 

Look at  you, advocating violating the Constitution to serve some racist agenda- and it IS absolutely racist.  Deplorable.

^^Also it is mestizo indian, which are not that dissimilar from Indian tribes in the US. I think MGM is confusing things like a lot of right wingers do to make a very complex subject easy to chew on in their simplest form. This is why people say a little knowledge is dangerous. So all brown people near the border are bad. They are all MS 13 or whatever the gang is.  That is like saying all the fighters in Syria are either with Assad or are AlQueda. Btw, that is pretty much the Russian opinion.  So one would be embracing a Russian viewpoint as well.

I don't have a problem in building a wall or fence in some commonly used crossings, especially in urban areas.

^^Also it is mestizo indian, which are not that dissimilar from Indian tribes in the US. I think MGM is confusing things like a lot of right wingers do to make a very complex subject easy to chew on in their simplest form. This is why people say a little knowledge is dangerous. So all brown people near the border are bad. They are all MS 13 or whatever the gang is.  That is like saying all the fighters in Syria are either with Assad or are AlQueda. Btw, that is pretty much the Russian opinion.  So one would be embracing a Russian viewpoint as well.

I don't have a problem in building a wall or fence in some commonly used crossings, especially in urban areas.

He's not just talking about "illegals" or actual gang members.  He quite literally stated that "virtually all" and the "vast majority" of violent crime in states like California and Arizona is caused by people of Latin origin regardless of status.  Ignoring that it's just a ridiculous and false statement to make, it's deeply rooted in racist ideology and totally disgusting.

I'm all for considering racial and demographic data in assessing crime patterns. I think it is terribly dishonest for progressive people to demand scientific accountability for one issue, but ignore another because it's a sensitive topic. BUT if you want to be rational, you have to play by the rules. Ethnicity is but one data type. Crime follows drugs and poverty. The Mexican border has lots of both:

NDBjNGY1OWYzZCMvS1BFSWJkSW1vaFlNaHBjcHhNdzdjNlltQ2NRPS84eDU2Ojg4NXg2MDkvMTYwMHg5MDAvZmlsdGVyczpmb3JtYXQoanBlZyk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCkvaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMvMzEzODc4YTcyY2NiMTc3NjllNWJhZGY4MWFhMzQzOGYyNzMwMzY1N2M1YTg4ODk4YWM3NjkwZTM1NDJiY2YzMi5qcGc.jpg

map_poverty.gif

With huge patterns like this, it's not rational to isolate ethnicity as the most important factor in crime. You have to account for other variables before you can do that. Namely, America has a totally broken drug policy and an ever-increasing income inequality index. If we had an evenly distributed low GINI and a decriminalized drug policy, and we still saw lots of spontaneous violence from specific ethnic groups, then it would be rational to focus on that. But it's not right now, and quite frankly it probably never has been in America.

I'm all for considering racial and demographic data in assessing crime patterns. I think it is terribly dishonest for progressive people to demand scientific accountability for one issue, but ignore another because it's a sensitive topic. BUT if you want to be rational, you have to play by the rules. Ethnicity is but one data type. Crime follows drugs and poverty. The Mexican border has lots of both:

NDBjNGY1OWYzZCMvS1BFSWJkSW1vaFlNaHBjcHhNdzdjNlltQ2NRPS84eDU2Ojg4NXg2MDkvMTYwMHg5MDAvZmlsdGVyczpmb3JtYXQoanBlZyk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCkvaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMvMzEzODc4YTcyY2NiMTc3NjllNWJhZGY4MWFhMzQzOGYyNzMwMzY1N2M1YTg4ODk4YWM3NjkwZTM1NDJiY2YzMi5qcGc.jpg

map_poverty.gif

With huge patterns like this, it's not rational to isolate ethnicity as the most important factor in crime. You have to account for other variables before you can do that. Namely, America has a totally broken drug policy and an ever-increasing income inequality index. If we had an evenly distributed low GINI and a decriminalized drug policy, and we still saw lots of spontaneous violence from specific ethnic groups, then it would be rational to focus on that. But it's not right now, and quite frankly it probably never has been in America.

Trump's America on full display right here.

Explain then, in scientific terms and evidence, how ethnicity or skin color is a specific, contributing factor in crime rather than environmental conditions like education, poverty and discriminatory conditions such as racial bias in the justice system.  I can't wait for this.

map_poverty.gif

Trump's America on full display right here.

Explain then, in scientific terms and evidence, how ethnicity or skin color is a specific, contributing factor in crime rather than environmental conditions like education, poverty and discriminatory conditions such as racial bias in the justice system.  I can't wait for this.

Actually, your reaction is a perfect example of the irrational left. Absolutely nothing I said indicated that I have a predisposed belief to ethnicity being a prime predictor of criminality. I literally said I don't have this data to show you. So you'll have to keep waiting.

