Cleveland: Random Photos

KJP

27 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

Hi everybody! The wife and I are finally all moved into the Terminal Tower Apartments, and I figured this would be a good place to share some photos (mostly) of some views from the higher floors. Enjoy! 

286DF970-80F7-44DA-9162-A5003D357305.thumb.jpeg.210fb712f35568305f6f7a7077e3b0ed.jpeg

5A9FAC68-DE7C-4261-9431-B647C5114EC3.thumb.jpeg.533c3b4a7744ec2c547f98db2e21eae4.jpeg30E144A4-3970-470F-A7A1-33E5E5B0F7EC.thumb.jpeg.c594e84fb6c5fb50a14f40c26aeda59f.jpegA509C3AC-C92B-4809-9C2E-3A0F611CAEB5.thumb.jpeg.64b630668e59c08803aad299250e33d3.jpeg6B10A388-83A5-42DF-8FCF-C72AE647BF83.thumb.jpeg.eb9813b2099725fbaeedcacc2d337552.jpeg5558C82B-1BF3-4110-8DB8-165E8D7DB518.thumb.jpeg.427366ebf100475aa015bd8151e57708.jpeg

F53A736B-AFBA-4EF8-BF21-849F41589BF0.thumb.jpeg.80e21044a6dd304b4a66a56bed9fbbdd.jpegCB130291-020F-417A-94B2-D78FC686E450.thumb.jpeg.f4008b7487a3d91383e2ddc17065a8cb.jpeg 

Once those surface lots are gone with the SW new HQ hopefully, damn thats a fine looking city.

Edited by WindyBuckeye
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Cleveland really is a gem! I also have view envy since we are stuck on the 4th floor facing the back of the Renaissance Hotel ?. The people who eventually get to live on the 14th floor will absolutely have the best view in the city. I also really wish those parking lots would go away sooner rather than later as it diminishes the grandeur of downtown in the worst way. 

• Like 1

A young adult I volunteer with took me on a tour of the CSU Film school yesterday, I never realized what amazing views the Ideacenter had. Being up there really highlights the density we don't necessarily see from the street-minus the northern facing parking lots ?

20190919_191711.jpg

What an amazing learning space!!

20190919_183838.jpg

20190919_184326.jpg

20190919_183915.jpg

20190919_184611.jpg

20190919_185742.jpg

Kind of hard to apture what I was going for, but here's all the roofs of the theaters in Playhouse Square. Pretty cool to see the other side, and just how hulking these spaces are...

20190919_184918.jpg

Edited by GISguy
  • Like 4

Hey @musky! None of those are views from our unit. We actually face the back of the Renaissance Hotel as well as the courthouse. Sort of a corner/SW view. The photos I took were from the unfinished 14th floor! Every photo was from an unfinished unit though, so I’m sure there will be some of those views from certain units if one is willing to pay the premium haha. 

• Like 1

I agree. The view from NCH is the best view we have, definitely a big city feel. That's why it's so important that we make sure there are enough public spaces included in whatever development goes on the lakefront property. If we can ever get the land bridge together, imagine walking from the harbor up through the mall with the city in the background, very nice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, freethink said:

I agree. The view from NCH is the best view we have, definitely a big city feel. That's why it's so important that we make sure there are enough public spaces included in whatever development goes on the lakefront property. If we can ever get the land bridge together, imagine walking from the harbor up through the mall with the city in the background, very nice.

Right. And expanded hours plus accessible outdoor displays & events by the Rock Hall and Science Center would make NCH a much much more lively place. 

Cleveland's University Circle area, courtesy of Aerial Agents...

FB_IMG_1569546807840.jpg

• Like 6

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

15 hours ago, KJP said:

Cleveland's University Circle area, courtesy of Aerial Agents...

FB_IMG_1569546807840.jpg

This is probably the ONLY photo by Aerial Agents that I don't like.  Wade Lagoon is an exceptionally beautiful and serene place in the midst of the city; and this photo, taken from a height too high, makes it look cramped and walled-in.

• Like 2

Es war ein heisser Nacht in Apalachicola als die asbest Vorhang gefällt.

But, but.... The area surrounding it looks very East Coastish or even European. 

