• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

natininja

Terrorism / Mass Shootings

The Iraqi military is dysfunctional and reluctant to fight ISIS.

'I had a great will to live': Lone survivor of ISIS massacre that killed as many as 560 played dead to escape terrorists

ISIS terrorists claimed to have killed at least 1,700 soldiers during a June slaughter in Tikrit. Human rights groups confirmed at least 560 of those deaths. But one condemned soldier, Ali Hussein Kadhim, outsmarted his murders by playing dead when a bullet missed his head.

BY MEG WAGNER  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, September 4, 2014, 8:58 AM

ISIS terrorists claimed to have slaughtered 1,700 Iraqi soldiers in June.

Make that 1,699.

Ali Hussein Kadhim, the only known survivor of June's Tirkit massacre, said he narrowly escaped death by pretending to be dead after the bullet intended to kill him missed his head, he told the New York Times.

He then spent weeks living on the lam dodging the Islamic State — which overran large parts of Iraq and Syria this summer and beaded two kidnapped American journalists.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/lone-survivor-isis-massacre-played-dead-report-article-1.1927471

Riding in a motorized raft across Lake Erie while infected with a disease that causes severe vomiting and diarrhea sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday....

I actually feel sorry for the audiences who find appeal in O'Keefe's 'work.'  Taking life one step at a time in quivering boots is no way to live.  Gotta give him credit, however, for being such a 'go-getter' in the extremely prosperous business of selling fear.

Riding in a motorized raft across Lake Erie while infected with a disease that causes severe vomiting and diarrhea sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday....

I actually feel sorry for the audiences who find appeal in O'Keefe's 'work.'  Taking life one step at a time in quivering boots is no way to live.  Gotta give him credit, however, for being such a 'go-getter' in the extremely prosperous business of selling fear.

Our elected officials do a good enough job selling fear I suppose. Look at all those shiny new Homeland Security SUV's parked on E. 9th that are in a constant battle vs. terror.  I was more into how nice the city looked. They picked a great day for filming!

Anyhow, Bruce Willis already demonstrated how easily terrorists cross Great Lakes in the 1998 thriller, The Jackal.

Also keep in mind that each one of O'Keefe's videos have been shown to have been shamefully deceptive through selective editing and outright falsification.  Even with the settlements he has paid, however, I'm sure he has still come out on top money-wise.

Given the amount of enemies IS/ISIS/ISIL (man that's going to get annoying ... but I digress ...) has managed to make, I'm amazed that they've expanded as much as they have.

CBS News ‏@CBSNews  10m10 minutes ago

JUST IN: US officials have arrested individual in connection with plan to attack US Capitol; plot involved guns, bombs; was in early stages

Angenette Levy ‏@Angenette5  2m2 minutes ago Dent, OH

FBI makes terrorism-related arrest in Cincinnati area @Local12

Carol Williams ‏@CarolWCPO  7m7 minutes ago

#BreakingNews: Cincinnati man arrested today by #FBI, accused of planning #attack on #USCapitol. More at 5 WCPO[/member] @TanyaORourke

Not endorsing this analysis...... just throwing it out there as a point of discussion.  My feeling is that, to many, the word terrorism has become so aligned with a particular group, same as the word thug as it relates to black youth in the eyes of so many, that its true definition has been lost along the way.....

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

What percentage of terror attacks in the United States and Europe are committed by Muslims? Guess. Nope. Guess again. And again...

“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” How many times have you heard that one? Sure, we heard Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade say it, but to me, that was simply part of the Fox News plan to make their viewers dumber, as we saw again this past weekend when its terrorism “expert” Steve Emerson was caught fabricating the story that Birmingham, England, is closed to non-Muslims. But more alarmingly, even some reasonable people have uttered this statement.

And that comment is often followed up by the question: Why don’t we see Christian, Buddhist, or Jewish terrorists?

Obviously, there are people who sincerely view themselves as Muslims who have committed horrible acts in the name of Islam. We Muslims can make the case that their actions are not based on any part of the faith but on their own political agenda. But they are Muslims, no denying that.

