Guest OCtoCincy

Cincinnati: Downtown: Eighth & Main Redevelopment

4 minutes ago, taestell said:

Fun fact: the Eighth & Sycamore building uses a "dusty rose" KolorShift coating.

From the "Not enough parking on Court St" Collection

• Haha 1

I don't know why but I am really nerded out about this development. Reasons:

1.) See how it rents out itself with no parking

2.) See how this translates to the next building but not only that, future buildings as I am sure other developers are watching this one closely

3.) I am excited to see if this and the second building could also help with more redevelopment of Main Street in the CBD.

4.) Along with point 2, this could also maybe help with redevelopment of Main and Central Parkway in regards to low parking mins

^Great pictures.

Despite a couple big parking lots, that section of downtown is a very pleasant mix of old and new buildings and has seen a good amount of investment.

All we need now is the Fortune 500 headquarters on the Denison Hotel site... 

I only wish this building could have also taken up the parking lot next to/behind it.  Hopefully this place leases up quickly and shows that you don't need to build parking with every new residential building. 

10 minutes ago, Cincy513 said:

I only wish this building could have also taken up the parking lot next to/behind it.  Hopefully this place leases up quickly and shows that you don't need to build parking with every new residential building. 

Honestly, I kind of like that its smaller. I feel like every new development nowadays are these massive, entire block buildings. Its a nice change of pace. Like you said, hopefully it kicks off the new trend of no parking in buildings. Either way its exciting!

• Like 3

Does any one know if they are moving forward with developing the lot across the street? I’ve checked cagis but haven’t seen any postings. 

34 minutes ago, lobanio0 said:

Does any one know if they are moving forward with developing the lot across the street? I’ve checked cagis but haven’t seen any postings. 

I am assuming they are waiting to see how these apartments rent out before moving forward with a second tower.

It likely will be wait-and-see until they get a good reading on how in-demand these are.  Hopefully they do well, because other developers will also take a look at micro-apt and no parking if this does well.  A project like this is the best way to address rising rental rates in city cores all over the US.

It is so refreshing to see a new, decently tall building without a parking garage under it.

Edited by 10albersa
  • Like 1