Sign in to follow this  
Hts121

Health Care

This is exactly what happens when Republicans get their way and regulations get lifted. Crooks immediately swarm on everyday people and figure out ways for their companies to send individuals giant unpayable bills or screw them financially some other way. So much freedom:

Health Insurance That Doesn’t Cover the Bills Has Flooded the Market Under Trump

The administration’s moves to weaken the Affordable Care Act have taken hold, and companies are cashing in.

Six months after David’s surgery, the Diaz family got a particularly big surprise bill—an error, Marisia thought when she saw the invoice. But when she called her insurer, she was told she’d have to pay the full amount: $244,447.91.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-09-17/under-trump-health-insurance-with-less-coverage-floods-market

Edited by GCrites80s

Look at Ohio where the rural areas are capable of being swayed such as in the case of Strickland voters. Kasich knew that there was a possibility of losing those folks if he didn't push the Medicaid expansion here. Some other states don't have that since their rural voters will go R every time. Even Ozzy Osbourne knows that it's stupid to kill your fans.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:49 PM, KJP said:

Kentucky being Kentucky -- then again, Ohio has been a gubernatorial breath away from letting its bubba legislature do the same thing here....

Bevin cuts dental, vision benefits to nearly 500K Medicaid recipients

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2018/07/02/dempcrats-blast-matt-bevin-cuts-medicaid-rash/749974002/

With Bevin losing to Beshear tonight, I think there is some hope that these benefits can be restored.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mental-health-insurance-coverage-families-fight-for-life-saving-care/

In 2013, Brian Cada's 15-year-old daughter Nicole took her own life. A year and a half later, his younger attempted suicide. She was 14. 

"She was unable to really process the death of her sister. She kept it inside," Cada said.

Residential treatment was denied. A less intensive level of care was approved. 

"The hospital ... said what that translates to is your daughter has not failed often enough to get a longer-term treatment center," Cada said.

After a second suicide attempt, she was approved for residential care. After three weeks there, the clinical staff described "an increase in suicidal ideation," and that she "clearly" met criteria to continue treatment there.

But just a few days later, the insurer, United Behavioral Health (UBH), part of UnitedHealth Group, wrote: "the services asked for are not medically needed."

Cada's daughter left that residential facility in 2017, and now they have very little contact.

"I believe that she blames me for the loss of her sister," Cada said.

"Where does that leave you?" LaPook asked him.

"It leaves me with the sensation that I have really lost both daughters," he responded.

Uh, yeah, I'm good with abolishing private insurance.

Very Stable Genius