Sign in to follow this  
Guest yanni_gogolak

Beachwood: Development and News

19 hours ago, KJP said:

According to county records, work is about to begin on this Brickhaus townhouse development on Richmond Road with the contractors ID'd below ... https://www.brickhauspartners.com/portfolio/twenty-four-hundred/ 

Type: MNOC - MECHANIC'S NOTICE COMMENCEMENT

Date Recorded: 12/11/2019

BRICKHAUS BEACHWOOD INC

Parcel #:741-15-119

Strange, because these are all already built and sold last year.

• Like 1

Welp, I'm confused!

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

I see Gap, GapKids/Baby Gap and Pottery Barn are all having store closing sales at Beachwood Place.  Noticed several other prominent inline space vacancies.  Seems like Pinecrest, Eton, and Legacy are all nibbling around the edges, snagging tenants who would formerly have been a natural fit at Beachwood Place.

9 minutes ago, JohnSummit said:

I see Gap, GapKids/Baby Gap and Pottery Barn are all having store closing sales at Beachwood Place.  Noticed several other prominent inline space vacancies.  Seems like Pinecrest, Eton, and Legacy are all nibbling around the edges, snagging tenants who would formerly have been a natural fit at Beachwood Place.

I believe it was known that Pottery Barn was leaving ever since Pinecrest appeared and they opened a store there.  Just riding out their lease at BP.  The Gap is closing stores nationwide.  I wonder if they are going to even open somewhere else on the east side like Legacy or Pinecrest.  With Gap closing the lower level Dillards wing is going to seem even more dead than it already is.  Lots of space to fill there.

47 minutes ago, Htsguy said:

I believe it was known that Pottery Barn was leaving ever since Pinecrest appeared and they opened a store there.  Just riding out their lease at BP.  The Gap is closing stores nationwide.  I wonder if they are going to even open somewhere else on the east side like Legacy or Pinecrest.  With Gap closing the lower level Dillards wing is going to seem even more dead than it already is.  Lots of space to fill there.

I thought only 1 space currently vacant in lower level Dillard's wing - the former Hollister which moved into better upstairs location with new design? Both Dry Goods and Akira have opened new stores there in recent months.

At the same time this seems to be a turning point for Beachwood Place as we head for 2020. There are modest plans for a a park/public area on Richmond side, but two large restaurant vacancies remain at front of mall and numerous other vacancies or temporary tenants are visible throughout - including a closing Sperry store, too. How long anchor dept store tenants will have patience with the current state is TBD... and would seem Brookfield, the mall's owners, need a stronger, more transformational plan to make their place viable for the coming years.

At the same time, was at NJ's Garden State Plaza, one of the handful of biggest/busiest/best enclosed malls in the country this week, and they are not immune to large swaths of vacant store spaces, under-tenantsd spaces and store/chain closings - despite having marquee retailers thriving there. But even they are dramatically remaking the mall to compete in the next decade of retail.

We're getting off-topic here. Might be best for the retail thread.... 

• Like 3

These developers come up with some terrible names. There’s more coming too.

3 hours ago, Boomerang_Brian said:

^Project looks great and I hope the restaurant is good. “The Hiatus” seems like a very strange name. 

Seems pretty apt for a NuCLEus rebranding, but just confusing here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3