[11:58] ***: someone had a "MCCAIN / PALIN" bumper sticker

[11:58] ***: "CHOOSE LIFE"

[11:58] ***: "NOT MURDER"

[11:58] ***: I took my sharpie and scrawled over it

[11:58] ***: I hope you don't mind I've become a vandal

[11:58] *****: you are turning into a regular anarchist

[11:58] ***: I should have drawn a penis

• 2 weeks later...

And bank statements?! Ha! I don't even use a bank account anymore. That sh!t is buried in a coffee can in my backyard! I think you all should know by now that I'm a "doomer." The only FDIC I believe in is a coffee can and a shotgun... -C-Dawg

Ice cream definately is not just a Midwest thing.  Hell, Texas loves ice cream as do those "trendy" Californians.  Maybe it's just New-New Yorkers ;).

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Enough with ending every post with an emoticon!  :whip:

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

Even though I think hanging our power and comm wires on wooden sticks is shameful and equivalent to shitting in your backyard as opposed to your toilet, personally I don't think it's worth paying for in the United States because we don't have very high-quality built environments.

Amazing.

The irony in all of this, is despite the fanatic celebrations, no one has won anything yet.  Last I checked, my 401(k), IRA, other investments, and property value was still in the crapper.  We still have all the same problems to be solved both locally and nationally.

Yet based on what I saw in Grant Park, you would have thought all of that was over.  Or the Cubs won the World Series...one of the two.

I just hope the involvement stays at this level post inaguration...then we might have actually won something.

AMEN! 

After reading that: 

1. I'm in the midst of a Stroke

2. I've suffered a mild heart attack

3. Dementia has set in early

4. All of the above

"mini urban" experience?  To me that translates into a "sanitized" faux experience minus any unique (ie different) people, business or venues  Cool building? WTF?! 

-MyTwoSense

• 2 weeks later...

This is literary genius...

The river is only half the pedestrian battle. The other half is what's between the river and downtown. Few humans would find that appealing. It doesn't exactly scream "good connection." If the Banks isn't sh!tcanned by the impending economic collapse we'll see in the third or fourth quarter of 2009, connections may improve a little. Otherwise, status quo, or worse. There will of course be a lot more hungry CHUDS too since we'll all be out of jobs by then. No one will dare cross the Ohio River for fear of getting robbed or eaten by CHUDS. Bridges will make prime feeding grounds, and the bodies can be dumped right over the side. There will be thousands of unemployed yuppies who will have turned to cannibalism as their only means of survival since they never learned how to do anything but be a yuppie.

- C-Dawg (A true Athenian).

Yep, I was going to post this too. Beat me to it!

Closer to the mainstream:

Turning this:

02_Case_L_at_Home.jpg

into this:

16_corn_field.jpg

You did that!? Nice.

Its like Queer Eye for the Straight Farmer

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

I own/live in a 2000+ sq. ft. rowhouse style condo in Citywest in Cincinnati's Westend.  I have the conveneince of walking to anywhere in Downtown, in OTR, or to the Cincinnati Museum Center with ease. It is new construction that replaced the most notorious projects in Cincinnati. 

The neighborhood is truly diverse wich tends to keep my bigotted brother-in law from Oklahoma out of my hair. 

My neighbors are wonderful and we had over 200 kids trick or treat at our door halloween.  It is like living in the suburbs without being surrounded by Republicans...hehehe

• 4 weeks later...

From the Lafayette, Indiana as the sun sets thread

When I was a student there (50 years ago), we weren't that far out of the McCarthy/Roy Cohn fag hunts, and the whole national climate was more repressive than now. If you had broken down all the closet doors (including mine ::) ) and piled them up and set fire to them, the glow in the sky would have been visible for at least a hundred miles.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Haha

"There are really only a few spots dt that are over-lotted - the area around StX, Fifth and Race, and along the Central Parkway. If we start filling that in we'll go along way toward piecing dt back together. Maybe PG could build our next mega tower over the gardens in ten or 20 years, they can pay for it when they convince us we need 28 blades to shave three times a day".

-dmerkow

Not to mention which, shopping at wild oats means jack sh!t.  How about shopping at the west side market and supporting local businesses, farmers and butchers?  I do that every 2 weeks.  How about shopping at the Mustard Seed which supports a ton of local producers.  How about not paying 3x as much for strawberries trucked in from halfway around the country but instead trying to eat more seasonal foods so that you lessen your impact on the environment.  How about that?  How about having to collect and truck your effing recycling to 3 different recycling locations because they don't have pick-up where you live, which is what we do every 2 weeks?  I would have completely gotten in her face.

Simma down now.  You're with child! 

Honey, we don't want you to get your pressure up!

MTS, calming Rockandroller down.

Quote from: yo on Today at 11:14:25 PM

your blind fanboyism shows the same

Quote from: MyTwoSense on Today at 11:13:07 PM

Quote from: yo on Today at 11:09:38 PM

and that's what seperates Cincy for C-land... world class vs ohio class.

TT... the best known tower in NW ohio... for christ sake, the tower at KI is more popular from the Brady Bunch...

Your ignorance shows and you've lost all credibly in this discussion.

I damn near wet myself

From the Grander vision for the Inner Belt/I-90 Thread

I have never seen or heard of anyone talking about averaging around 5mph for 90 minutes. Are you sure you aren't walking to work?

Yesterday in the snow I absolutely averaged 5 mph for 90 minutes.  So did most of the people I know.

I damn near wet myself

From the Grander vision for the Inner Belt/I-90 Thread

I have never seen or heard of anyone talking about averaging around 5mph for 90 minutes.  Are you sure you aren't walking to work?

Yesterday in the snow I absolutely averaged 5 mph for 90 minutes.  So did most of the people I know.

Dude this is the quotes thread...not the discussion thread.  come on...OK

In a discussion on public housing, which, at least I thought, is indicative of someone's financial status:

"Where someone lives is not indicative of their financial or social status." ~ MTS

"I looked into public housing for myself, and yes it has everything to do with financial status.  Look over an application some time." ~ 327

PRICELESS