gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

There will not be a wall.

What makes you so sure?

Gingrich has already said it's not happening.  Plus congress needs to approve the budget for it.  It is not happening.

This is his main campaign promise and Congress will be eating out of his hand. Once again he is the one that led them to the promised land and the leader of the party. He will get whatever he wants. The Republican old guard will only be able to do stuff he doesn't really care about or get feedback on. He will hear all the nutjobs demanding the wall.

www.cincinnatiideas.com

It's not going to be that long before Mexico is a first-world country anyway. The motivation to come over here is waning. Trump and his policy people already know this.

I'm not so sure about that.  They still have a very hierarchical culture and a supremely corrupt and officious government.

India's much more technologically adept and well educated, but they are still third world for those exact reasons.

There's a lot of things he said he was going to build or built that he didn't. Like that Wrestlemania in Atlantic City that they said took place in one of his buildings but actually took place in a publicly-owned civic center.

It's time for this election thread to wind down and start a "Trump Presidency" thread...

agreed. By the way, the Obama Presidency thread was started more than two weeks before he was even elected  :wtf:, Oct. 15, 2008!! I'd say the Trump Pres. thread is behind schedule--

The Obama Presidency

« on: October 15, 2008, 01:35:44 PM »

Read more: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,17531.0.html#ixzz4Pob1Q5UH

You want to start it?  Start it.  Any forumer can start a thread.  It is not something the mods or admins have to do.  You and Ram23 can race for the honor.

While I can't say that I'm happy Trump was elected as I was not a supporter, I can say that I'm uber ecstatic that the scumbag Clinton's won't be allowed back in the WH.  The last thing we needed was Bill hanging out in his PJ's like Hue Hefner chasing interns around the WH in between his $500K speaking engagements.  While Hillary and her cronies worked to bring more of the private sector under government control allowing for even more and deeper corruption.

Now that Trump will be the next president, here's my wish list to get working on:

1. Slow the gravy train from a geyser to a trickle, incentivize people to contribute to society.

2. Cut taxes for everyone, allowing for economic expansion and jobs for anyone who "wants to" work, especially those who are taken off the government gravy train.  Simply grow the economy.

3. Align with any & all against radical Islam and those that support them.  Going down the same path we were on would've lead to all out war in the region within 5 years.

4. Get illegal immigration under at least moderate control, physical wall not that big a deal for me.

5. Balance fiscal budgets and begin paying off the $20,000,000,000,000 Chinese credit card.

6. Convert Obamacare into Commonsensecare, basically slice off the stupid parts of it that are causing rates to skyrocket for everyone, especially for small business owners.

7. Rebuild the military with new weaponry and a bigger active duty force to the point where the US military acts as a deterrent, preventing wars from ever beginning.

8. Create more safeguards to prevent special interests and corrupt politicians from controlling the country.

9. Review of treaties & alliances, separate our true friends from nothing more than check cashers, stop giving away hard-earned money for nothing.

10. Appoint Supreme Court judges that will protect the constitution, not create a new one.

That's my starter list, could care less "how" he does these things, just get them done.

This is the sort of magical thinking that got us Trump.  You want to reduce government revenue, boost government spending, and pay down the debt?  Don't care how it's done?  You do know that discretionary domestic spending is a small fraction of our government expenditures, the "gravy train" you speak of a mere sliver?

^wasn't Ram the first who mentioned it? Maybe he should do it. According to some predictions here it will be short-lived. Although if the electors do not vote as they are expected to do, there will be riots in the streets that will dwarf what we're currently seeing. Maybe a "Civil War" thread will be needed  :police:

This Story Should Dominate the News Until Trump Is Sworn In

Why in Christ's sweet name isn't this thundering through the news cycle right now? Why aren't hundreds of national-security reporters all over it? We have elected a guy who may well have traded what little integrity he has to a vicious autocrat and his thieves-in-law. (Note to anyone who takes exception: This is not "red-baiting" because these crooks are not Red.) We know he can't get a loan from most American banks, so he has to go overseas for a lot of his financing. What banks is he tied into, and are any of those banks tied into the Russian government? Whom does he owe and how much does he owe them? And how do they plan to collect?

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a50598/russian-talked-to-trump-campaign/

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

Why in Christ's sweet name isn't this thundering through the news cycle right now? Why aren't hundreds of national-security reporters all over it? We have elected a guy who may well have traded what little integrity he has to a vicious autocrat and his thieves-in-law. (Note to anyone who takes exception: This is not "red-baiting" because these crooks are not Red.) We know he can't get a loan from most American banks, so he has to go overseas for a lot of his financing. What banks is he tied into, and are any of those banks tied into the Russian government? Whom does he owe and how much does he owe them? And how do they plan to collect?

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a50598/russian-talked-to-trump-campaign/

but EMAILS

even if Trump eventually goes down in flames, his election (well, you know, it's actually in question because technically it hasn't happened yet :roll:) was worth it for stories like this. They just keep coming. Any parent who considers it an honor if their kid is admitted to Michigan (allegedly one of the most prestigious public universities in the nation) might wanna consider another school. I would say I blame my generation--baby boomers--for producing kids like this, but I think by now a lot of them are the spawn of Gen-X'ers, right?? Please, let it be some other group! lol

U. of Michigan Gives Students Play-Doh, Coloring Books to Cope With Trump

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/10/u-of-michigan-gives-students-play-doh-coloring-books-to-cope-with-trump/1/

“People are frustrated, people are just really sad and shocked,” said Trey Boynton, the director of multi-ethnic student affairs at the University of Michigan. “A lot of people are feeling like there has been a loss. We talked about grief today and about the loss of hope that this election would solidify the progress that was being made.”

There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton’s office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.

Ok I clicked on the article.  It says there was contact with Trump.  Nothing more specific on what t was about? 

Yet, to some of you, if the president-elect isn't on 'your team,' there's simply no good move that he / she could make. It's a lose-lose situation. They are either promoting policies you didn't vote for or they proved to be phony / liars who weren't true to their word. Democrats were appalled by the idea that Donald Trump said he might not secede but now I see Democrats who not only aren't willing to secede but are promoting protests that are turning into riots which is further dividing this country. I understand the frustration but you have to give him a real chance first, before you go nuts about it. Consider that maybe our system elected him for reason and think positive; at least for now.

Here's a thought experiment for you: Is there any person in history, past or present, American or not, that, were he or she placed in charge of your country's government, you would have serious problems with and not accept that person as your representative leader? The line of "acceptable" versus not is of course different for every individual, however for many people, based on his words and even actions, that line has been crossed with the election of Donald Trump.

While I can't say that I'm happy Trump was elected as I was not a supporter, I can say that I'm uber ecstatic that the scumbag Clinton's won't be allowed back in the WH.  The last thing we needed was Bill hanging out in his PJ's like Hue Hefner chasing interns around the WH in between his $500K speaking engagements.  While Hillary and her cronies worked to bring more of the private sector under government control allowing for even more and deeper corruption.

Now that Trump will be the next president, here's my wish list to get working on:

1. Slow the gravy train from a geyser to a trickle, incentivize people to contribute to society.

2. Cut taxes for everyone, allowing for economic expansion and jobs for anyone who "wants to" work, especially those who are taken off the government gravy train.  Simply grow the economy.

3. Align with any & all against radical Islam and those that support them.  Going down the same path we were on would've lead to all out war in the region within 5 years.

4. Get illegal immigration under at least moderate control, physical wall not that big a deal for me.

5. Balance fiscal budgets and begin paying off the $20,000,000,000,000 Chinese credit card.

6. Convert Obamacare into Commonsensecare, basically slice off the stupid parts of it that are causing rates to skyrocket for everyone, especially for small business owners.

7. Rebuild the military with new weaponry and a bigger active duty force to the point where the US military acts as a deterrent, preventing wars from ever beginning.

8. Create more safeguards to prevent special interests and corrupt politicians from controlling the country.

9. Review of treaties & alliances, separate our true friends from nothing more than check cashers, stop giving away hard-earned money for nothing.

10. Appoint Supreme Court judges that will protect the constitution, not create a new one.

That's my starter list, could care less "how" he does these things, just get them done.

This is the sort of magical thinking that got us Trump.  You want to reduce government revenue, boost government spending, and pay down the debt?  Don't care how it's done?  You do know that discretionary domestic spending is a small fraction of our government expenditures, the "gravy train" you speak of a mere sliver?

Again I was not a Trump supporter (just anti-sleeze, aka Clinton's), but of the promises he made pre-election, those are the things I want to see get done.  I could care less about a physical wall, and would like to see some form of medical insurance program, preferably one that pays to have and doesn't cause rates to skyrocket.

Yet, to some of you, if the president-elect isn't on 'your team,' there's simply no good move that he / she could make. It's a lose-lose situation. They are either promoting policies you didn't vote for or they proved to be phony / liars who weren't true to their word. Democrats were appalled by the idea that Donald Trump said he might not secede but now I see Democrats who not only aren't willing to secede but are promoting protests that are turning into riots which is further dividing this country. I understand the frustration but you have to give him a real chance first, before you go nuts about it. Consider that maybe our system elected him for reason and think positive; at least for now.

Here's a thought experiment for you: Is there any person in history, past or present, American or not, that, were he or she placed in charge of your country's government, you would have serious problems with and not accept that person as your representative leader? The line of "acceptable" versus not is of course different for every individual, however for many people, based on his words and even actions, that line has been crossed with the election of Donald Trump.

Yeah, Hitler, but he was a meth-head. That's why I said presidential candidates should be drug tested.

Why? Is there something especially enticing about the establishment in American politics, once you're in? How does a Billionaire sell out so soon? I'm starting to believe in this illuminati, mind control stuff. I feel like if Hitler himself ran for POTUS and effectively won, he would simply find so much comfort in the old boy's club that he would lose sight of what his original plans were, let alone find the motivation to institute any sort of real change.

If you throw out California, the Clinton crime machine loses the popular vote by over 2M votes, and the electoral college is a complete blowout.  The last thing we need is the land of nuts and flakes calling the shots for the entire country.  A state with a European-born, womanizing Republican governor simply because he was a movie star.  And that has the highest % of 1st generation voters with strong ties to their mother countries (Mexico, India, Southeast Asia, China, Middle East, etc.) and their interests.  If anything, California's role in electing the president of the U.S. should be diluted, not amplified.

