Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrclifton88

East Cleveland: Development and News

The townhomes are looking good as well.  I was going to mention the CMHA project was going up, but you beat me to it...wasn't able to snap pics this weekened.

Looks like East Cleveland is likely to remove a lot of traffic lights from Euclid in the coming years, including the light at Lakeview.  Great for traffic flow, but not so good for pedestrian crossing (i.e., HL riders).  Hopefully the planners take this into account. http://www.cleveland.com/roadrant/index.ssf/2012/04/study_shows_that_majority_of_e.html

Anyone know any news or info on this development on Euclid and Belmore such as a completion date? Is this low income housing, senior citizen housing etc.?

Great to see the new construction. I know it's common to post pics of downtown projects, but construction in the neighborhoods interests me at least as much.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Anyone know any news or info on this development on Euclid and Belmore such as a completion date? Is this low income housing, senior citizen housing etc.?

Great to see the new construction. I know it's common to post pics of downtown projects, but construction in the neighborhoods interests me at least as much.

I *THINK* it's a senior community.

I'm also excited that a lot of the lights are coming down, especially at Euclid and Lakeview-- NOW.... if we can pave Lakeview so I can have an easy time driving home to CircleEast! Haha

I *THINK* it's a senior community.

I'm also excited that a lot of the lights are coming down, especially at Euclid and Lakeview-- NOW.... if we can pave Lakeview so I can have an easy time driving home to CircleEast! Haha

since the > 50% of the community does not own a car I am not happy about reducing the number of safe intersections those people have to cross at, and as a result increasing the  speed of traffic.

That vacant land surrounding Circle East would be a great place for a new Red Line/Lakeview station.  With the E. 120 station moving SW to Mayfield, there will be a large 1+mile gap between this station and Superior.  More importantly for E. Cleve, however, is the fact that this former factory/vacant land would be prime TOD land that could greatly boost EC's fortunes... more, later, on the mass transit/RTA thread.

Does anyone have a sketch of the power plant?

Circle East already has plans to expand the current development, doubling the number of units, most of the new ones going on a new segment stretching north along Lakeview to the rail bridge.

Apparently there are plans to develop the abandoned building across the street into a commercial site.

More work going on at the power plant site...hopefully we will see some kind of updates soon to see what exactly this thing will add/detract

7305357416_6c4c88a6c3.jpg

IMG_2458 by lilblondiecan2003, on Flickr

Quick shot of Circle East

7305356314_58f6462438.jpg

IMG_2459 by lilblondiecan2003, on Flickr

And apparently the spillover is slowly happening...looks like the gas station just east on Euclid is being rehabbed...

7305355158_a498337812.jpg

IMG_2460 by lilblondiecan2003, on Flickr

More work going on at the power plant site...hopefully we will see some kind of updates soon to see what exactly this thing will add/detract

7305357416_6c4c88a6c3.jpg

IMG_2458 by lilblondiecan2003, on Flickr

Quick shot of Circle East

7305356314_58f6462438.jpg

IMG_2459 by lilblondiecan2003, on Flickr

And apparently the spillover is slowly happening...looks like the gas station just east on Euclid is being rehabbed...

7305355158_a498337812.jpg

IMG_2460 by lilblondiecan2003, on Flickr

That gas station shouldn't even need rehab it was just renovated for the last gas station and lasted only a few months. I wonder what station is going there now.

Just want to put my two cents in on this topic- I have a foot in on info for these developments--

The townhomes look GREAT inside! The pictures online do not match what they really look like inside. They are all heavily secured with outdoor cameras, very limited access, alarm systems.. it is thought out very well. It was also just announced that a phase II will be built with what is currently standings. -- I believe about 20 more units behind the current project, really making a small community on Euclid Avenue.

I also have info that the building across the street has plans to renovate. The building standing next to that one is vacant and the townhome developers are seeking to buy and renovate it into a commercial space. <-- Really hope this happens.

Also, from what I have been told, the power plant is not a power plant anymore. From what I've been told, UH/Case is interested in making it an administrative building. There are no plans anywhere online and there is no direct info on the site of the construction, so I am left to trust in my reliable source. I'm really hoping this is true.. I would much rather prefer a normal building on Euclid, rather than a power plant.  :wtf:

^Thanks for the info about Phase II- great to hear!  I guess that means leasing has been brisk.  Great news, too, about the commercial buildings across the street. I really, really love the cool Art Moderne building with the "Mickey's" marquee and would love to see that guy rehabbed.

I think we discussed the power plant right before CircleEast was announced, and I think expressed pessimism that serious redevelopment would take hold on this stretch of Euclid in the near future.  I am so happy to be so wrong.  I still think a thoughtfully designed/efficiently sited power plant, maybe wrapped in an admin building, would be fine on that other big lot, but whatever they put there better be good!

I did hear that 60% of the first phase is already leased...the majority of which are University Circle employees ...and even that was a couple weeks ago, so may be nearly sold out.

I think expressed pessimism that serious redevelopment would take hold on this stretch of Euclid in the near future.  I am so happy to be so wrong. 

Egg on my face as well Strap

I did hear that 60% of the first phase is already leased...the majority of which are University Circle employees ...and even that was a couple weeks ago, so may be nearly sold out.

Some more good news-- ALL of the units are already rented out, and because of this, phase 2 is in demand.

Great stuff, I'm excited for east Cleveland

Some more good news-- ALL of the units are already rented out, and because of this, phase 2 is in demand.