However, and this will probably shock many, so you might want to take a breath: Overwhelmingly, those who have committed terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe aren’t Muslims. Let’s give that a moment to sink in.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/14/are-all-terrorists-muslims-it-s-not-even-close.html

Another issue may be lethality.  Let's pick apart this paragraph, for example:

Or what about the (dare I mention them) Jewish terrorists? Per the 2013 State Department’s report on terrorism, there were 399 acts of terror committed by Israeli settlers in what are known as “price tag” attacks. These Jewish terrorists attacked Palestinian civilians causing physical injuries to 93 of them and also vandalized scores of mosques and Christian churches.

If 399 acts of terror result in only 93 "physical injuries" (and I note that throughout the whole article, the only times he mentions fatalities are with the Breivik massacre, and the two-fatality shooting between extreme left and extreme right factions in Greece) and a lot of vandalism, it's certainly bad, but that level of damage wouldn't attract much attention even if the perpetrators were Muslim and the media were as biased towards overstating Muslim terrorism as the author wants to imply.

Does he want me to believe that there were separatist terrorist attacks of equal scale to the Paris attacks within the past year, and no one, not even independent media, reported on it?  Could he maybe at least show (via links) a few such attacks that claimed a dozen or more lives in spectacular (or even unspectacular) fashion?  Maybe such attacks did indeed occur, but you'd think he'd have made that part of his case rather than asking me to go look it up.

Likewise, as for Burma, that country actually has been covered.  But we don't call that violence the work of "Buddhist terrorists" because we're talking about (a) state actors, and despite attempts to blend the terms, "state terrorism" remains something of a contradiction in terms, and (b) actors who aren't actually invoking their religion as the cause of their violence.  It is a junta--a military government--in Burma that is committing most of this violence.  The junta is the problem, not its rather farcical Buddhism.

And with respect to the U.S., let's consider:

Back in the United States, the percentage of terror attacks committed by Muslims is almost as miniscule as in Europe. An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

But do you think that Fox News (if no one else) would have ever ignored a terrorist attack on the scale of Paris (let alone the USS Cole or something similar) carried out by a Latino or extreme-left separatist group on U.S. soil?  Implying that such events would be covered up just isn't credible in the era of 24-hour cable news (with both left and right editorial biases represented) and ubiquitous new media and social media.  Nothing on that scale could possibly be simply ignored across the board.

^^I'm sure there were separatist attacks in Africa over the past year dwarfing what we saw in Paris.  The Norway massacre, albeit over a year ago, was much more atrocious...... we didn't see any massive marches/rallies in response to those which all of the world leaders were expected to attend, did we?  Scale certainly plays into it and many jihadists are willing to die for their cause, making the scale of the attacks much more dangerous.

The point of posting that article, to me at least, was the current phenomena of limiting the word "terrorist" to Muslims.  Norway was an act of terrorism, but don't tell the far right wing that or they get all in a tizzy.

^^I'm sure people who care can argue about the stats all day long.  The fact remains, and the National Review article does nothing to debunk it, that the phrase "all terrorists are muslims" is simply not true.  It is no more true than saying "all racists are conservatives"..... even if plenty of racists align themselves with the conservative factions of politics for obvious reasons.  It's a matter of perspective.  And if you looked from a different perspective on this subject, to not only include what westerners would consider terrorism (under the broader, less appropriate definition IMO), to consider acts committed or sanctioned by western governments in other countries, then it is even more ridiculous a statement.  I'll bet that the father of an innocent dead child who was the victim or an errant bomb or a wacko soldier gone off-base considers that bombing or massacre an act of terrorism.

