NFL: General News & Discussion

RiverViewer

Hey

I've been here in LA since the 21 of Jan, I don't recall being here that long in the past and I realize just how fucked up this place is.

Hey now, no need to be a hater...  it was beautiful today!

Go COLTS, up at the half.

Not a hater.  I can only take LA in small doses.

This superbowl was rigged!  First, Cal Ripken Jr. hits the All-Star Game homerun in his final year, then the Patriots win after the attacks...now the Colts win after the Barbaro tragedy!

Conspiracy!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Bears looked a lil sluggish.

Guest jmecklenborg

An indifferent America was confronted by Prince's incredible blues guitar playing...if that kind of playing doesn't make people realize what a joke so much of today's pop is nothing will.  The sound was much better this year than last year's halftime and Prince and the tech crew were completely on it from the get-go unlike the clunky opening by the Rolling Stones last year.  The Stones sounded great on their second song last year, especially Ron Wood's slide, but I think they lost of people early on.  Also Prince was playing the same old Telecaster on his first song as at the Rock Hall of Fame jam two years back where he threw that guitar at the end of "As My Guitar Gently Weeps", I always wondered if it survived and obviously it did, incredible sustain intact. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6a7eVJNNBs 

Oh, yeah, the winner of the first half this year was DEFINITELY Prince!  The production team blew a tremendous amount of [male anatomy] - the mix on the feed we saw was horrible, you could only hear Prince's mic and his guitar...most musicians, that would spell disaster - but with Prince, it was astonishingly cool.  Man, that guy can play, and sing...

This superbowl was rigged!  First, Cal Ripken Jr. hits the All-Star Game homerun in his final year, then the Patriots win after the attacks...now the Colts win after the Barbaro tragedy!

If they fixed these things, no way would Arizona have won the World Series in 2001...otherwise, I'd be right there with you!

^Well hell, the year before the Bengals took apart nearly the same Bears team in Chicago...remember Chad giving CPR to the football.  There are a half a dozen teams that could have beaten the Bears.  Not to take anything away from the Colts, but I was none too impressed/pretty bored throughout the games.  I was reading a book (Jane Jacobs: Urban Visionary) throughout the 4th quarter.

• 11 months later...

It's interesting to see GB with more picks than the Cowboys...when the Cowboys beat GB heads up.

I went with NE, and like most of you, Cowboys would have been too obvious of an opponent...so I'll choose someone else.  Who you ask...it doesn't matter, Patriots win.

I think it will be Green Bay and New England. I'd much rather see the Chargers/Packers instead though. Nothing would make me happier to see the Patriots make it all this way undefeated and lose in the AFC championship or the Super Bowl  :-D

I'm praying that chargers win.  There are some Boston baseball/basketball/football fans that work for me.  If I could fire them.....uhhh nevermind.

Green bay fans, get ready for a cold one tonight! But it won't be the coldest. believe it or not, 2 of the 3 coldest NFL games on record belong to Ohio! Another Ohio recognition! Cold football games! ;-)

NFC Championship: Cold, but not that cold

Staff and Wire Reports

Sunday, January 20, 2008

In Green Bay today, a high temperature of 3 degrees is forecast. With the NFC Championship Game between the Packers and Giants being played at night, sub-zero readings are expected at Lambeau Field.

Bone-chilling as that sounds, a lack of wind might keep it from cracking the top three chilliest NFL games of all-time:

Jan. 10, 1982

AFC Championship Game,

Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium

Game-time temperature: minus 9

Wind chill: minus 59

Result: Bengals 27, Chargers 7

Dec. 31, 1967

NFL title game, Lambeau Field, Green Bay

Game-time temperature: minus 13

Wind chill: minus 48

Result: Packers 21, Cowboys 17, on Bart Starr's famous sneak.

Jan. 4, 1981

AFC playoff game,

Cleveland Stadium

Game-time temperature: 4

Wind chill: minus 37

Result: Raiders 14, Browns 12, the so-called "Red Right 88" game, in which Browns quarterback Brian Sipe was intercepted in the end zone by Mike Davis with less than a minute remaining.

More below:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/2008/01/19/ddn012008sportsdata.html

The Super Bowl will be much like the AFC Championship... snooze...

Yeah because that last game of the season when the Giants played the Patriots.. that was such a snoozer huh?

I'm sure the networks would have much preferred a New York v. San Diego match-up

I'm guessing they're not too upset to have the biggest market in the country in the Super Bowl instead of #27.