Guest thomasbw

Cincinnati: West End: Development and News

35 minutes ago, oakiehigh said:

Look for the section of Freeman between Bank St and York to start a refreshed mini commercial district soon.   Their are many corner buildings in this area even off of Colerain that used to house businesses on the ground floor.  Only a matter of time now before they start filling in these vacant storefronts.

Yeah, but the question is how much time? I wouldn't have predicted 1101 York to be the next big project in the neighborhood, so maybe things are closer to a turning point than I had realized. The area definitely has potential, especially if/when the old Heberle and Lafayette-Bloom schools ever get renovated into residential. 

20 minutes ago, jmecklenborg said:

Somebody appears to be building a driveway to the rear of their Dayton St. house from Bank St. across what is probably city-owned land.  

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1187185,-84.5275934,154m/data=!3m1!1e3

I recall an effort to get some kind of parking for a "museum" of sorts on Dayton St... I don't remember the details of which properties were involved, but perhaps this is related to that. 

It's the Cincinnati Preservation Association's project. Adding on-site parking behind their John Hauck House (812 Dayton). They are looking to use it for more events in the future.

• Like 2

Former Wegman building in the West End to be converted

wegmanbuilding*750xx1277-718-0-44.png

A developer plans to rehabilitate the former Wegman building in the West End.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2019/11/18/former-wegman-building-in-the-west-end-to-be.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

That's great news! This development will be greeted by American Flag Company, a few other maker industrial folks, Sew Valley, and the rock climbing gym inside Foxy Shazam's Church of Rock and Roll. 

I also wanted to report that they remainder of the Music hall garage whimsical post-modern bridge across central parkway is being demolished.

1 hour ago, Chas Wiederhold said:

I also wanted to report that they remainder of the Music hall garage whimsical post-modern bridge across central parkway is being demolished.

I believe that's because the "park" at the SW corner of Ezzard Charles & Central Parkway is being replaced with a new parking lot for the District One police department across the street. But I wonder if they are going to demolish the remaining columns (in median and on the east side of Central Parkway) now that it seems pretty clear the skywalk won't be rebuilt.