Cleveland: Downtown: Millennia's Garfield Bldg & HQ Developments

Guest restless8052

• 4 weeks later...

^Yep. We understandably focus our disdain on the icky post war modernizations, but there were several facade changes in Cleveland in the early 20th century, too. You'll notice in that same pic the original ground floor facade of the building next to the Garfield, before the columns were put in. Both buildings were "bankified" to add gravitas to the big bank tenants. In contrast, the City Club building was de-bankified, with an original greek temple facade replaced by the current storefront (which has itself since been modernized to some extent).

[typos]

Looking great!  Not quite "Schofield-scale" :) but a really fantastic looking reproduction of the original facade.

6bad3cd367c151ebd3e0a81e9acabc6c.jpg

03f4ce9b7303636c83f8eeea8a029e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This project is really looking good.  It's time to develop E 6th/Short Vincent again with retail, bars, restaurants etc.  The Theatrical still stands and the old Roxy space would make great anchors for this ''T'' block area.  Hard Rock Café relocation would make a great anchor on Short Vincent and bring nice foot traffic.  I would convert the first floor parking garage that mars the E 6th/Short Vincent northeast corner into retail, restaurant, bars etc and add an additional floor on this monstrosity.  A nice streetscape redo for these two densely located streets is in order as well.

This is an interesting thread.

http://www.youbemom.com/forum/permalink/8407823/can-i-run-a-restaurant-name-by-you

Somebody knew about Ruby's being a no-go in February.

do you like it better if I tell you more details? Prime steak, raw bar, historic old bank building with huge marble pillars and marble walls? 2-25-2016 3:28pm

I see the building has a name, I think it's a good idea to incorporate that into the name. Garfield's is good. 2-25-2016 3:36pm

And, no, I don't read youbemom.com, I'm just a good Googler! :P

It sounds like he's a pretty audacious guy. I can see someone talking him out of that location. What is better than renovating an old building for a chef?  Being allowed to have a hand in the design of space in a new audacious building.

That building cleaned up nicely.

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

A little search found "The Marble Room" name registered by "Steak Holders, LLC" back in March. Frank Sinito, of Millennia, the Garfield Building owner, is listed on the application... He owns Lockkeepers... and back in 2014 (Crea/PD article) announced he would open two downtown restaurants including a "luxurious" one. I guess this might be it... by default.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Yikes some real estate agent would see you coming a mile away, "And you say it's right on the water"  Yes sir you are near the water...

Anyway no mention of the restaurant he was rumoured to be working on. Think it was The Marble Steak House or something like that.  It does mention a pizza place called Midici Pizza  www.mymidici.com  which if it is the same one is a chain out of CA  looking to expand quickly.

Love the multi-floor units. Also nice to see some more affordable units being advertised for $800/mt. Great at a time when downtown is getting more and more pricey.

Well nevermind. Someone has updated it to say the one bedrooms are $1100-1900 now. So much for that lol

• 3 months later...

^^Im confused. The former National City lobby is not in the Garfield Building, its in the New England Building under the Holiday Inn Express. There is a connector through Garfield, so perhaps Millennia has master leased the space.

^^Im confused. The former National City lobby is not in the Garfield Building, its in the New England Building under the Holiday Inn Express. There is a connector through Garfield, so perhaps Millennia has master leased the space.

Maybe this is what you mean, but the picture in the article definitely isn't the current Holiday Inn lobby. Judging by the description, it sounds like the space is accessible off of East 6th? Here is an old photo of the lobby

garfieldbldg_02s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe this is what you mean, but the picture in the article definitely isn't the current Holiday Inn lobby. Judging by the description, it sounds like the space is accessible off of East 6th? Here is an old photo of the lobby

garfieldbldg_02s.jpg

No, it isn't the Holiday Inn lobby, but it is parallel to the Holiday Inn lobby inside the same building--New England Building. There is not a full size bank lobby in the Garfield Building, although there is a highly-detailed pass-thru over to East 6th and a very nice space at the back of the building that might have been occupied by Cowell and Hubbard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...