KJP

Police Use of Force

You left out the part about her littering.  I am, for the record, 100% on board with tasing the living sh-t our of litterers.

3 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

This could have all been over in about 30 seconds if the guy would have pulled over and let cops run his VIN to make sure his car wasn't the stolen one they were looking for. I wonder why he fled, led police on a high speed chase, and then attacked them when they tried to get him to get out of the car.

1 hour ago, Ram23 said:

This could have all been over in about 30 seconds if the guy would have pulled over and let cops run his VIN to make sure his car wasn't the stolen one they were looking for. I wonder why he fled, led police on a high speed chase, and then attacked them when they tried to get him to get out of the car.

Amazing that you place the onus on the rightful owner of the vehicle and not on the police officer who used a chokehold to kill him.  Are you capable of not victim blaming?

Very Stable Genius

18 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

Amazing that you place the onus on the rightful owner of the vehicle and not on the police officer who used a chokehold to kill him.  Are you capable of not victim blaming?

The root cause of the death was the initial decision to flee a traffic stop. That key decision is followed in significance by various subsequent decisions to resist arrest. This created what can only be described as a very tense and dangerous situation. The death was an accident - the actions that led up to it were conscious, albeit poor, decisions. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:47 AM, Ram23 said:

The root cause of the death was the initial decision to flee a traffic stop. That key decision is followed in significance by various subsequent decisions to resist arrest. This created what can only be described as a very tense and dangerous situation. The death was an accident - the actions that led up to it were conscious, albeit poor, decisions. 

If they run, kill them.

This whole Miami/ UPS thing is an absolute disgrace. Those cops all need to be taken to task for this. The union leader has already started the pathetic,  ‘Well, we didn’t start it’ defense. 

Know the area well. I used to live pretty close by. 

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

12 hours ago, roman totale XVII said:

This whole Miami/ UPS thing is an absolute disgrace. Those cops all need to be taken to task for this. The union leader has already started the pathetic,  ‘Well, we didn’t start it’ defense. 

Know the area well. I used to live pretty close by. 

Reference - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ups-truck-police-chase-miramar-hostage-frank-ordonez-was-on-his-first-day-as-driver-coworker-says/

Four people, including a UPS driver and a bystander, were killed Thursday after robbers stole the driver's truck and led police on a chase that ended in gunfire at a busy Florida intersection during rush hour, the FBI said. Both robbers were shot and killed when shots rang out at a crowded intersection in Miramar, about 20 miles north of where the incident began, FBI Special Agent in Charge George Piro said during a news conference Thursday night.

The cops used pedestrian vehicles as barriers - with the people still in them - and firing what's believed to be 200 rounds into the UPS truck.  They killed the hostage - the UPS driver who was on his knees.

Very Stable Genius

Anyone who thinks that this country is not out of control is not paying attention....

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

1 hour ago, KJP said:

Anyone who thinks that this country is not out of control is not paying attention....

Too many ex military combined with failed wanna-be military.    

On 12/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, KJP said:

What makes this even more disturbing is the driver was filling in for another driver. Damn shame.

1 hour ago, Cavalier Attitude said:

how many examples will be posted before something changes?

Literally nothing in that guys post is right. The officer tripped over his bike (correct) and grabbed the dude and asked him to (drop?) something. The guy backing up is then grabbed and pulled off to the right forcefully but not violently. It's questionable if he is arrested.  A dude from the left comes over and tries to grab his buddy (obstructing justice) and he gets taken to the ground (I'll give you the overly forcefully, but not illegally) and restrained. That's what I see in this clip. 

Judging by the tactics the police are past the observing the protest phase and into the breaking up the protest and pushing people off the street phase via a bike phalanx. That's a high stress and tense situation where you typically are gonna get maybe two verbal commands and then the police are gonna assert control. Unsure how they got to that point but I'm not gonna speculate based off a minute clip. 

Edited by KFM44107

23 minutes ago, KFM44107 said:

Literally nothing in that guys post is right. The officer tripped over his bike (correct) and grabbed the dude and asked him to (drop?) something. The guy backing up is then grabbed and pulled off to the right forcefully but not violently. It's questionable if he is arrested.  A dude from the left comes over and tries to grab his buddy (obstructing justice) and he gets taken to the ground (I'll give you the overly forcefully, but not illegally) and restrained. That's what I see in this clip. 

Judging by the tactics the police are past the observing the protest phase and into the breaking up the protest and pushing people off the street phase via a bike phalanx. That's a high stress and tense situation where you typically are gonna get maybe two verbal commands and then the police are gonna assert control. Unsure how they got to that point but I'm not gonna speculate based off a minute clip. 

you're not going to speculate, but you're not going to say "this is a bad thing" either, eh?

there are more clips in the twitter replies. there are plenty of clips in this topic.