^^I'm sure people who care can argue about the stats all day long.  The fact remains, and the National Review article does nothing to debunk it, that the phrase "all terrorists are muslims" is simply not true.  It is no more true than saying "all racists are conservatives"..... even if plenty of racists align themselves with the conservative factions of politics for obvious reasons.  It's a matter of perspective.  And if you looked from a different perspective on this subject, to not only include what westerners would consider terrorism (under the broader, less appropriate definition IMO), to consider acts committed or sanctioned by western governments in other countries, then it is even more ridiculous a statement.  I'll bet that the father of an innocent dead child who was the victim or an errant bomb or a wacko soldier gone off-base considers that bombing or massacre an act of terrorism.

Not only are all terrorists not Muslims, but often enough Muslims are the intended victims.  That’s why “war on terror” is such a stupid phrase.  We are at war with a loose alliance of radical Islamist organizations.  Indeed, we’re not even their initial target. The “mainstream” Muslim world is.  These guys are trying to pick a fight between the general Islamic world and the western world. Their targets make this clear:  they go after the points of contact between the two worlds. 

Bush seemed to get this better than Obama.  His September 17, 2001 speech at the DC Islamic Center made it clear that the US government would not tolerate scapegoating of American Muslims in general.  Historians will inevitably compare this to FDR and Earl Warren’s actions against Japanese Americans, but a big part of why he did it was a realization of Al Qaeda’s goals.  Obama, on the other hand, seems all too willing to treat the extremists as a legitimate voice of Islam.  Considering the fact that he was, unquestionably, once a Muslim (and therefore subject to being considered an apostate), this is troubling.  I prefer to believe it’s simply another manifestation of his lack of testicular fortitude.  Either way, it’s dangerous.

The correlation to black Americans is a good one.  Criminals are a small minority of the black population, and indeed they prey upon same more than they do white people.  There are white and Asian criminals, just as there are Christian and Jewish fanatic terrorists.  The difference is percentages, and the fact that white and Asian Americans, Jews, and Christians often seem much less reticent about condemning their “own” bad apples. 

Obama, on the other hand, seems all too willing to treat the extremists as a legitimate voice of Islam.  Considering the fact that he was, unquestionably, once a Muslim (and therefore subject to being considered an apostate), this is troubling.  I prefer to believe it’s simply another manifestation of his lack of testicular fortitude.  Either way, it’s dangerous.

Nah.  He just enjoys f%*king with you.  :-D

And it was Reagan who was a ball-less moslem.  The current President is an apple-pie eating Christian with hair on his chest.

Obama, on the other hand, seems all too willing to treat the extremists as a legitimate voice of Islam.  Considering the fact that he was, unquestionably, once a Muslim (and therefore subject to being considered an apostate), this is troubling.  I prefer to believe it’s simply another manifestation of his lack of testicular fortitude.  Either way, it’s dangerous.

obama was never a muslim, he was never any religion until he joined a church as an adult

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

I don't believe he is or was ever a Muslim.

Sadly, to be perfectly honest, I think that if there were credible evidence that he were a Muslim and turned away from the faith, at least some Islamist fanatic out there would have tried to kill him for apostasy by now, and even more would at least be talking about it in message boards that could be found and revealed.  (It's eerie how free with their Internet use some of the jihadis are, particularly considering our now-widely-revealed monitoring capabilities.)  There seems to be a perverse showmanship in that subculture, and since a lot of them don't care whether they live to see the day following their Big Day (in fact, many intend not to), it wouldn't have surprised me in the least if at least one of them made the effort.  (Maybe they have and the FBI/CIA/Secret Service stopped them, and the fact is being kept quiet, but that kind of thinking is far too conspiratorial for my comfort.)

The administration wanted regime change, and got it.

Exclusive: Secret tapes undermine Hillary Clinton on Libyan war

Joint Chiefs, key lawmaker held own talks with Moammar Gadhafi regime

By Jeffrey Scott Shapiro and Kelly Riddell - The Washington Times - Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Top Pentagon officials and a senior Democrat in Congress so distrusted Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s 2011 march to war in Libya that they opened their own diplomatic channels with the Gadhafi regime in an effort to halt the escalating crisis, according to secret audio recordings recovered from Tripoli.

