SixthCity

Cleveland: Downtown: nuCLEus

1 hour ago, osu4brutus03 said:

This project is going to break ground soon. Something in my spirit is telling me so. ūüôā¬†

Why are you thinking this. Don't they need the TMUD to close their capital stack.

Folks like to tease projects in Cleveland. I guess it's Cleveland style humor. People should move on from that developer 

and ignore his shrunken, maybe never going to happen nucleus. in seven years the lack of nucleus 

won't matter as other developers actually bring forth major developments.  Oh wait, some already are. 

Edited by Ron Edwards

Lots of proposed amendments submitted to the TMUD bill, some of them working at cross purposes. One of them would instruct the Ohio Tax Credit Authority to implement applications rules within 120 days and then have a 30-day deadline for submitting the applications to push the tax credits out ASAP. Another amendment would remove "fiscal year 2020" from the bill, making it so that tax credits can only be awarded in fiscal years 2021 and 2022. Both amendments might pass. The latter might because the state is already working under a budget for the current fiscal year that doesn't account for the impact from issuing $100 million in TMUD tax credits.

• Thanks 1

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

1 hour ago, Ron Edwards said:

Folks like to tease projects in Cleveland. I guess it's Cleveland style humor. People should move on from that developer 

and ignore his shrunken, maybe never going to happen nucleus. in seven years the lack of nucleus 

won't matter as other developers actually bring forth major developments.  Oh wait, some already are. 

Stark has certainly talked about a number of projects that never panned out and some criticism is fair.  But Stark is also one of just two private developers that has brought a skyscraper to downtown in 25 years. At least some credit is due. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frmr CLEder said:

If the latter is what passes, that will further delay this project a year.

Whew!

Not necessarily. If both of those amendments pass, the first credits could be awarded before this fall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJP said:

Lots of proposed amendments submitted to the TMUD bill, some of them working at cross purposes. One of them would instruct the Ohio Tax Credit Authority to implement applications rules within 120 days and then have a 30-day deadline for submitting the applications to push the tax credits out ASAP. Another amendment would remove "fiscal year 2020" from the bill, making it so that tax credits can only be awarded in fiscal years 2021 and 2022. Both amendments might pass. The latter might because the state is already working under a budget for the current fiscal year that doesn't account for the impact from issuing $100 million in TMUD tax credits.

This is probably the most attention I’ve paid to a bill at the State level and have to say.. THIS PROCESS IS AGONIZING!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sapper Daddy said:

This is probably the most attention I’ve paid to a bill at the State level and have to say.. THIS PROCESS IS AGONIZING!

Try being an active passenger rail advocate in Ohio as I have since 1983....

Edited by KJP
Added "in Ohio"
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Wouldn't be surprised if all of this teasing and pictures of the "calm" Stark offices is in preparation of them announcing they're selling that building. After all, it never featured as still being there in the SW plans. I'm sure they have some open office space to move into in Crocker, or in the tower at Eton.

Edit: on second thought, didn't they already announce getting space in 200 PS? Maybe this is just them announcing that imminent move.

Edited by PoshSteve

^ Stark are now in the National City Bank building on Euclid (where those pictures were taken). They moved out of West 3rd/ St Clair a while ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

This is the conference room in Stark's offices. Note that their new Beacon tower is just outside the windows....

Edited by KJP
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, KJP said:

This is the conference room in Stark's offices. Note that their new Beacon tower is just outside the windows....

Are there any forum members with an apartment at The Beacon and a good view into that¬†¬†conference room? ¬†ūüėČ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, CleveFan said:

Are there any forum members with an apartment at The Beacon and a good view into that¬†¬†conference room? ¬†ūüėČ

Nice. Especially with a view of the screen.

I'll never forget back in 2007 or '08 when someone from this board peeked through the windows of his old offices at 1350 W. 3rd and snapped pictures of Stark's proposed Ernst & Young tower for the Superblock. Bob Stark¬†saw the pictures posted¬†here on UrbanOhio and freaked. He called me at Sun Newspapers because he thought I had something to do with it. Nonetheless, he asked me to reach out to the admins to have the renderings removed from UrbanOhio! But I saved those pictures before they were removed....¬†ūüėČ

Anyway, back to nuCLEus.....

Ernst&Young01s.jpg

Ernst&Young2.jpg

Edited by KJP
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, YO to the CLE said:

^Maybe it's just me, but I think they are just showing off their offices without anyone in them. The "calm" before everyone arrives for the day

Yeah, could be like some architecture photographers want random people in the pictures they take, some don't.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KJP said:

I'll never forget back in 2007 or '08 when someone from this board peeked through the windows of his old offices at 1350 W. 3rd and snapped pictures of Stark's proposed Ernst & Young tower for the Superblock. Bob Stark¬†saw the pictures posted¬†here on UrbanOhio and freaked. He called me at Sun Newspapers because he thought I had something to do with it. Nonetheless, he asked me to reach out to the admins to have the renderings removed from UrbanOhio! But I saved those pictures before they were removed....¬†ūüėČ

Anyway, back to nuCLEus.....

Now relate this anecdote to the discussion of sidewalks right up against R&D centers......

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, YO to the CLE said:

^Maybe it's just me, but I think they are just showing off their offices without anyone in them. The "calm" before everyone arrives for the day

Probably. 

20 minutes ago, bjk said:

Now relate this anecdote to the discussion of sidewalks right up against R&D centers......

With or without sidewalk-level windows? 

The House Economic and Workforce Development Committee sent out an e-mail late this afternoon saying it will NOT meet until further notice. I'm not sure what to make of it. I haven't heard from two sources on the committee yet, so I don't know.

• Thanks 2

On 2/12/2020 at 12:28 AM, CleveFan said:

Elevator riders?ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJP said:

The House Economic and Workforce Development Committee sent out an e-mail late this afternoon saying it will NOT meet until further notice. I'm not sure what to make of it. I haven't heard from two sources on the committee yet, so I don't know.

Stark must be paying his lobbyist minimum wage.

• Haha 3