I'm saying I would, as a scientist, be open to the possibility if I felt that such a variable had been isolated and was valid. Because I pride myself on being open to all rational possibilities, and weighing data as it comes in. That's why I believe in man made climate change. It's also a big reason why I didn't vote for Trump.

The infighting in the comment sections of conservatives sites like National Review is unsettling. You can see the rift widening between "establishment" conservatives and Trump's army. When you get a chunk of the electorate that says "there's nothing Trump could do to lose my support," that's scary.

So you're saying you did nazi that coming?  A temperamental brand has taken over the white house. All must pledge allegiance to the brand or suffer the consequences of getting a tweet fired your way.

I would venture that most white Americans think "Latino" means brown people.  Most Spanish-speaking people are also not white or at least of mixed-race.  Mexicans certainly are, and we all know that's who most people are talking about when they refer to people being "illegals". 

Look at  you, advocating violating the Constitution to serve some racist agenda- and it IS absolutely racist.  Deplorable.

If anyone needs a primer on the difference between the terms Latino, Hispanic and the like there are about 2000 posts from MyTwoSense[/member] somewhere on Urban Ohio. :)

The infighting in the comment sections of conservatives sites like National Review is unsettling. You can see the rift widening between "establishment" conservatives and Trump's army. When you get a chunk of the electorate that says "there's nothing Trump could do to lose my support," that's scary.

I'd say terrifying. Some of the Trump-cult are threatening violence if he is impeached.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-tax-cuts-supposed-done-now-163218645.html

Trump’s tax cuts were supposed to be done by now

Tax reform / tax cuts were planned to be pushed through before the August recess.  Now, there's really no end in sight for one of Trump's biggest campaign promises.

Investors expect Congress to spend September negotiating spending bills that must go into effect by Oct. 1, along with an increase in the government’s borrowing authority. If those pass without high drama like a government shutdown or a threat to default on some U.S. debt payments, Congress could take up tax reform in October. It’s technically possible to pass a bill by the end of the year, though most forecasters think it won’t happen till 2018.

Very Stable Genius

If you want to see "racial bias", go to Mexico outside the tourist areas.  It's an extremely hierarchical society to begin with (on a par with India or Japan sometimes) and the people of pure or near-pure European descent (or who just look the part) are disproportionately represented in the upper rungs.

The irony with respect to this topic is that this makes them less likely to migrate here illegally. 

Several Trump Russia stories dropped today...

Felix Sater, Trump Associate, Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?mcubz=1

Top Trump Organization executive asked Putin aide for help on business deal

A top executive from Donald Trump’s real estate company emailed Vladi­mir Putin’s personal spokesman during the U.S. presidential campaign last year to ask for help advancing a stalled Trump Tower development project in Moscow, according to documents submitted to Congress Monday.

Michael Cohen, a Trump attorney and executive vice president for the Trump Organization, sent the email in January 2016 to Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin’s top press aide.

“Over the past few months I have been working with a company based in Russia regarding the development of a Trump Tower - Moscow project in Moscow City,” Cohen wrote Peskov, according to a person familiar with the email. “Without getting into lengthy specifics the communication between our two sides has stalled.”

“As this project is too important, I am hereby requesting your assistance. I respectfully request someone, preferably you, contact me so that I might discuss the specifics as well as arranging meetings with the appropriate individuals. I thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon,” Cohen wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-trump-organization-executive-reached-out-to-putin-aide-for-help-on-business-deal/2017/08/28/095aebac-8c16-11e7-84c0-02cc069f2c37_story.html?utm_term=.864cea81b95d

I would like to see Stephen Miller voted out of the white house this week.  It would be good if Seb Gorka's wife left DHS as well.

Its interesting that the prez has been hanging out at camp david this weekend. He really can't stand the white house.  Or maybe its that the white house can't stand him.

If the Congress is wondering about the prez ability to focus and lead plus his lowering poll numbers, i have to believe this is also on the Cabinet secretarys' minds. But also what is to be gained if the result is just Pence with his eyeballs up in scandal as well with even weirder views on policy and ability to pardon.  i think they will wait for Mueller.

I'd say terrifying. Some of the Trump-cult are threatening violence if he is impeached.

Yep. It will happen. Not sure how far some will take it, but they are now a significant political movement. Perhaps they will become a political party if Trump remains vocal (I suspect he will) or gain other charismatic, organizationally competent leaders.

If you want to see "racial bias", go to Mexico outside the tourist areas.  It's an extremely hierarchical society to begin with (on a par with India or Japan sometimes) and the people of pure or near-pure European descent (or who just look the part) are disproportionately represented in the upper rungs.

The irony with respect to this topic is that this makes them less likely to migrate here illegally. 

