Random Ohio Sports Talk

Guest ColDayMan

Funny. The Bengals fans could care less about the Browns fans. The Browns fans make moronic names for the Bengals fans.

Insecurities? Sure.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

That's strange.

I could of swore the title of this thread is OHIO Sports talk, NOT CINCINNATI Sports talk. I mean when was the last time a Browns fan addressed the Bengals on here (before this post)?

Remember, the Bengals still have Mike Brown as their owner. Nuff said!

Now if you still want to talk about Cincinnati football, we can discuss what the final point differential will be between the Bearcats and the Buckeyes (is that this weekend or next?) will be. :)

Thanks Magyar, this is an OHIO sports thread and I really do have every right to talk about the best pro football team in Ohio. :stong:

Now ColDay, I would think that hypocrisy would not reign from a man of your stature. Don't ever tell me that your chicken bone throwing, over taxed, bandwagon fans from Cincitucky don't have their little nicknames for my beloved Browns.

Now I can understand how many of you Bungle fans are feeling a little bit hyped with last years amazing .500 record after 12 miserable and embarrassing losing seasons. I can understand that. I can also understand how confident you must be feeling with what’s virtually a rookie at QB this year. But what I can't understand is how all you fans can just jump on the bandwagon after not supporting your team for over a decade.

Oh and please don't forget your last game from last season.

Go Browns!!!

^ LOL...I don't mind all the Browns talk at all. It belongs on the board. I was just addressing ColDayMan's point.

MAGYAR--there hasn't been much of it on this board, but you should have seen it last year on SSP.

UC/OSU--I believe the point spread is OSU by 17, but I think it will be closer than that. Remember 2002? UC has basically just lost some receivers and brings most everybody back, including their senior QB. OSU lost quite a few players and is starting Zwick at QB, who lacks experience. I still think OSU will win, but it won't be a blowout. (BTW...the game is this Saturday).

WHODEY--Yeah, unbelievable. My school knocked off Elder last weekend 21-3. They're ranked in all of the national polls (though I still don't understand how the hell they can possibly nationally rank prep teams).

G3000--I believe I'll wait until my team actually takes a regular season snap before I start talking shit. :D

But what I can't understand is how all you fans can just jump on the bandwagon after not supporting your team for over a decade.

Ahem. I'll try not to take personal offense at that' date=' as I have definately [i']not[/i] just jumped on the bandwagon. Actually, I wouldn't consider there to be many people that are "bandwagon jumpers" really. There's always a great hype in the beginning of the season locally, it just usually dies out early in the season and it stayed high last year.

Ahh well. This thread's all in good fun, anyway, right? :stupid:

I don't have an issue about the Browns in this thread at all (hell, I encourage them to come; along with Reds, Indians, Blue Jackets, Crew, Cavs, Dragons, Aeroes, Mud Hens, etc) but I'm simply seeing some insecure Browns fans, that is all.

But continue with your bashing. It's hilarious.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Now I can understand how many of you Bungle fans are feeling a little bit hyped with last years amazing .500 record after 12 miserable and embarrassing losing seasons. I can understand that. I can also understand how confident you must be feeling with what’s virtually a rookie at QB this year. But what I can't understand is how all you fans can just jump on the bandwagon after not supporting your team for over a decade.

Interesting, says a team who's never been to a Superbowl. Both are worthless, pathetic teams in reality and both are hilarious making fun of each other. It is simply Tweedle Dee making fun of Tweedle Dumbass.

Ahh Ohio...the only real football team the state has are the Buckeyes and the Elder Panthers.

Ahem. I'll try not to take personal offense at that' date=' as I have definately [i']not[/i] just jumped on the bandwagon. Actually, I wouldn't consider there to be many people that are "bandwagon jumpers" really.

Yeah, I've been following them and rooting for them since I started to get into football about 1980--when I was 6 or 7 years old. So I wouldn't say I'm bandwagon either.

And there you have it...of course' date=' the Dolphins are QB'd by a 14-year-old boy.

WHO DEY

EDIT: I'm glad they put some stuff up around the perimeter of the stadium. It always needed something to scream "Yes, this is Cincinnati. This is not Hackensack." It was just so bland before.[/quote']

You mean they couldn't find a video or audio recording of Sam Wyche telling Bengal fans they live in Cincinnati, not Cleveland (from circa 1990) to tell people where they are today? :wink:

If Brown were alive, watching Ohio teams would kill him

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

TODD JONES

COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Blame the old man.  He died 13 years ago and it has been misery for us ever since.  Paul Brown cursed us.  He could have been kind and provided us something else in his inheritance — such as another NFL team to root for.

Instead, the great man left us the two franchises he founded and coached: the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals.  A perpetual root canal would have been better. 

Believe it or not, teenagers, the Browns and Bengals were once good, at least when the old man was alive.  Since Brown’s death, it has been nothing but broken hearts, unfulfilled promises, failed first-round draft picks, and defeat after defeat after defeat.

MORE: http://dispatch.com/browns/browns.php?story=dispatch/2004/09/28/20040928-E1-01.html

• 2 weeks later...