Sign in to follow this  
ColDayMan

Favorite Quotes on UrbanOhio

It is sad, but also one of our greatest strengths is the ability to pull together against a foreign enemy no matter how divisive politics might be at the time...... and politics always have been and always will be divisive, as that is a necessary component of our political system.

True, and the unity was most clearly evident in the WWII era with clear battle lines and strategy. Post Iraq war I sincerely hope we don't pull together without reason.

Until then, I want enough political unity so that we can at least fix our roads correctly. The neglect of Madison Ave in Lakewood has accomplished something Al Qaeda never could - destroy my Honda Civic.

ROFLMAO

@TheTweetOfGood

What would Jesus do? Officiate a gay marriage. And then cater it using only a loaf and a fish.

Cater it?  You should see Him bartend.  He kind of invented the open bar. :-P

^ Actually, there is no limit to what a bad mime can do to you.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

These people need to quit listening to NPR and tune into real stuff...overnight trucker talk, country preachers, 30-minute reverse mortgage infomercials, etc. 

This is the best sentence I have read so far today.

Would it be safe to say that you also berate people on the "right" for characterizing a whole group of people based upon horrific acts committed by a select few?

No, really. Actual qoute

West Virginians hate comparisons to Portsmouth and Ironton.

Yeah. Why have aspirations?

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

BTW, Skrillex is going to Indy this year. It's going to be a Molly zoo out there

A wonderful line by Hootenany thrown into a rather chaotic 'discussion' in the Drumpf thread.

Quote from: PHS14 on Today at 03:01:51 PM

At least he didn't try the ''free college'' baloney but may consider the latest national holiday movement:  Loving Day.  Loving being the 1967 Supreme Court case striking down mixed race marriages.  So now there should be a national holiday celebrating mixed-race marriages and offspring.  What's next, National Potty Day?

Loving Day?  I'm not opposed to another national holiday and why not celebrate a Supreme Court case that upheld the Constitution.  What a day!  And we already have a national potty day... it's called Thanksgiving.  A national celebration of the single flush capacity of our American made toilets.

Read more: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,30206.1505.html#ixzz4ApsxRKwL

In response to:

My wife wore a pantsuit to work today, because she often wears pantsuits to work. She had a bunch of people coming up to her and commenting on her pantsuit as some sort of solidarity thing. After a few people she realized it was a Hillary thing and she instructed them she may be wearing a pantsuit but she was not voting for Hillary.

This is for the ages. LOL.

I hear that. I went to work high today, and everyone just assumed I was voting for Gary Johnson.

Also, aside from Honest Abe, Trump is, perhaps, the most honest ant truthful president we've ever had.

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

"There is usually a lot of weird stuff going on in that area so somebody physically carrying his grandmother pretty much blends in."

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

They actually thought they wouldn't get laid if their engine's compression ratio was too low!

Offline ethlaw

367'-PNC Bank

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: The Trump Presidency

« Reply #10053 on: Today at 03:33:44 PM »

UnlikeQuote

I hate to sound petty, but SHS's outfit is what happens when you hate the gays too much to let them dress you for TV.

« Last Edit: Today at 03:34:14 PM by ethlaw[/member]  »

Who was it that said, "Cincinnati is the biggest small town and Cleveland is the smallest big city?" I think it was Brad Thomas. (ThomasBW or something like that?) It was years ago but it just crossed my mind. Accurate observation and cleverly-stated.

KJP and Jon  :D

To be honest, I really don't understand what the big deal is about Stormy Daniels. Haven't we all been f*cked by Trump by now?

When should we expect our hush money?

It continues! Simply epic.

When should we expect our hush money?

Get in line with all of Trump's many unpaid subcontractors.

Let's face it, right? JMeck is legendary.

What other ones are out there.

Dayton a girl in Eaton & Eaton a girl in Dayton

[/quote

2006-2009: 21 pages of "favorite" quotes.  :D

2010-2018: 6 pages of "favorite" quotes.  >:(

I'm not saying...I'm just saying.  :o

A lot of the really funny and witty people from back in the day, no longer post here. Pretty much everything Kingfish out of water said, was quotable.

I walked the hallways of the Opryland Hotel about two years ago, beer in hand, and happened upon a clogging convention.  There were like 200 people in a ballroom clogging.  I just stood there in shock for about three minutes and then moved on. 

We really need to spend $500 million dollars to get those clogging conventions.  And snag the psychic convention featuring Elvira from Sharonville. 

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

Not on the internet but just heard at work...6'2" 30 year-old guy visits the company:

"Oh -- you're the guy I was talking to on the phone?  I thought you were short and 60". 

We really need to spend $500 million dollars to get those clogging conventions.  And snag the psychic convention featuring Elvira from Sharonville. 

Snagging a convention implies surprising them. Wouldn't the organizers of the psychic convention see you coming?

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Nobody's riding their Harley in from Washington C.H. for kale

How in the hell are you going to shoot 100,000 per people, per day, through Musk's sewer pipe?

Neat to see this kind of investment in the fart western edge of the West End: https://www.wcpo.com/news/transportation-development/development/cincinnati-s-traction-building-hamilton-s-champion-paper-mill-win-big-in-historic-tax-credits?page=2

1035 Dayton St., Cincinnati

Total Project Cost:  $1,061,311

Total Tax Credit:  $106,000

Located in Cincinnati's Dayton Street Historic District, this circa-1874 building contained commercial space on the ground floor with apartments above. After being vacant for approximately 15 years, the building needs extensive rehabilitation work. After the project is complete, the building will have five residential units and one commercial space.

So I read the city of Cleveland sent a cease and desist letter to Bird the other day, but today people were riding the scooters all over town. Anyone know what's going on?

Edit- apparently Bird just didn't listen haha.

Maybe the Mayor thinks the scooters will cause too much disruption to the riders of dirt bikes.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

On 2/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, jmecklenborg said:

It's unclear what is actually going on.  I'm not going to speculate at this point. 

On 2/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, jmecklenborg said:

I'm ready to speculate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, Gramarye said:

Please don't give anyone any ideas.  We already have John Bolton out there blaming Iran for Fyre Festival, Miss Universe 2015, Beyonce's wardrobe malfunction, lootboxes, Comcast, The Last Jedi, St. Anger, replacement refs, Granny Smith apples, and the cancellation of Firefly.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, jim uber said:

Yeah in Korea they call these places “meal houses” (translated). You sit down but the menu is short and on a wall somewhere. I like them too and it’s part of the reason I am both happy and sad for the new pho Lang thang. 

My my wife took me to the epitome of this in Korea one time. Not even a menu anywhere. You sit down and within a minute arrives soup and rice. They don’t even speak to you. It was like $1.00 and you are eating with a mixture of homeless folks and people dressed for work. A one story building in the middle of Seoul surrounded by amazing density. Just a matter of time...

On 10/2/2019 at 7:43 PM, jmecklenborg said:

Sounds like Skyline.  

• Haha 1