gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

It strikes me as interesting that all of the spokespeople have been saying that we need to shut down the Russia investigation.  But why is that a talking point if the firing had nothing to do with Russia?

^^You're dreaming.  There are some very thin threads tying the GOP together at the moment.  A significant fracture is likely if it is perceived that "the establishment" ousted The Donald.  These aren't the good ole days when Fox News could re-direct the narrative for the base.  Fox is too busy worried about the Sinclair Broadcast Group, which is maneuvering at the moment to position itself to the RIGHT of Fox News.  One day you are going to blink and open your eyes to the new reality that Fox is considered part of that Lamestream Libral Media

There is blood in the water. The pictures coming out of the oval office only hammer home that point.  The GOP needs to limit this Russian connection as much as possible. Trump is a massive liability. He got the job done and now he can be evicted.

I don't feel the GOP will be able to change the course though as the FBI investigation is too far along. I expect Rosenstein has to meet with the leaders that are left in the FBI to get up to speed on what may be coming forward. Comey orchestrated the pace.  i don't think the deputy AG expected Comey to be fired.  We have yet to hear from him at this point. I can't see Rosenstein being a trumpie and burying any FBI findings.

It's not fishy at all that US media was not in Oval Office today but Russian media was.  WH readout did not mention Trump meeting with kislyak but photos show he was there.  How many times is this now that a meeting with Kislyak wasn't mentioned.

Remember though using the word traitor is out of line here.

To me, this is all very simple.

Trump's used Russia as a bank for his projects, in return he launders money for them. When he ran for President, his whole campaign became entangled in this little detail. This WILL be uncovered eventually. The current Republican congress now has two scenarios: Best case, limit this to just Trump so they can retain Pence in the White House. Worst case, the whole campaign is indicted and we have a political crisis.

For the Republicans led by McConnell, life is only about power. There is no constitutional crisis, only a power crisis.

Russian chronology according to Democrats, cliff notes version:

Romney warns Obama that Russia is a geopolitical foe - Obama laughs

McCain warns Obama that Russia is a geopolitical foe - Obama laughs

Obama "resets" relationship with Russia despite warnings from all sides

Russian hacking into various US depts explodes under Obama - Obama does nothing

Russia invades and claims parts of Ukraine - Obama does nothing, says Russia is a "regional" power

Obama draws red line in Syria, Russia laughs at him and erases the line - Obama does nothing

Russia continues to hack at record levels in virtually every US dept, including the WH - D's do nothing

Democrats try fixing the primary for Hillary, Russia finds email proof and exposes the hypocrites

Democrats lose election - RUSSIA IS A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of the source, there is a giant flaw in the logic at the end. Why would Russia not want a continuation of the "Failed Democratic/Obama" control of the US government?

Maybe they didn't want to deal with a pathological liar for 4 years like 2/3's of the U.S. States?  Who knows..

The giant question is why is it okay for U.S. citizens to influence elections like the primary for Hillary or CNN providing questions in advance to Hillary during debates, but it is a MAJOR problem for non-US citizens to <allegedly> influence U.S. elections by simply exposing the reality that U.S. citizens tried fixing an election?

What is the logic?

Russian chronology according to Democrats, cliff notes version:

Romney warns Obama that Russia is a geopolitical foe - Obama laughs

McCain warns Obama that Russia is a geopolitical foe - Obama laughs

Obama "resets" relationship with Russia despite warnings from all sides

Russian hacking into various US depts explodes under Obama - Obama does nothing

Russia invades and claims parts of Ukraine - Obama does nothing, says Russia is a "regional" power

Obama draws red line in Syria, Russia laughs at him and erases the line - Obama does nothing

Russia continues to hack at record levels in virtually every US dept, including the WH - D's do nothing

Democrats try fixing the primary for Hillary, Russia finds email proof and exposes the hypocrites

Democrats lose election - RUSSIA IS A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of the source, there is a giant flaw in the logic at the end. Why would Russia not want a continuation of the "Failed Democratic/Obama" control of the US government?

Maybe they didn't want to deal with a pathological liar for 4 years like 2/3's of the U.S. States?  Who knows..

