Sign in to follow this  
Guest restless8052

Cleveland: Downtown: Millennia's Garfield Bldg & HQ Developments

This is an interesting thread.

http://www.youbemom.com/forum/permalink/8407823/can-i-run-a-restaurant-name-by-you

Somebody knew about Ruby's being a no-go in February.

do you like it better if I tell you more details? Prime steak, raw bar, historic old bank building with huge marble pillars and marble walls? 2-25-2016 3:28pm

I see the building has a name, I think it's a good idea to incorporate that into the name. Garfield's is good. 2-25-2016 3:36pm

And, no, I don't read youbemom.com, I'm just a good Googler! :P

It sounds like he's a pretty audacious guy. I can see someone talking him out of that location. What is better than renovating an old building for a chef?  Being allowed to have a hand in the design of space in a new audacious building.

Windows were installed sometime in the past week on the first floor and look great! Any word on what is going in this space in lieu of Jeff Ruby's?

From yesterday

IMG_4535.JPG

That building cleaned up nicely.

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

A little search found "The Marble Room" name registered by "Steak Holders, LLC" back in March. Frank Sinito, of Millennia, the Garfield Building owner, is listed on the application... He owns Lockkeepers... and back in 2014 (Crea/PD article) announced he would open two downtown restaurants including a "luxurious" one. I guess this might be it... by default.

They are adding temporary banners in the windows on the front side of the building. Also, note the name of the building listed on the sign

IMG_5386.JPG

^ That's what it looks like! The sign reads "The Garfield" with "www.thegarfield.com" written below it, if anyone is having trouble reading it.

Love the multi-floor units. Also nice to see some more affordable units being advertised for $800/mt. Great at a time when downtown is getting more and more pricey.

^ Yikes some real estate agent would see you coming a mile away, "And you say it's right on the water"  Yes sir you are near the water...

Anyway no mention of the restaurant he was rumoured to be working on. Think it was The Marble Steak House or something like that.  It does mention a pizza place called Midici Pizza  www.mymidici.com  which if it is the same one is a chain out of CA  looking to expand quickly.

Love the multi-floor units. Also nice to see some more affordable units being advertised for $800/mt. Great at a time when downtown is getting more and more pricey.

Well nevermind. Someone has updated it to say the one bedrooms are $1100-1900 now. So much for that lol

I was gonna say... Pretty sure the time for those kind of rents on a new project have come and gone. Unfortunately for me [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^Im confused. The former National City lobby is not in the Garfield Building, its in the New England Building under the Holiday Inn Express. There is a connector through Garfield, so perhaps Millennia has master leased the space.

^^Im confused. The former National City lobby is not in the Garfield Building, its in the New England Building under the Holiday Inn Express. There is a connector through Garfield, so perhaps Millennia has master leased the space.

Maybe this is what you mean, but the picture in the article definitely isn't the current Holiday Inn lobby. Judging by the description, it sounds like the space is accessible off of East 6th? Here is an old photo of the lobby

garfieldbldg_02s.jpg

Maybe this is what you mean, but the picture in the article definitely isn't the current Holiday Inn lobby. Judging by the description, it sounds like the space is accessible off of East 6th? Here is an old photo of the lobby

garfieldbldg_02s.jpg

No, it isn't the Holiday Inn lobby, but it is parallel to the Holiday Inn lobby inside the same building--New England Building. There is not a full size bank lobby in the Garfield Building, although there is a highly-detailed pass-thru over to East 6th and a very nice space at the back of the building that might have been occupied by Cowell and Hubbard.

As I was driving by the Garfield today I was surprised to see this decorative entryway going in!

They really did this rehab right--above and beyond.