• Like 1

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

This was my view in Old Brooklyn the other morning - Ben Franklin Community Garden - it's massive and a wonderful place! Hard to believe the garden only has 10ish days left ?  (my peppers disagree with this deadline...)

EFyl283XUAA0uZS.jpg

Edited by GISguy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Why were there only 10 days left for the garden? 

On 10/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, KJP said:

Why were there only 10 days left for the garden? 

It's just the end of the season on behalf of the Garden Committee and CDC, it helps give enough time to mow everything down, seed, and prepare for the winter. Fun fact, up until a few years ago (maybe more than a 'few'), very little was done to manage the nutrients in the garden - now cover crops are planted and techniques for overwintering and whatnot have changed (they've also added raised beds for fall/spring planting - mostly garlic for me which helps extend the season a bit). If you haven't been this year, last day is this Saturday! hah

Edit1- didn't mean to make it sound like it was going away forever! After re-reading my comment I can see how it may have come off that way hah

Edit2- I put together a map of the garden last year, it kind of gives scale to the place: https://veganbrisket.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=76c95291276c4e17a2cc7b65bb1edc77

Edited by GISguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous photos! 

• Like 1

In case folks don't venture over to port news on here, just wanted to X-post a picture of the navy ship that's currently in town! USS Indianapolis.

1 hour ago, GISguy said:

Just got a tour, it leaves at 3 today if anyone wants to snap a pic before she leaves! Impressive piece of equipment!

20191101_093009.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Browns/Bills game this weekend, had a great time at the stadium and Muni lots before! 

Some people were jerks during and after the game, but 99.7% of people we're amazing ambassadors to my adopted city of Cle.

IMG_20191110_133257412_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_101858486_HDR.jpg

Edited by GISguy

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and former Sun News coworker Roger Vozar took this wonderful picture from Euclid, looking west along the Lake Erie shoreline toward downtown Cleveland on this pretty, sunny late-fall day.

FB_IMG_1574642210700.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Not the sharpest, but here are a couple I took yesterday from Metro on a dreary day. The real narrow one is from the 7th floor (and I tried, and think I got, both the tower cranes from Church and State (far left??) and Lumen).

The one with the houses in the foreground is from the 11th floor.

Downtown_Metro_7th_floor_2.jpg

Downtown_metro_11th_floor.jpg

• Like 3

Lovely evening in Downtown tonight. Even though Tower City is being cleared out of retailers, it's still a very pretty place at this time of year.

IMG_20191219_210203.jpg

IMG_20191219_210208.jpg

Edited by KJP
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, KJP said:

Lovely evening in Downtown tonight. Even though Tower City is being cleared out of retailers, it's still a very pretty place at this time of year.

The federal courthouse is definitely an underappreciated building imo, especially from an angle like this, great eye!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skiwest said:

I wonder if the Federal courthouse would look better at night with some kind of exterior lighting?

Edit: And @MayDay beat me to the punch above! Would love to see those photos. 

?‍♂️  Others on here (@MayDay?) can correct me if I’m misremembering, but the Stokes building DOES have some great exterior lighting that was utilized for a short time after its construction. However, the GSA decided to stop illuminating the building because of either A) Cost savings, or B) Pressure from groups trying to minimize bird strikes. I’m fuzzy on the whole story. 

But yes, it’s a beautiful and under appreciated building that deserves to be lit up once again. 

Edited by brtshrcegr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can often see this type of downtown sunset/dark clouds to the east scene out of my window, but it's five miles away and by the time I could get near downtown, the sun would have set. So I appreciate this photo very much......

EOgN4jBWoAI1H-G?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I must say, sometimes it feels too hip for a hipster but Coffee Coffee Coffee/Sixth City Cycles is a great spot to sit and read/chill out ($3 bottomless coffee is nice too!).

If you're in Old Brooklyn, it's definitely worth a stop.

IMG_20200209_155511994.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up this morning and there was a bright object in the sky, rarely seen in Cleveland this time of the year.   So i decided to go burn up $100 bills in a small aircraft.  Thought you might all enjoy my view of Cleveland on approach to Burke.  

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

• Like 13

Views from the top of The 9 today 

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

• Like 6