The giant question is why is it okay for U.S. citizens to influence elections like the primary for Hillary or CNN providing questions in advance to Hillary during debates, but it is a MAJOR problem for non-US citizens to <allegedly> influence U.S. elections by simply exposing the reality that U.S. citizens tried fixing an election?

What is the logic?

The logic is that presidential loyalties to a foreign government is an impeachable offense.

for the last time.  nobody rigged the primary.  never happened. 

what did happen is the nominee for the GOP asked Russia to hack Hillary Clinton on live TV. 

^He also publicly applauded Director Comey for doing EXACTLY what he CLAIMS to have fired him for.  You can't make this stuff up.

What is the logic?

The Russians don't want to deal with a pathological liar so they supported The Donald??  That would be like supporting Cheney because they don't want to deal with a war-hawk.

As to your usual deflections.  It is not okay for anyone to 'fix' a primary.... although it is certainly legal for a political party to have its favorites.  They always do..... in every election.  Regardless, Hillary and the DNC leadership paid the price for that 'fix', influence or whatever you want to label it...  DNC leadership ousted and Hillary lost support from a significant enough number of Bernie supporters to lose the general election.  Certainly the punishment they suffered was much different, although I would argue less severe, than that imposed upon the RNC establishment when they tried to 'fix' or influence the primary to avoid their worst nightmare of a clown like The Donald becoming the new face of the GOP.

Not to take away your safe space, but is it okay to get back to The Donald now?  That's the subject  of this thread, after all. 

^ Whenever there is no defense of The Donald, the cult goes into but Hillary mode.  Or but Obama mode.

It is normal for every new administration to blame things on the previous one never usually blatantly.  Trump might be the first one to blame Obama for his own hiring of a dirty National Security Adviser.  This is typical Donnie though.  Remember the primaries, every shady thing Donald ever did was because no one (Hillary) passed laws to stop him from being piece of crap.  Nothing is ever his fault. 

Trump's letter firing Comey makes him sound guilty af.

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.”

Why would Trump even mention the potential investigation against him, if Comey's firing had nothing to do with Russia? Was that a Freudian slip?

What amazes me is that all the letters/memos are from May 9. In what bureaucratic world are decisions like that made and memos forwarded up that chain that quickly? This seems to be orchestrated the remove Comey due to the increased scrutiny the administration was facing under the FBI, and the screen they came up with was to point to Comey's failures in the email investigation.

What amazes me is that all the letters/memos are from May 9. In what bureaucratic world are decisions like that made and memos forwarded up that chain that quickly? This seems to be orchestrated the remove Comey due to the increased scrutiny the administration was facing under the FBI, and the screen they came up with was to point to Comey's failures in the email investigation.

Heh.  I wouldn't read too much into the speed or lack thereof.  It's the content, not the speed.  (Remember that Flynn stayed on the job for 18 days after the information was revealed that ultimately led to his ouster.)  If Trump ever actually had a problem with the email investigation sufficient to warrant terminating the director in charge of it, he could have done that in week two.  So if you want to focus on speed, you could just as easily ask what took so long if this were really about the handling of the e-mail investigation.

I firmly believe that Hillary Clinton would have given Comey his walking papers within the first week, and honestly her department's memo would have read a lot like Trump's.  The real difference is that she would probably have meant it, or at least the part that it was the email investigation that was the cause for the termination.  Of course, the tenor of this conversation would be very different--it would be viewed as Clinton quashing the investigation of her handling of classified information and circumvention of open records laws, rather than Trump's quashing the investigation of his campaign's ties to Russia and its money.

What amazes me is that all the letters/memos are from May 9. In what bureaucratic world are decisions like that made and memos forwarded up that chain that quickly?

There's no chain. Nobody knew about it. He just decided and then he did it, and wrote that stupid letter to boot. It's so embarrassing.

Can you believe that there are people who think Trump does a good job?  This is a guy that I'd he wasn't born rich would be lucky to be a 2 bit con man

I firmly believe that Hillary Clinton would have given Comey his walking papers within the first week, and honestly her department's memo would have read a lot like Trump's.  The real difference is that she would probably have meant it, or at least the part that it was the email investigation that was the cause for the termination.  Of course, the tenor of this conversation would be very different--it would be viewed as Clinton quashing the investigation of her handling of classified information and circumvention of open records laws, rather than Trump's quashing the investigation of his campaign's ties to Russia and its money.

