Guest jwulsin

Cincinnati: Wasson Way Trail

^ It looks like the county has the address messed up so the parcels don't show when you search by address - the parcel ID works, though:

https://wedge.hcauditor.org/view/re/0390006000900/2018/summary

https://wedge.hcauditor.org/view/re/0400005022800/2018/summary

It looks like RGW (ROBERT WILDERMUTH) purchased it from Norfolk Southern and is looking to profit $15k off each lot.

Never mind that last bit, from the conveyance form it looks like they paid $180k for the pair of lots, and are looking to sell each for $195, for a profit of $210k. If they sell for close to the asking price, they got a great deal from Norfolk Southern.

Edited by Ram23

36 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

It looks like RGW (ROBERT WILDERMUTH) purchased it from Norfolk Southern and is looking to profit $15k off each lot.

Never mind that last bit, from the conveyance form it looks like they paid $180k for the pair of lots, and are looking to sell each for $195, for a profit of $210k. If they sell for close to the asking price, they got a great deal from Norfolk Southern.

Well that certainly better explains things.  The value of the land has no doubt appreciated considerably since the city began negotiations with the railroad, but I'm skeptical that the seller will be able to get $200k for those lots.  It's conceivable that people will build a pair of custom $800k homes, but much less likely that they'll build a pair of $2 million homes, which is the price that would justify paying $200k for small pieces of land.  

The going rate for property in Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, etc. was $1M/acre 15 years ago, and I can't imagine it's gone down since, so at 0.16 acres for the east lot (not sure about the west lot, there's some weirdness going on there) that sounds about right.  

Hi all! This is my first post here. Been lurking since '14. If this is in the wrong topic I apologize in advance.

I follow the Wasson Way project on facebook and they posted this link today. 6 SFH proposed along Wasson Way and the new trail, across from the HP Kroger. This would've been a great spot for 6 multifamily fourplexes instead.

• Like 3

Yep, it's not like this is a pleasant location.  Busy traffic, gas station views... might as well put in multi-family here, but it's Hyde Park, so of course they won't build multi-family.

Love seeing the facebook reactions to this...

"Think of the drainage issues!!!" & "Who would want to live there?? Dont build this!"

^ Wow they even got funding to bring it from Listermann's close to the Uptown Gateway, that's something I figured wouldn't be in the cards for a while (and now at least puts those developers on alert that they need to make space for it).  Also, wave goodbye to another segment of light rail ROW... not that we were ever going to get it anyway.

I'm sure XU will build their segment as the others come into place.

The only remaining piece for WW is the awesome bridge in Ault park AND the bridge over the Duck Creek AND the bridge over Rt 50.  The link to the Little Miami trail is important, but getting the funding for it will not be easy.

Why in the world are we even building out this stupid trail. It should be surrounded by residential multifamily, but instead will be surrounded by the scourge of twentieth century America--"automotve retail." 

But don't you dare build townhomes near it. 

Infuriating. 

From the latest planning packet, my highlights:

wasson 1.PNG

wasson 2.PNG

Edited by Pdrome513

Yeah city should hold onto that and consider it part of Wasson Way ROW. Once right of way is broken up it’s darn near impossible to reassemble. Light rail aside it looks like if they sell that parcel then the trail ROW will have a really thin width in that area limiting design options 

Edited by thebillshark

www.cincinnatiideas.com

Their explanation for how it fits with Plan Cincinnati is laughable.  The Joseph family should take this crap out to Newtown, not Evanston. 

What would be an effective way to rile up the NIMBY types on this?  I bet more than a few would be mad as hell.