Sign in to follow this  
Guest musky

Cleveland: Valley View Bridge

I really don't understand how this is all supposed to solve the traffic issues on 480. If they really wanted to do that, they'd fix the bottlenecks, chiefly 480W at Broadway where it narrows down to 3 lane, only to have the 4th lane return ~1000ft later. And 480E after Warrensville where it first narrows to 3 lanes after the exit, and then 2 each going south and north (which then instantly opens back up to 3). Those areas have way more of a backup on a regular basis then I've ever experience on that bridge. I think Kasich pushes for these mega projects just for his ego.

My favorite is two new bridges for the innerbelt even though I-90 inbound still narrows to a single lane at the Tremont curve.  Bridge could be 15 lanes wide, wouldn't matter.

It is interesting to read these older posts, I drive 480 several times/day. The eastbound bottlenecks have been fixed after Warrensville road. I believe the 480 bridge project is more about maintenance then widening. no one wants this bridge to fail and kill hundreds of people. Something to notice is that the piers under the westbound lanes near the eastern hill seem to be falling apart. Allega has been dumping cement next to them and may be causing some sort of failure, maybe due to the caustic nature of cement? Maybe the weight of this huge pile of cement has caused the ground to change? I am not accusing anyone of anything, just noticing things.