Cygnus

Cincinnati: Mayor John Cranley

On 2/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, Brutus_buckeye said:

Did you go to the Dominican ?

No, I didn't dare ask my parents, and I was so turned off by the post-mission trip candlelight vigils that I didn't want to. 

My parents were too cheap to pay for me to do the Kairos retreat, which pretty much all Catholic high school students do in Cincinnati.  It was about $300 and you missed 1 or 2 days of school so my dad said no. 

Yeah, that's weird.  My old high school didn't have to pay anything for that wack-@ss "retreat."

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

3 hours ago, 3231 said:

St.X makes you pay extra for Kairos??

Yes, it did at the time.  I did do the junior retreat, which was only one night at the fabulous Milford Spiritual Center (which is where I'm told the Kairos retreats took place, but I don't know first-hand), but I don't remember if it cost money or not.

The only thing I remember from the retreat was that I was in a small group with a guy who remarked that I didn't seem like I ever got embarrassed.  That guy now makes like 10x more than me, which I find embarrassing.   

I was in a Kairos group that literally cried over a grapefruit spoon.  "We've never seen this before...we feel so poor!  Are we poor?  God, why are we poor?"

Again, a grapefruit spoon.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

1 hour ago, ColDayMan said:

Again, a grapefruit spoon.

I didn't know what one was until just now, thanks Google. 

The girl I went out with senior year wouldn't tell me the "secrets of Kairos" but told me that she could tell that girls were making up abuse stories to get attention.