Sign in to follow this  
Guest natininja

July is Heterosexual Awareness Month!

So there's a heterosexual awareness movement. Which, as you might expect, their "heterosexual pride" is actually about opposing gay rights. I've heard of Christians saying the gay rights movement is compromising their rights. I don't agree, but I sort of get what they're saying. These people, on the other hand, are saying gay people are trampling heterosexuals' rights! It's pure insanity! One might say bigotry! Go to their Facebook page at your own risk, but remember:

Don't listen to our detractors. Heteros are good people. We are law enforcement, fire fighters, military, doctors, dentists, and first responders, and we are NORMAL. You have no right to hate us.

Heterosexual Awareness Month Kicks Off, Facebook Page Offers Ways To Celebrate

Hopefully you have been celebrating, because it's already 10 days into Heterosexual Appreciation Month!

June marks lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender pride month, but July is all for the straights. Heterosexual Awareness Month, also known as HAM, began as a Facebook movement in June 2012 to challenge the "growing pressure and indoctrination from the LGBTP community." Those behind the event intend to promote heterosexuality as the "important and life giving sexual orientation intended by nature."

So how are the "hetero warriors" celebrating the second annual HAM? On July 1, they kicked off the party by playing "hetero music" and having the HAM intern get chicken sandwiches (from Chick-fil-A?) and waffle fries. The first Friday of the month, July 5, marked Straight Pride Day, and HAM supporters were told to wear clean black shirts (the anti-rainbow?). In a post Tuesday, the group wrote, "Kiss your spouse good morning and good night and celebrate acting normal!" Coming up next is the Pancakes for Pride event on July 22, when supporters are asked to host or attend a pancake breakfast in honor of International Day Against Heterophobia.

Read more

I wish people would keep their religion to themself. I don't want to hear about it anymore than I do someone's sex life.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

I wish people would keep their religion to themself. I don't want to hear about it anymore than I do someone's sex life.

The interesting twist here is the way they equate subscribing to their brand of Christianity with being heterosexual. And, by extension (though not stated), anyone who disagrees with them is homosexual. So gay people are trampling the rights of ninety-something percent of the population. Rather than the reality that an almost insignificant amount of gay people being supported by roughly 50% of straight people (in terms of marriage rights, and a majority of straight people in other cases).

It's just laughable, since gay people inherently have almost zero political power without hetero allies. Yet somehow gays are oppressing straight people!

It's a covert, oppression to be sure. But insidious! Just look at Top Gun. I'm sure that volleyball scene made more than a few of those HAM-ers all breathy and whatnot. That just ain't right! Gimme another beer.... and a picture of a girl in a bikini holding a beer!

I don't really have a problem with this. Sure it's just a subtle middle finger to gay people - as well as anyone with a hint of rationality and common sense - but it's not hurting anyone. Let them have their silly fun.

Are there any special "coming out" events planned?

oh, heck with it - since it's HAM.....

:clap: I'M STRAIGHT!!!!! :clap:

and I actually do kinda like that pic of Bachmann

I don't really have a problem with this. Sure it's just a subtle middle finger to gay people - as well as anyone with a hint of rationality and common sense - but it's not hurting anyone. Let them have their silly fun.

I take it you didn't go to the Facebook page. That was my initial reaction, but HAM is basically NOM in disguise.

I just spent 15 minutes on their Facebook page and I'm still not sure if they're serious or not.  Of course, the comments are full of people arguing as if it is serious.  I just left a few snarky comments and left.

Mmmm, HAM! Makes me want to eat a corndog

Perry.Rick_-620x465.jpg

Manly, yes, but I like it too!

michele-bachmann-corndog.jpg

Finally, a career these two can be good at!