Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryanlammi

In the World: Spain

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57595419/spain-train-derailments-death-toll-includes-american-state-department-confirms/

At least 80 have died in a train crash in Northwestern Spain. 95 more are still hospitalized. The operator was travelling at twice the allowed speed when the train derailed. A security camera caught the derailment too and is embeded in the article if you care to watch...

That's a shame.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

I'm there.  Spain is a mess.  The end.

And your reason for that statement?

Turn your television on.  Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy is neck-deep in a 47 million euro slush fund scandal that involved hiding the dough in Switzerland.  His reforms have been destructive to every facet of life, particularly education and healthcare.  Germany has its thumb on Spain and their attempts to force solvency hasn't come close to working.  Unemployment is 30%.

Where have you been?

Turn your television on.  Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy is neck-deep in a 47 million euro slush fund scandal that involved hiding the dough in Switzerland.  His reforms have been destructive to every facet of life, particularly education and healthcare.  Germany has its thumb on Spain and their attempts to force solvency hasn't come close to working.  Unemployment is 30%.

Where have you been?

It's not where I've been.  I wanted clarity on your statement.

However, what does any of that have to do with the train wreck??

Where have you been?

It's not where I've been.  I wanted clarity on your statement.

However, what does any of that have to do with the train wreck??

You asked what would make me declare Spain a mess and I elaborated.  What wasn't clear about that response?

The title of the thread is, "In the World: Spain".  That sounds like an invitation to discuss many issues that Spain is dealing with.

Pretty wild video of the train wreck.  That train was cruising.  For someone who spent 5 months in Europe frequently traveling by train, this is pretty crazy to think how fast the operator may have been traveling.

Spain Train Crash: CCTV Footage | Tren Descarrila en Santiago de Compostela: Camara de Seguridad