If you throw out California, the Clinton crime machine loses the popular vote by over 2M votes, and the electoral college is a complete blowout.  The last thing we need is the land of nuts and flakes calling the shots for the entire country.  A state with a European-born, womanizing Republican governor simply because he was a movie star.  And that has the highest % of 1st generation voters with strong ties to their mother countries (Mexico, India, Southeast Asia, China, Middle East, etc.) and their interests.  If anything, California's role in electing the president of the U.S. should be diluted, not amplified.

Happy Sunday, Herr 8Titles!  Yeah California just has the 6th largest country in the WORLD!  Why should they have a say?  While you're at it, throw out all the Mexican migrant workers from the Central Valley so your head of lettuce can inflate to $12.50.....

We were lucky in Cincinnati that are sore-loser protests were pretty peaceful and only resulted in blocked streets and a shutdown of our streetcar system. Other cities have been faring far worse over the weekend:

Anti-Trump Protests: 1 Shot After 'Confrontation' in Portland; Marchers Hit NYC, L.A.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/portland-oregon-anti-trump-protest-1-shot-after-confrontation-n682896

We were lucky in Cincinnati that are sore-loser protests were pretty peaceful and only resulted in blocked streets and a shutdown of our streetcar system. Other cities have been faring far worse over the weekend:

Anti-Trump Protests: 1 Shot After 'Confrontation' in Portland; Marchers Hit NYC, L.A.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/portland-oregon-anti-trump-protest-1-shot-after-confrontation-n682896

It's funny that you think this about losing the election, instead of about what the winning candidate said and promised to do for the last 18 months. I'm sure if we looked back at your posts, you were also critical of Tea Party protests and other astroturfing from the Right during the last 8 years.

Oh, this is a ridiculous argument. "Throw out California?" Why not throw out Texas, that "whole nuther country"? And that nutjob Golden State Governor was a Republican, mind you.

Oh, this is a ridiculous argument. "Throw out California?" Why not throw out Texas, that "whole nuther country"? And that nutjob Golden State Governor was a Republican, mind you.

Uh, I said "womanizing Republican governor".  Because since Arnold is a famous movie-star, it makes no difference to Californians that he is a womanizer and Rebpublican, hypocritical.

Sure throw out Texas & California, it's still a blowout.

It looks like even Kasich finally came around, it took him long enough:

Governor John Kasich of the GREAT, GREAT, GREAT State of Ohio called to congratulate me on the win. The people of Ohio were incredible!

In other news, this is a good example of why real votes are anonymous:

Police investigating after video shows mother berating son for Trump vote at school

http://www.click2houston.com/news/viral-video-mom-kicks-son-7-out-of-house-after-voting-for-donald-trump-in-mock-election-at-school

HOUSTON - Fort Bend County's sheriff officer has summed up a video of a mother harshly kicking her son out of the house because he voted for Trump at school as "absolutely disgusting."

Sheriff Troy Nehls said he was shocked by the video and has ensured that the child is now safe. Detectives has visited the child Friday night to make sure he was safe, Nehls said.

More News Headlines

In the video, you could hear the mother shouting at the boy.

"Ah, ah. And your suitcase is packed by the door. Been packed since this morning."

It's a video that some people may find tough to watch.

Here's the unedited video (NSFW website): http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e59_1478905151

If I were Donald Trump, I'd invite this kid to the White House.

this has to stop. Again, I largely blame the media, for not covering this campaign fairly, and demonizing anyone who dares to say they supported Trump, inciting people who don't have the maturity to accept the election results to viciously attack those with whom they disagree--

Subway rider attacks Trump fan wearing ‘Make America Great Again’ hat

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/subway-rider-attacks-trump-fan-america-great-hat-article-1.2870597

There are incidents of violence on both sides and it's all stupid.  But it is also a relative minority of people.  Most of us just go about our day.  Stop letting the media sensationalize this stuff.

California also subsidises "real America"  being the largest state economy in the union.  Yeah, let's throw them out because lot's of immigrants are there.  How nationalistic of you.

The governor is Jerry Brown.

Uh, I said "womanizing Republican governor".  Because since Arnold is a famous movie-star, it makes no difference to Californians that he is a womanizer and Rebpublican, hypocritical.

Isn't the president-elect a womanizer too?  So lets throw out all of the votes.

That was the point, California was cool with Arnold even though he was a (worst) womanizer.  Hypocritical

That was the point, California was cool with Arnold even though he was a (worst) womanizer.  Hypocritical

dumb point though. 

not to mention your anti-immigrant nonsense,

BUSTED: Teacher caught taunting students their parents will be deported now that Trump is president

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/busted-teacher-caught-taunting-students-their-parents-will-be-deported-now-that-trump-is-president/

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

Muslim high school teacher left note by student telling her to hang herself with her ‘headscarf’

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/muslim-high-school-teacher-left-note-by-student-telling-her-to-hang-herself-with-her-headscarf/