Guest StrapHanger

Orange Village: Pinecrest

2 minutes ago, eyehrtfood said:

This will be at least the 5th BJ's in NEO so only this location is new not the chain to the area. S shame no Chuy's .. 

Seems like the main remaining gap as far as serving suburban NE Ohio. Anything other kind of siting seems outside of their SOP. Given that Chuy's will be first to market and is no closer than Polaris currently, seems like any area could be competing for the first location in the area. How many more sites are available within Pinecrest at this point? Are there still many vacancies from the businesses that Pinecrest has poached from Legacy?

39 minutes ago, infrafreak said:

Seems like the main remaining gap as far as serving suburban NE Ohio. Anything other kind of siting seems outside of their SOP. Given that Chuy's will be first to market and is no closer than Polaris currently, seems like any area could be competing for the first location in the area. How many more sites are available within Pinecrest at this point? Are there still many vacancies from the businesses that Pinecrest has poached from Legacy?

Pinecrest hasn’t poached one thing from Legacy. 

Edited by SgtBarone

27 minutes ago, SgtBarone said:

Pinecrest hasn’t poached one thing from Legacy. 

I understand that the connotation of my phrasing is derogatory- any undertones from that are strictly from an amalgamation of reading lots of posts here between the Pinecrest and Van Aken District threads - if that is indeed the case, that's good news. I recall there being a lot less national chains and more local businesses which seemed to be met with mixed reactions. I thought that some had relocated from nearby around the 271 corridor. My intention with that question was this - if Chuy's was to come to that general area, what major vacancies are present and where that might contend for a site location? (along Beachwood, Shaker Hts, Orange, Pepper Pike, Mayfield/Mayfield Hts, Lyndhurst, Highland Heights, etc) - not that a restaurant has demanding sq footage requirements

Edited by infrafreak
added apparent lack of large site requirement

1 hour ago, infrafreak said:

I would expect to see a Chuy's on the east side as you note. They seemed interested and likely aren't just dropping that. Pinecrest's City Works space, Legacy's Granite City space, Eton's Fleming's space and Starbucks-adjacent lot that was to once be a combo Carrabba's / Bonefish and nearby Abuelo's space at Harvard/271 - even the kiss-of-death restaurant spaces at Beachwood Place (which think have other futures...) all fit the bill though all the Chuy's I have seen have been new builds, including the referenced Polaris Chuy's (which I drove to for lunch on Saturday from CLE...Such a Chuy's fan...)

Edited by eyehrtfood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Frmr CLEder said:

BJ's Brewhouse is a decent chain. We have them in S. Florida. The bar area usually features sports on large flat screens and they also serve their house blond, red, ipa, lager.

It's the modern equivalent of TGI Fridays or Applebees. And their beer...well, it's better than Coors Light (most of the time).

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, yanni_gogolak said:

It's the modern equivalent of TGI Fridays or Applebees. And their beer...well, it's better than Coors Light (most of the time).

That whole "development" across from Pinecrest is stuck in the 70's in terms of planning and form.  (just like most of what has been built in that area over the years)

• Like 1

Cleveland doesn't have a Chuy's? Even Dayton has two of them. Then again, we tend to get all sorts of random out-of-market chains, like Giordanos and Primanti's.

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

15 minutes ago, BigDipper 80 said:

Cleveland doesn't have a Chuy's? Even Dayton has two of them. Then again, we tend to get all sorts of random out-of-market chains, like Giordanos and Primanti's.

Not only not a Chuys but two other Mexican chains seen elsewhere have closed in recent months - Abuelo's after about a dozen years and Cantina Laredo which just closed after <18 months (though still taking OpenTable reservations... opps... ). Hmmm...

Edited by eyehrtfood

Goma restaurant once slated for Pinecrest next to red the steakhouse will be instead opening up an E. 4th St. in downtown

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, osu87 said:

Goma restaurant once slated for Pinecrest next to red the steakhouse will be instead opening up an E. 4th St. in downtown

Will it be taking over the Greenhouse Tavern's space?

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Was a Pinecrest today signs up for Saucy Brewworks, it is going across the side street from indochino, I think that originally slated for Kona Grille before their financial troubles happened and they backed out and closed in Columbus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osu87 said:

Was a Pinecrest today signs up for Saucy Brewworks, it is going across the side street from indochino, I think that originally slated for Kona Grille before their financial troubles happened and they backed out and closed in Columbus.

Nope - Kona originally going where Goma was going - where construction walls remain - on main park area - right next to the poorly executed/side-entranced/party room in front = dead to the street RED is...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osu87 said:

This will be perfect for that last vacant corner space.  This and Oak & Embers will bring some added foot traffic to this side of the development.

9 hours ago, eyehrtfood said:

Nope - Kona originally going where Goma was going - where construction walls remain - on main park area - right next to the poorly executed/side-entranced/party room in front = dead to the street RED is...

Oh OK for some reason I thought that’s where Kona was going to go I didn’t know it was going to go where Goma was to go, Yeah that’s side entrance there at red pretty poor