I have actually lived off and on in Mexico since 2004.  Mexico's middle class has actually been growing, but you're right that there is economic stratification.  However, I think it's based less on skin color rather than level of indigenous-ness.  This seems to be a long-lasting result of European conquest and the subsequent attempt to engage in cultural genocide of native peoples.  It's not that different than how indigenous people in the US were treated what with the Christian, native schools that attempted to erase all native culture.  Basically, native=bad.  It's just so much more heavily pronounced in Mexico for obvious reasons.  That said, how is the economic stratification by race any different in the US?  White people are overwhelmingly the upper class in the US, with black, Asian and Latino people occupying more of the middle and lower rungs. 

#OUCH

This is not normal. Gorka must've done something bad to get this degree of SECSER attention.

https://t.co/upzkXYnWak

#OUCH

This is not normal. Gorka must've done something bad to get this degree of SECSER attention.

He was by far the least qualified person in the White House- and that includes the purse designer.

I think he mainly rode Bannon's coattails and the wave of populism through the back door of the WH. Even in his firing, he's been unable to admit he was actually fired. Cannot even imagine how stubborn he was on policy issues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-trump-organization-executive-reached-out-to-putin-aide-for-help-on-business-deal/2017/08/28/095aebac-8c16-11e7-84c0-02cc069f2c37_story.html?utm_term=.15f4617c279a

Top Trump Organization executive asked Putin aide for help on business deal

As someone said last night, we've seen all of TWO emails from the Trump campaign, and they implicate him more than the thousands of leaked DNC/Podesta emails.  Telling?

Re: Harvey - Ted Cruz and other Texas House members are coming under fire after their refusal to back Sandy relief efforts in 2012.  http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/28/texas-hurricane-harvey-hypocrisy-cruz-242098?lo=ap_c1

Very Stable Genius

^ "Implicate him" in what, exactly? A developer, seeking to develop a project in Moscow, reached out to the government for support. It happens every day and is not even remotely newsworthy. Any user of this forum should be aware of that fact.

^ "Implicate him" in what, exactly? A developer, seeking to develop a project in Moscow, reached out to the government for support. It happens every day and is not even remotely newsworthy. Any user of this forum should be aware of that fact.

Agreed, most just aren't running for President at the time.

For those lacking reading comprehension:

Cohen’s email marks the most direct outreach documented by a top Trump aide to a similarly senior member of Putin’s government.

The note adds to the list of contacts between Trump associates and Russian officials that have been a focus of multiple congressional inquiries as well as an investigation led by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III exploring Russian interference in the 2016 election. U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that the Kremlin intervened to help elect Trump.

Cohen’s email to Peskov provides an example of a Trump business official directly seeking Kremlin assistance in advancing Trump’s business interests.

The revelation adds a new layer of context to Trump’s repeated insistence over the past year that he has no business ties to the country, suggesting that his avowed indifference toward making money in Russia was a function less of resolve than of circumstance.

In an interview linked to a conference about real estate investments in developing countries, Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. explains the Trump Organization’s relationship with Russian investors.

“In terms of high-end product influx into the US,” he says, “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets … We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

He says he will release tax returns that prove he had no business in the country — once the returns are out of audit. He goes on:

“I built an unbelievable company, tremendous cash, tremendous company with some of the great assets of the world. You’ve seen it. You were all very disappointed when you saw it actually but that’s okay. Far, far greater than anybody ever thought. I have a great company. I built an unbelievable company but if you look there you’ll see there’s nothing in Russia.” …

“No, I have nothing to do with Russia, John (ph). How many times do I have say that? Are you a smart man? I have nothing to with Russia, I have nothing to do with Russia.

More here - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/28/trumps-long-history-of-seeking-a-politically-inconvenient-business-deal-in-russia/?utm_term=.5d9c971cd51c

It's a complete tangled web of lies and deceit on Trump's part.

Very Stable Genius

#OUCH

A more mundane but likely explanation is that they knew that he wasn't going to go quietly (given the tone of his reported resignation letter) and they were worried that any further opportunity they gave him for access to the White House was a risk of him taking information with him to Breitbart or wherever he goes after this.  It's clear that the Breitbart wing of the Trump administration is crumbling rapidly, and Breitbart, with Bannon back at the helm after being forced out of the White House, is likely to turn his guns on the president to try to steer him back towards the nationalist agenda that Bannon championed.  Gorka is likely to be part of that in some way going forward and the people opposed to that agenda wouldn't want him to have any further opportunity (beyond what he's already had) to take ammunition for that cause out of the White House with him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/politics/north-korea-launch-unidentified-projectile/index.html

US President Donald Trump has warned that "all options are on the table" after North Korea launched a missile over Japan early Tuesday.

A couple weeks ago, Trump was praising Kim Jong Un for showing restraint.  Now, we're back to "all options on the table."

Very Stable Genius

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account

@kylegriffin1

.@JoeNBC on Trump Tower Moscow reports: "Donald Trump never thought he was going to win. This was all a money-making scam."