The tapes, reviewed by The Washington Times and authenticated by the participants, chronicle U.S. officials’ unfiltered conversations with Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s son and a top Libyan leader, including criticisms that Mrs. Clinton had developed tunnel vision and led the U.S. into an unnecessary war without adequately weighing the intelligence community’s concerns.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/28/hillary-clinton-undercut-on-libya-war-by-pentagon-/#ixzz3QFDlE7JV

ISIS group is still capturing and killing western hostages (U.S. and European).  And also some far eastern hostages from Japan.  But ISIS might have erred in killing a captured Jordanian pilot - by burning him alive(!).

Now former muslim allies are turning against ISIS and Jordan is trying to bomb ISIS further back into the stone age.

^ Not only is Jordan responding with a vengeance, their own King is personally flying bombing missions. I don't know about you, but I would not mess with this guy.

Fareed Zakaria GPS had a great indepth segment on ISIS today.  He suggested they made a big mistake in killing that Jordanian pilot and have turned the tide of Arab against themselves.  They've also put themselves squarely as enemy #1 in the mideast and a huge anti-ISIS propaganda wave is now rolling with social media and youtube videos promoting the ISIS targets being destroyed.  At the same time, this war is long from over.  Seems to me the only way to truly stop the radical Islamists is to fundamentally change their culture and promote greater acceptance of all religions and cultures, no matter how devout one feels about Islam

Isis has been losing ground for past month in syria. It is becoming a collapse due to the entire bombing campaign. A good portion has left to Turkey to avoid the Kurd onslaught. Once the supply lines to Turkey are closed it is likely lights out for isis in syria.

The rumors of Jordan sending in Special Forces is interesting.

Very soon this will be seen as a foreign policy win for Obama knocking out Isil(in Syria). The unintended consequence will be that the US has created with airpower another large kurdish zone in another country as Bush did in Iraq.

Fareed Zakaria GPS had a great indepth segment on ISIS today.  He suggested they made a big mistake in killing that Jordanian pilot and have turned the tide of Arab against themselves.  They've also put themselves squarely as enemy #1 in the mideast and a huge anti-ISIS propaganda wave is now rolling with social media and youtube videos promoting the ISIS targets being destroyed.  At the same time, this war is long from over.  Seems to me the only way to truly stop the radical Islamists is to fundamentally change their culture and promote greater acceptance of all religions and cultures, no matter how devout one feels about Islam

My understanding is that pic is older and the King isn’t doing an “Independence Day” after all.  But the Jordanians don’t play and they are de facto allied with the Israelis.  This could blow up. 

Still, we are talking serious mental illness on the part of their leadership, and an evil not seen on this scale since Pol Pot, or perhaps even Hitler.  The problem fighting someone who teaches that death = glory is you need to find better sanctions.  My thought, captured leaders get “gender reassignment surgery”.  To start.

Teaching Islam a liberal tolerant tradition is key and indeed it exists among many American Muslims.  That’s why I get so peed off at people who try to tar Islam in general with the actions of the crazies.  It’s clear that at least Al Qaeda is trying to pick that exact fight: between Islam in general and the West.  In any case, America maintaining an Islamic community maintains our influence on Muslims globally.

^I realize you are (half) kidding on the gender reassignment thing...... but, seriously, all that does is infuriate the radicals and drive those on the brink to join a radical group.  The fallout would be Abu Ghraib x10

Breaking News Feed @PzFeed  ·  1h 1 hour ago

3 BROOKLYN MEN ARRESTED:

- for providing material to ISIS

- place a bomb on Coney Island

- shoot Obama

http://tinyurl.com/qzg45c5

Breaking News Feed ‏@PzFeed  20m20 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: FBI urges the NYPD and NYC residents to be vigilant for recruits & people who may carry out attacks in New York.

obama was never a muslim, he was never any religion until he joined a church as an adult

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

I don't think Obama is even a Christian. He joined that racist church in Chicago for Street Cred.

“This is the century for colonialist ambitions to be reversed,”

I just laughed way too loudly for 6AM.

However, I will support them in their protest of police seizures. But only for the intrinsic value of what was taken.