Guest OCtoCincy

Cincinnati: Downtown: Eighth & Main Redevelopment

On 9/3/2019 at 10:52 AM, jjakucyk said:

I agree with what you're saying, but at the same time you have to look at it from the point of view of someone making rational decisions based on the situation at hand.  If the choice is between a 20 minute drive with an employer-provided parking space or a 40 minute bus ride (with another 10-20 minutes walking on either end) and no flexibility then it's pretty difficult to take the high road.  Moving closer in is tough with housing prices being so inflated right now. 

Sure. I don't deny any of that. But wasn't the discussion about how easy it is (or not) to park? My point is that it is very easy, especially compared to taking transit--which is why so many people make the rational decision to drive. 

Wasn't there a second phase to this project with an additional infill structure? Or was that a different lot, I forget...

2 minutes ago, seaswan said:

Almost looks like theyre planning on that. Wonder if theres something we dont know. 

There might be something planned, but I'd say it is more likely they just did this because that wall goes all the way up to the property line. Pretty come in those cases. So if anything ever is built next door you don't have windows facing a wall.

Edited by DEPACincy

17 minutes ago, DEPACincy said:

There might be something planned, but I'd say it is more likely they just did this because that wall goes all the way up to the property line. Pretty come in those cases. So if anything ever is built next door you don't have windows facing a wall.

I can't imagine that parking lot will still be an empty lot in 5 years time, so that makes sense. It would make good sense for that to be a new phase for the developer if this one sells quick enough. 

This is a really great project, I hope it leases very well and they start quickly across the street on 8th street.

Also, that whole Main Street area seems on the come up a bit, I think Anderson Birkla was going to start soon on the project at 830 Main for 60 Apartments with possibly a new building next door at some point too:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2019/06/19/downtown-office-building-to-be-converted-to-60.html

"Moormann said Anderson Birkla would like to start on the 830 Main project this year as the building is almost entirely vacant. The developer is looking at a potential second phase adjacent to the existing building."