Chief: Officer resigns after making up coffee cup incident

JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – In a joint press conference with McDonald’s Monday night, the Herington Police Chief said the coffee cup incident was a hoax.

Chief Brian Hornaday said McDonald’s didn’t have anything to do with writing obscenities on an officer’s coffee, and that it was “fabricated by a police officer no longer employed with the agency.”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida/2020/02/25/body-camera-video-shows-6-year-old-orlando-girl-arrested-at-school/

Body camera video shows 6-year-old Orlando girl arrested at school

Kaia Rolle was sitting, listening to a school employee read her a story when two officers came in the room to arrest her.

“What are those for?” the 6-year-old girl asked the Orlando police officers.

“They’re for you,” Officer Dennis Turner said about the zip ties, before another officer tightened them around her wrists. Kaia immediately began weeping.

“No … no, don’t put handcuffs on!” she wailed in body camera footage from the arrest, which Kaia’s family shared with the Orlando Sentinel on Monday evening. The arrests of the girl and another 6-year-old at Lucious & Emma Nixon Academy in September drew national headlines and widespread condemnation, leading to the officer’s firing.

Very Stable Genius

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida/2020/02/25/body-camera-video-shows-6-year-old-orlando-girl-arrested-at-school/

Body camera video shows 6-year-old Orlando girl arrested at school

I would love to see the outrage if this was a 6 year old white kid in a suburban district.   Unbelievable.   These things have to stop.  

14 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

I would love to see the outrage if this was a 6 year old white kid in a suburban district.   Unbelievable.   These things have to stop.  

Racism doesn't exist though.  /s

https://abcnews.go.com/US/30000-children-age-10-arrested-us-2013-fbi/story?id=65798787

Stunning annual crime statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) show that between 2013 and 2018 (the most recent year for which complete data is available), at least 30,467 children under the age of 10 were arrested in the United States. And the numbers skyrocket for children between the ages of 10 to 12 with 266,321 arrested during the same six-year time span, according to the data.

Man Killed By Deputy Was Shot 3 Times, Including in the Back

Nicholas Bils was running away when a Sheriff's Deputy shot and killed him last week

By Alexis Rivas • Published May 6, 2020 

The man who was shot and killed by a San Diego County Sheriff's Deputy last week was shot three times as he was running away, including one bullet that struck him in the back. The previously unreported details of the case come as community advocates are reacting to new information surrounding the shooting uncovered by NBC 7 Investigates. For 36-year-old Nicholas Bils mother, Kathleen Bils, it all started with a voice machine recording from a California State Park Ranger who called her to say they had arrested her son and had his dog. Hours later, her son would be dead.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/man-killed-by-deputy-was-shot-3-times-including-in-the-back/2320118/

https://time.com/5833625/indianapolis-police-shooting-sean-reed/

21-year-old black man was fatally shot by Indianapolis police on May 6 in an altercation streamed live on Facebook. According to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), officers began pursuing the individual after they noticed him driving “recklessly” and attempted to pull him over.

While he has not been named by authorities, the victim has been identified as Dreasjon “Sean” Reed by family members and local media outlets.

The police shooting, along with the widely-shared video footage, has sparked a call for answers and accountability, and led to protests at the scene of the victim’s death.

Let me guess...another "justified" police killing of a young black man.

Very Stable Genius

• Louisville Police break down the wrong door looking for a suspect, enter, fire at least 22 bullets, and kill an innocent 26-year-old woman
  • Kenneth Walker, startled by someone breaking in to his home, shot back and struck one of the officers in the leg
  • A judge releases Walker and allows him to wait trial at home, FOP releases a statement condemning this decision and claiming Walker "violently attacked our officers"
  • Oops, it turns out that the real suspect was already in custody before they broke down the door to Walker's home 🤦‍♂️
  • None of the cops were wearing body cams, of course

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/attorneys-claim-lmpd-officers-killed-26-year-old-emt-in-botched-police-raid/article_4bb33de6-704e-11ea-bb3c-4785530c8830.html

There are bad eggs with every profession and yes, they should be held accountable for their actions.  Let's just remember, there are FAR more good police officers than bad.  It's the few that make the rest look bad, which is a shame. 

14 minutes ago, richNcincy said:

There are bad eggs with every profession and yes, they should be held accountable for their actions.  Let's just remember, there are FAR more good police officers than bad.  It's the few that make the rest look bad, which is a shame. 

http://womenandpolicing.com/violenceFS.asp#notes.

Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence,  in contrast to 10% of families in the general population.

Very Stable Genius

41 minutes ago, richNcincy said:

100% agreed.  I just wish police departments (I understand why individuals don't have that power) would fire these bad eggs quickly like a Burger King employee putting bleach on fries.  Keeping these bad eggs in the department only makes the job harder for the majority (good cops).

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Just now, ColDayMan said:

100% agreed.  I just wish police departments (I understand why individuals don't have that power) would fire these bad eggs quickly like a Burger King employee putting bleach on fries.  Keeping these bad eggs in the department only makes the job harder for the majority (good cops).

I think that is something we all can agree on.  You have to change the behavior and also the mentality of a department that currently tolerates bad eggs. There are MANY layers on the police force and it would be a large uphill battle that many would never want to take. 

9 minutes ago, richNcincy said:

I think that is something we all can agree on.  You have to change the behavior and also the mentality of a department that currently tolerates bad eggs. There are MANY layers on the police force and it would be a large uphill battle that many would never want to take. 

And unfortunately those layers are hurting the image of police departments.  If stripped and quickly solved, they can show progress within communities and shine the light on good law enforcement (i.e. Dayton Shooting).

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

24 minutes ago, ColDayMan said:

Agreed, and I think the FOPs are also a big part of the problem. There is no need for the knee-jerk reaction to defend these officers that clearly were in the wrong, and slander the innocent man who was "standing his ground" when his house was illegally broken into.

48 minutes ago, ColDayMan said:

Also agree.   Police unions protect the worthless, when good honest people would love to take those jobs.   They are filled with cronies rather than qualified applicants.  

13 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

Also agree.   Police unions protect the worthless, when good honest people would love to take those jobs.   They are filled with cronies rather than qualified applicants.  

Unions in other industries have gotten good ar allowing the bad workers to get terminated. Police are behind the times.

^ A buddy of mine was a trade union head for a while. He fired a kid for sticking a suction cup to his own forehead while bored on a job. It created a huge black mark on his forehead that the public could see and could make the industry look bad.

2 hours ago, richNcincy said:

Tolerating bad eggs is just as bad as them doing whatever the bad egg is doing...

But hey, its cool, just let the cop off w a slap on the wrist, *or maybe paid leave,.. n then settle lawsuit out of court *paid for by you and me, the taxpayers!..  and then, guilty but uncharged bad cop gets transferred to tiny white trash hick town, to get away from bad publicity, and continue his career as a crooked cop

54 minutes ago, TwoStickney419 said:

Tolerating bad eggs is just as bad as them doing whatever the bad egg is doing...

It absolutely is. Reform in this regard would do wonders for law enforcement.  

4 hours ago, richNcincy said:

The problem is much much larger (and harder to fix) than a few bad officers. These are systemic failures on a grand scale. Our criminal justice system is broken. It's so frustrating but there just doesn't seem to be the political will to seriously change. 

Edited by surfohio

Just now, surfohio said:

The problem is much much larger (and harder to fix) than a few bad officers. These are systemic failures on a grand scale. Our criminal justice system is a failure. 

While I agree that the failures are on a grand scale, I completely disagree with our criminal justice system being a failure.  Like any public or private sector, there are major issues that need to be addressed.  But at the end of the day, you're able to walk the streets of anytown USA and know that if you need police assistance, they will be there. 

1 minute ago, richNcincy said:

While I agree that the failures are on a grand scale, I completely disagree with our criminal justice system being a failure.  Like any public or private sector, there are major issues that need to be addressed.  But at the end of the day, you're able to walk the streets of anytown USA and know that if you need police assistance, they will be there. 

Not to get too far off topic but keep track of how many crimes are committed by violent sociopaths that are repeat offenders who have already been in and out of prison. It's unacceptable. We need total reform.  

Sociopaths would need better healthcare to deal with their condition. So yes, we need reform, healthcare reform. And sure, some law enforcement reform would also be welcomed. We can't point the finger at one or either or. 

1 hour ago, richNcincy said:

Sociopaths would need better healthcare to deal with their condition. So yes, we need reform, healthcare reform. And sure, some law enforcement reform would also be welcomed. We can't point the finger at one or either or. 

We can easily point the finger at both. I don't know a single doctors or law enforcement official who thinks the status quo in their fields is at all acceptable. 

7 hours ago, richNcincy said:

Even if those studies are accurate, your point?

If they're accurate, 60>40 doesn't equate to "there are FAR more good police officers than bad." Not that domestic violence is the universal standard of good vs bad, but the gap appears to be pretty close among police officers and much wider for the rest of the public.

Very Stable Genius