gotribe

Cleveland: 925 Euclid Ave / ex-Huntington Bldg Redevelopment

2 hours ago, mrclifton88 said:

Don't mean to bump this thread with non-news but I was just snooping around trying to find SOMETHING on this project and came across this rendering on Loopnet that I don't believe I have ever seen before... Man this would be nice to see!

image.thumb.jpg.30bf7e0d8cfe0d6d43743bbab67125b3.jpg

Glad to see that they scrubbed the filthy exterior walls, especially on 9th st. I'm disappointed how long its taking just to get started. It should have been done by now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, CLE_Millennial said:

This project is the final missing puzzle piece on Euclid. This would easily be my favorite intersection in the city in my opinion if it's completed.

Plus the 22-story City Club Tower going up on the Hippodrome lot just a couple hundred feet from E9th on Euclid!

• Like 1

"We each pay a fabulous price
  for our visions of paradise."
     - ????, ???????

2 minutes ago, Boxtruffles said:

Plus the 22-story City Club Tower going up on the Hippodrome lot just a couple hundred feet from E9th on Euclid!

And the John Hartness Brown project next door is huge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boxtruffles said:

Tremendous foot traffic when this behemoth gets done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boxtruffles said:

"22-story City Club Tower going up on the Hippodrome lot" -- is that an official/announced height or just your wish?

@Pugu See City Club thread

• Like 1

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

21 hours ago, freefourur said:

This is another one that is close. 

@freefourur How close is close . . . 🤔

impatient judge judy GIF

In all seriousness this is such an important project- I don't think people often realize how massive this EMPTY building is.  This will do wonders for pedestrian activity at a key intersection as well as down E. 9th and Euclid separately.  

• Like 5

On 8/8/2019 at 6:55 PM, Boxtruffles said:

How definite is this????

On 8/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, shack said:

Glad to see that they scrubbed the filthy exterior walls, especially on 9th st. I'm disappointed how long its taking just to get started. It should have been done by now.

I'm standing on E.Ninth St right now looking at 925.  You mean the part towards Euclid - right?  Part towards Chestwr is plenty dirty.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, lafont said:

I'm standing on E.Ninth St right now looking at 925.  You mean the part towards Euclid - right?  Part towards Chestwr is plenty dirty.

I was referring to the rendering. The side along 9th needs a good scrubbing!

5 minutes ago, NR said:

I might have missed this info, but do we know when they plan start construction and open?

No firm dates yet. Hopefully with Millennia wrapping up their other downtown projects now, this will be the main focus.

• Like 1

I find no current building permits for 925 Euclid.

• Sad 1

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

1 hour ago, WindyBuckeye said:

No firm dates yet. Hopefully with Millennia wrapping up their other downtown projects now, this will be the main focus.

What other downtown projects is Frank Sinito wrapping up?  Key Bank ?  If I recall Frank Sinito was was testifying as a

proponent on behalf of SB39  TMUD tax  credit. If he indeed is waiting for TMUD to pass we do not know if that will

pass this year or not. Even if it passes we do not know how the tax credits and how many will be awarded. WE could be in a situation

of Nucleus vs 925 for awarding the credit. Also, I recall reading somewhere earlier that construction was to start by 9/1/19 or

the 25m catostrophic tax credit was in jeopardy.https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-committee-documents?id=GA133-SB-39

They have been renovating the Statler Arms.  Most of the outside work seems to have wrapped up- not sure about the inside.  It was a pretty major reno.  Don't they also own 75 Public Square?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simplythis said:

What other downtown projects is Frank Sinito wrapping up?  Key Bank ?  If I recall Frank Sinito was was testifying as a

proponent on behalf of SB39  TMUD tax  credit. If he indeed is waiting for TMUD to pass we do not know if that will

pass this year or not. Even if it passes we do not know how the tax credits and how many will be awarded. WE could be in a situation

of Nucleus vs 925 for awarding the credit. Also, I recall reading somewhere earlier that construction was to start by 9/1/19 or

the 25m catostrophic tax credit was in jeopardy.https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-committee-documents?id=GA133-SB-39

They're currently working on Statler, 75 Public square, and the Key bank Marriott is being completely renovated.

• Thanks 1

Statler is 99% completed. Talks of the Marriott getting a full reno soon. 1st phase just included 1st floor lobby/restaurant/etc. The rooms and meeting space/banquet rooms weren’t included.

Edited by marty15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mack34 said:

That building is massive!!!

YES it is massive!

1.3 million sq. ft. which is the same sq. ft. as KEY TOWER depending on which source you believe....(another source says KEY TOWER is 1.5 M sq. ft.)

• Like 2

Does anyone know the deadline to start construction before they could lose the $25 Million historical tax credit??

Or have they already done enough construction prep work that they already made the deadline??

I'm sure that they'll make sure NOT TO LOSE that large amount of MONEY!!

Edited by Larry1962

19 minutes ago, Terdolph said:

What "prep work"? 

As far as I know nothing has been done.

I know a listing agent has been picked and some site prep was started but maybe waiting on their other projects to wrap up first.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terdolph said:

What "prep work"? 

As far as I know nothing has been done.

They put a dumpster on Chester with a Gilbane and Marous banner on it. “Prep”.  Maybe a half assed effort to lobby to keep the tax credit secure.

Edited by marty15
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, marty15 said:

Statler is 99% completed. Talks of the Marriott getting a full reno soon. 1st phase just included 1st floor lobby/restaurant/etc. The rooms and meeting space/banquet rooms weren’t included.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, marty15 said:

They'd better paint the rest of the Statler windows that glorious blue or else....  Someone told me they will but so far nothing, and it sure doesn't look like a first-rate, quality renovation with the windows the two very different colors (including the limestone highest floors).  They need to be painted anyway! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lafont said:

They'd better paint the rest of the Statler windows that glorious blue or else....  Someone told me they will but so far nothing, and it sure doesn't look like a first-rate, quality renovation with the windows the two very different colors (including the limestone highest floors).  They need to be painted anyway! 

They should be painted based on the initial plans I believe.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, WindyBuckeye said:

I know a listing agent has been picked and some site prep was started but maybe waiting on their other projects to wrap up first.

This is all so disappointing.  I had thought interior work was going on all these months. The corridors have been closed off so long and Rickey Tanno's has been gone for so long.  I assume the salon has too.

Edited by lafont

On 9/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, WindyBuckeye said:

They should be painted based on the initial plans I believe.

I'm thinking they'll try to get away with not painting the remainder of the windows.  Why would they have stopped in mid-summer?  However, the two colors, with the old and discolored brown paint, certainly distract from any first-class renovation.  Meanwhile, the deep blue with gold highlights on East Twelfth is gorgeous....

1 hour ago, AsDustinFoxWouldSay said:

Another downsize, and nothing even started yet. Where have we seen this before?

This isn't the same as a new build. 

I read this as the developers want to decrease initially planned amount of office space and increase the amount/square footage of residential space.

Edited by MyTwoSense
To save the forum from reading 🐂 💩