Great stuff, I'm excited for east Cleveland

:clap:  best news of the day!  Thanks for the great update.

It seems seeds are being planted.

Was at an even this evening discussing the growth taking place in the Greater University Circle area. Ari Maron, Joe Calabreese, Chris Ronayne President of UCI were all in attendance. Looks like there is real developer interest in redeveloping East Cleveland from UC all the way to Superior Avenue. The people that work for UCI are proud of the fact that no new parking was built for the Courtyard Hotel, MOCA or the Uptown buildings. No new info other than that. Posted some pics of the inside of the new apartments in the UARD thread.

^Is that the east side of Cleveland between UC and Superior or the city of East Cleveland?  East Cleveland begins at E. 125 north Lake View Cemetery so I'm a bit confused as to the scope of the area being talked about.

^Is that the east side of Cleveland between UC and Superior or the city of East Cleveland?  East Cleveland begins at E. 125 north Lake View Cemetery so I'm a bit confused as to the scope of the area being talked about.

Specifically this is the NE corner of Euclid Avenue and Lakeview Road, diagonally from the Marathon station at that intersection...so it's just inside the EC border.

Specifically this is the NE corner of Euclid Avenue and Lakeview Road, diagonally from the Marathon station at that intersection...so it's just inside the EC border.

I live in the townhomes at this corner and have been waitin to hear something like this. Looks like taking the plunge to move to East Cleveland might eventually pay off! Hopefully! :clap:

So I just wanted to throw this random update out there on CircleEast Townhomes, since I now live here.

The place itself is really great and the neighbors in the neighborhood are very nice as well...  It would all be perfect if only... The property were finished!

The construction company is currently fighting with the fence company so both are refusing to finish the project... The fence and gate are sitting incomplete. The bigger joke is the East Cleveland-hired gardening company. These guys have tried planting grass three times and show up once a week to water things-- in the afternoon sun?

East Cleveland Cable is also the biggest train wreck of all time. 

Just wanted to share my venting update about how things are suddenly not going so well with the townhomes that were guaranteed finished by June 1. That's all!

Well, that explains the many satellite dishes on people's homes, including some pretty run-down buildings along the Red Line!

Thanks for the updates. Keep us posted.

But the first 20 townhomes WERE finished in July and residents have moved in. In construction its customary for certain items to be incomplete after occupancy.

I could not agree more.  they used to own the old observatory off of taylor road, they trashed it.

There is a ton of history in that little town.

is uverse offered there?

East Cleveland has a contract with ECC and it's the only option we have. The townhomes do not allow residents to get dishes and uverse is not available. So I'm basically out of luck. We have had them out 5 times- very unprofessional and the DVR stops working daily.

They announced that the 20 units are done and leased, but this was not the case. I believe 1/2 units are actually sitting incomplete with the construction company not touching. There are also 1/2 others that the tenant backed out, so there are still some occupancies.  It also concerns me when the fence, in this area, and the gate are not complete and the property is wide open for anyone to enter-- though nothing has happened and life has been pleasant here so far, it hasn't stopped many EC residents from pulling through and creepily staring. I would just prefer  the property be finished before residents move in.

I'll keep you updated on the status of phase 2. 

East Cleveland has a contract with ECC and it's the only option we have.

As a general rule, limited options equal sucky product. Thanks government!

But really, things like net access will absolutely hinder growth. So it's in EC's best interest to remedy this asap.

Make some noise about it, including writing a short letter to the PD. A writer could say something like "we were considering buying one of the new CircleEast Townhomes in East Cleveland, but they only offer East Cleveland Cable. No competitors are allowed, including no satellite. ECC service is so bad that we're looking for a new home elsewhere."

Feel free to use that!

I lived on Taylor and Euclid until last September and I too had ECC as it was the only thing offered on my street. Interestingly, my mother lives up the hill, still within East Cleveland city limits and she has u-verse. Her neighbor has ECC. So there are some options up the hill but down the hill, I guess ECC just has a strangle hold. :(

To the contrary, in the year that I had ECC, I never had one problem with them, at my location. I still wouldn't choose them if I had a choice though.

Does anyone know what may be going on with this building on Euclid, across from Circle East Townhomes? It has been empty and ugly for quite some time and the past week there have been a few guys tearing out the plastic in the windows and it seems like they're putting windows in. Was hoping somebody knew where to find info on this, being an East Cleveland property. I'm really hoping the development is continuing east down Euclid.

10209052175_cdb5a90049.jpg

IMG_7473 by cle618, on Flickr

This property is for sale or lease, according to this listing on Loopnet....

http://www.loopnet.com/Property-Record/12550-Euclid-Avenue-East-Cleveland-OH-44112/SmL2dP_9A/

Says:

Property is currently under renovation and ready for tenant build-out. Indoor parking is available.

Most of the listing information is visible only to subscribers, unfortunately.

Cuyahoga County property records for this parcel show the current owner is:

PARCEL ID: 672-14-001

OWNERS NAME: LINCOLN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, L

ADDRESS: 12550 EUCLID AVE

CITY: EAST CLEVELAND

ZIP: 44106

Its tax mailing address is:

LINCOLN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LLC, 403 LOWELL DR, HIGHLAND HTS, OH 44143

Past owners:

2002-2011 -- Wade Park Properties, Ltd.

1976-2002 -- Mickey'S Enterprises Inc

Until 1976 -- Economy Buick Co