Except they had concluded the Clinton investigation by the time of the election if I recall correctly.  So I'm not sure there would be a rational reason why Clinton would have been viewed as quashing the investigation if she fired him as well.

Please indict this P.O.S., soon.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Mr. Comey started receiving daily instead of weekly updates on the investigation, beginning at least three weeks ago, according to people with knowledge of the matter and the progress of the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe. Mr. Comey was concerned by information showing possible evidence of collusion, according to these people.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/james-comey-had-requested-more-money-for-fbi-s-russia-investigation-before-being-fired-u-s-official-1494433061

Does it sound like treason yet?

Just saw this gem:

Alex Ovechkin may be the only Russian not having any influence in Washington right now.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Trump & Co. got played by the Russians today.  They were told that the photographer in the Oval Office was taking pictures for a personal collection.  Also allowing the Russians to bring electronic recording equipment into the Oval Office is a security breach according to former intelligence officials. 

At least no one used improper email server management. 

BREAKING at the WSJ(!): Comey had just found "possible evidence of collusion" between Trump-Russia when he was fired https://t.co/5HIZMktGNM

Trump = whackjob

Trump was angry that Comey would not support his baseless claim that President Barack Obama had his campaign offices wiretapped. Trump was frustrated when Comey revealed in Senate testimony the breadth of the counterintelligence investigation into Russia’s effort to sway the 2016 U.S. presidential election. And he fumed that Comey was giving too much attention to the Russia probe and not enough to investigating leaks to journalists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trumps-anger-and-impatience-prompted-him-to-fire-the-fbi-director/2017/05/10/d9642334-359c-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html

This is unbelievable. Trump will get away with this because of technicalities and  how unbelievably complicated it has become. Trump isn't directly under investigation but those working for him and in his best interest, certainly are. Apparently, that doesn't matter.

These are the same people who meddled in our election. They're getting better treatment than our allies. It does make you wonder what's going on.

Trump Bars U.S. Press, but Not Russia’s, at Meeting With Russian Officials

WASHINGTON — When President Trump met with top Russian officials in the Oval Office on Wednesday, White House officials barred reporters from witnessing the moment. They apparently preferred to block coverage of the awkwardly timed visit as questions swirled about whether the president had dismissed his F.B.I. director in part to squelch the investigation into possible ties between his campaign and Moscow. But the Russians, who have a largely state-run media, brought their own press contingent in the form of an official photographer. They quickly filled the vacuum with their own pictures of the meeting with Mr. Trump, Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, and Sergey I. Kislyak, Moscow’s ambassador to the United States. Within minutes of the meeting, the Foreign Ministry had posted photographs on Twitter of Mr. Trump and Mr. Lavrov smiling and shaking hands. The Russian embassy posted images of the president grinning and gripping hands with the ambassador. Tass, Russia’s official news agency, released more photographs of the three men laughing together in the Oval Office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/trump-russia-meeting-american-reporters-blocked.html?_r=0

Apparently, the administration is so stupid that they were fooled by the Russian representatives/spies.  I feel like that will be their go to for their treasonous collusion.

Is it just coincidence that Comey was fired while in L.A. and right before the visit from the Russian spy?  Did Trump's people access any classified info in Comey's office to share with the Russian's while no US media was around to witness?  Are a bunch more Russians going to end up dead from accidental polonium poisoning?

Trump's DNI:

Coats on Iran deal: "The JCPOA has also enhanced the transparency of Iran’s nuclear activities, mainly through improved access by the IAEA"

but Trump said that this is the worst deal ever made.  I guess he must agree now that Obama's deal was great for the country. 

At least Obama didn't get duped into allowing Russian spies to take photos in the Oval office and troll the administration.  What a group of amateurs in the WH.

I firmly believe that Hillary Clinton would have given Comey his walking papers within the first week

I firmly believe that she would not have done so.  Even if she wanted to do that, it would've been terrible optics and the GOP would have collectively shat themselves.  Obama could have given Comey his walking papers in November, December or January and did not.