Guest KJP

Cleveland: Downtown: 75 Public Square Renovation

Public+Square+North-Millennia.JPG

SUNDAY, APRIL 26, 2020

Seeds & Sprouts VI - Early intel on real estate projects

75 Public Square renovation to start in May

Last November, NEOtrans broke the story that Millennia Companies would start work in early 2020 on renovating 75 Public Square into Public Square North -- a 119-unit apartment building with ground-floor retail. Now, NEOtrans can report that Millennia and its general contractor Cleveland Construction Inc. will commence renovations within 30 days.

The 15-story building, built in 1915 as the headquarters of the Cleveland Electric Illuminating Co., will be rehabbed for $40 million. Cleveland Construction has experience in renovating historic structures, including the Schofield Building (see previous story). The same firm also is being tapped for the construction of One nuCLEus Place which could start in summer (see the story that NEOtrans broke here and a followup story).

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/04/seeds-sprouts-vi-early-intel-on-real.html

Edited by KJP
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

It's going to be really great if they update the lighting on West 2nd with this renovation.  The backdoor to the Standard was back there and didn't exactly feel like the safest part of the street because all the lights from 75 Public Square were out.  

Edited by smimes
  • Like 1

So I hope you guys know me well enough to know that I'm not a downer... 

Overall, this project will be great and the building is beautiful..... But we neeeeeeeed equity downtown and this seems like a perfect sized project to give it a try

Edited by YABO713
  • Like 3

With a rooftop too!  I think people are realizing you have to have some kind of outdoor space to compete with these rehabs and new construction projects... almost all of the new ones have roof space.  I really wish K&D would have added rooftop space to the Halle Building...

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

So I hope you guys know me well enough to know that I'm not a downer... 

Overall, this project will be great and the building is beautiful..... But we neeeeeeeed equity downtown and this seems like a perfect sized project to give it a try

When you say "equity," do you mean "affordable?"

4 minutes ago, Frmr CLEder said:

I believe he is referencing ownership equity as in condominium units.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frmr CLEder said:

i mean for sale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mrclifton88 said:

With a rooftop too!  I think people are realizing you have to have some kind of outdoor space to compete with these rehabs and new construction projects... almost all of the new ones have roof space.  I really wish K&D would have added rooftop space to the Halle Building...

I was just saying this to my son.....sounds like we need to start asking to have one added!!

• Like 1

It’s officially beginning!! Jersey barriers and cones for lane closures and to designate the construction area are being installed today!

BFDC8A05-264E-42D0-AB94-9695FD7C41F9.jpeg

620816AE-D7CC-43D9-80DE-445F07206916.jpeg

Edited by urbanetics_
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

This has always been one of my favorite downtown buildings.  Hope they can do this without cutting down those trees.

• Like 5