Sign in to follow this  
Guest C-Dawg Njaim

Ohio University Public Sex Act, False Rape Charges

OU, OU...blowing up New York media for all the right reasons...

Public sex acts, an Ohio University tradition. And I like how everyone glossed over the fact they were underage drinking in bars with impunity. I remember working bars in Toledo after college and being like, "wait, we actually somewhat enforce drinking laws here?" Athens is one of the few places left in America where you can do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. The stuff I saw there makes San Francisco and Hollywood look right wing conservative. No other place matches that raw party energy (not New York, not Los Angeles, not San Francisco, not Chicago, not even Put-in-Bay). 3am in Athens outdoes any big city and the party never ends. You drive into that town through pitch black Appalachian foothills and suddenly come upon an intensely lit, blaring little metropolis in the middle of nowhere. It's like driving into hell and finding America's ultimate social experiment- a year-long Burning Man with the values of Vegas. I'd say all this media attention is just the result of a bunch of cameras being in the right place at the right time, but I know better. I saw this hundreds of times at OU, and yes, people cheer it on. I remember one time stumbling upon a sex circle in Palmerfest and there were like 100 people cheering on two people doing it in the mud. Girls and guys around me were yelling, "get it in!" What happens in Athens no longer stays in Athens:

ATHENS, Ohio — A grand jury decided not to charge anyone over a public sex act near Ohio University that was photographed by witnesses and later reported by the woman involved as a sexual assault after images circulated on social media, a prosecutor said Monday. Athens County Prosecutor Keller Blackburn said the grand jury determined there wasn’t probable cause to file charges after a man and woman were photographed and recorded in a sex act against the window of a bank near the southern Ohio campus in the wee hours of Oct. 12. Explicit photos of them were circulated via social media, and the woman later told police she was a victim of a sexual assault.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/charges-filed-ohio-university-sex-case-article-1.1499571#ixzz2j8oImlEu

This  is exactly what I imagined your first post back would be. Welcome home, C-Dawg.

"It's like driving into hell and finding America's ultimate social experiment- a year-long Burning Man with the values of Vegas."

You should consider writing promotional materials for OU.

^Think of all the positives of being a grownup. like lower insurance rates, and The Good Wife.

I had a theory while I was at OU that I was having too much fun and the rest of my life wouldn't be able to compare. I hate being right...I also had a theory that my liver started out shiny and pink and ended up looking like an fatty black pot roast.. So far so good on that one I am still alive

Welcome back C-Dawg, or are you merely sticking your head in the door and vanishing again...

Wait...what...C-Dawg...back?

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

What I witnessed at the 2 Live Crew performance at the Blue Gator in 2004, a mere block from the site of this "assault", cannot be shared publicly. 

So OU + 2 Live Crew actually happened.  I was there. 

^Actually I did take a few photos at it, but have never scanned them. 

I know I posted an Athens party photo thread at some point.  I just searched for it but couldn't find it.  Here are some photos I have on my photobucket account, hard to believe all of this was already 10+ years ago...

This guy lives in Seattle now, but at one time he was covered in bush flowers in an Athens, OH cemetery:

athens-143.jpg

Yes, nothing quite like using a tomb stone as a bar rail:

athens-144.jpg

Not sure what's happening here:

athens-150.jpg

Partying w/snake:

athens-152.jpg

athens-153.jpg

athens-102.jpg

Snake reprise:

athens-103.jpg

athens-106.jpg

Whipped cream attack:

athens-115.jpg

The staff of Stephens Restaurant, circa 2003:

athens-116.jpg

Ca$h is King, girl at left is now an RN, saving people from injuries sustained at rock & roll shows like the one pictured:

athens-120.jpg

Game Over:

athens-122.jpg

Taking a break from Iraq:

athens-134.jpg

Party at my house, yes that is TWO copies of the notorious Mac Davis record on the wall...

valentines.jpg

kitchen-1.jpg

hooligans.jpg

connor-1.jpg

Former lead singer of We March, transformed into a Windows Vista background:

zackbackground.jpg

Zack:

zack-1.jpg

Oh no:

skull-2.jpg

At the Smiling Skull:

skull-1.jpg

Random picture of John Cranley partying at Harvard:

John_Tom_Raj_at_Hawaii_Party1.jpg

When you could still smoke in bars:

2003-11.jpg

My old iMac in an Athens basement:

2003-18.jpg

Product placement:

2003-19.jpg

Riding on car down Mill St.:

athens-3-1.jpg

Computer dropped from roof:

union-106.jpg

A visit from Detroit's Demolition Dollrods:

union-60.jpg

Rabbit Fur, maybe:

athens-12.jpg

athens-16.jpg

Failed attempt to steal Tony's barstool:

athens-17.jpg

athens-2-1.jpg

Toilet thrown from roof:

athens-4.jpg

Oops:

athens-6.jpg

Chick fight at Palmerfest w/popped collar:

palmerfest-1.jpg

Chick fight (purse thrown in tree):

palmerfest-2.jpg

slide-19.jpg

timechange-14.jpg

A visit from Gil Mantera's Party Dream:

union-107.jpg

union-74-1.jpg

Iggy Pop cover band w/self-inflicted beer bottle cuts:

union-77-1.jpg

Stealing the liquor store display:

2003-16.jpg

2003-8.jpg

2003-9.jpg

Jamming at The Ridges:

2004-24.jpg

2004-32.jpg

2004-33.jpg

Closing time:

2004-39.jpg

This is me:

P4100010.jpg

Random image on my photobucket account:

diana.jpg

Palmerfest:

girls.jpg

Makeshift Trojan Horse:

halloween-13.jpg

Jeff Hill:

jeffhill.jpg

Roderick McDavis:

mcdavis.jpg

Delta Zeta House:

herzog-6.jpg

Art Dept. Prom at The Ridges:

prom-14.jpg

prom-13.jpg

prom-10.jpg

prom-7.jpg

prom-6.jpg

ridges-9.jpg

Ridges Lobotomy room:

ridges-6.jpg

ridges-7.jpg

ridges-5.jpg

ridges-2.jpg

Bob Taft in his limo:

ridges-1.jpg

Random:

11.jpg

Rabbit fur coat:

union-78.jpg

simakis.jpg

When the Athens Wal-Mart flooded:

walmart1.jpg

I had a theory while I was at OU that I was having too much fun and the rest of my life wouldn't be able to compare. I hate being right...

You're doing it all wrong! Haha, my life is ten times crazier now than it was in Athens...

You're doing it all wrong! Haha, my life is ten times crazier now than it was in Athens...

Tell me about it. This was not exactly the trajectory I imagined when I was 22.

diana.jpg

I see what you did there.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers