Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eridony

Columbus: Random Photos

I'm not sure exactly when it happened but I noticed last week Nationwide has put up their new (or old) logo.

I ride by there almost everyday and on Monday I looked up and said the exact same thing.....not sure when this happened

That whole Town Street area is just beautiful.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Columbus: The Paris of Central Ohio

Glad you got a pic while it was still there! The "Salvage Dawgs" from DIY Network via Roanoke, VA came and took this down about a year.

Columbus: The Paris of Central Ohio

Glad you got a pic while it was still there! The "Salvage Dawgs" from DIY Network via Roanoke, VA came and took this down about a year.

Glad I did too. I think I've only gone down that street once so I didn't know it was gone. I took the picture late summer.

Anybody have photos of the Short North/Victorian Village during its nadir in the 1970s-1980s? I'm very curious, because you often hear about how bad its decline once was but today it is so pristine it is hard to imagine.

Anybody have photos of the Short North/Victorian Village during its nadir in the 1970s-1980s? I'm very curious, because you often hear about how bad its decline once was but today it is so pristine it is hard to imagine.

oTJcSDE.jpg

f8u2YRC.jpg

Tu7d5d8.jpg

IAoNas2.jpg

AppleGallery.0.jpg

6rmg5l4.jpg

InovationOut3.jpg

10636374_280861965457578_8795536704341230103_o.jpg

NIzXGp9.jpg

wow thanks for sharing those pics! I remember the first time I went to OSU was in the late 90s, and my mom (graduated OSU in the early 80s) said that the Short North used to be a really seedy, run down, high crime area.  At that time, it looked ok, but certainly nothing close to what it looks like today.  I remember another time my family did a little 'vacation' to Columbus for a few days in the early 2000s, and my mom was asking the cab driver about what the cool areas of town were now, and he said the Short North was the "artsy gay area", and that it was up and coming.  Still, it sounded as if it was in the earlier stages of redevelopment, and that maybe all of the population was not aware of the movement afoot.  I think it's really important to remember this, as it's a great inspiration for other neighborhoods in Ohio looking to turn the corner.  In fact, in some of the pictures that Casey posted, I got very Dayton-esque vibes.  You never know which way a neighborhood will change!

Thanks Casey. Those images are very cool and inspirational... Also Luigi's Pawnshop still going after all these years!

That picture of the back of ideal furniture... that can't be park street, can it? Russell Street looking east?

Walk past this building all the time, never realized how much of a gem it is!

I love it, but most the year you can't get good shots of it because of the trees. Even here I would have rather taken a picture of them head-on too but the parking lot across the street has an ugly fence that would get in the shot if I were to try to get the whole building.

Now THAT'S a hell of a shot.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Fun little pic that I saw on the Channel 4 newscast: http://share.nbc4i.com/media/12478096

Looks like its the 400 block of East Broad Street in downtown.  The Seneca Hotel is to the left and CCAD's Design Studio on Broad is to the right in the pic.  I'd like to know how fast the photographer needed to run to avoid the traffic!

2b5b7fbb-ca27-4f67-a3f2-6b91c6c3f436.jpg

Since 1997, the ODNR’s Division of Wildlife has operated a Peregrine Falcon nesting program from the 41st floor of the Rhodes State Office Tower in downtown.  To celebrate Earth Day yesterday, they sent out this photo of one of the falcons at the very top of the Rhodes Tower.  More about it at http://www.columbusunderground.com/on-earth-day-columbus-falcon-tends-to-her-eggs-jb1

timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.columbusunderground.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F04%2Ffalcons.jpg&q=90&w=650&zc=1&

That's a mean-muggin' @$$ falcon.