The_Cincinnati_Kid

Cincinnati: CUF / Corryville: Development and News

3 hours ago, jwulsin said:

At the corner of Vine and Calhoun*/Taft, today there is a big pile-driver / drill ... presumably doing geotechnical analysis for a foundation/structure.  

image.thumb.png.0f4e82081dd49789600f57dd353b2793.png

Hopefully this is more positive indication that the proposed Millhaus project (230-unit apartment building, 150-key hotel, 380-space parking garage) is moving forward: https://city-egov2.cincinnati-oh.gov/Webtop/ws/council/public/child/Blob/55139.pdf?rpp=-10&w=doc_no%3D'201901821'&m=1

*While UC is looking at changing some names, I'd love to see Calhoun renamed to just Taft. I don't have any particular political motivation (apparently the Calhoun name pre-dates the pro-slavery senator John Calhoun from South Carolina), but I hate when streets change names for only a few blocks (don't even get me started on the Jefferson-Nixon-Goodman quagmire). Calhoun is only 5-blocks long. Why not just continue the Taft name for those 5 blocks? 

I know I’ve seen some old renderings for this site but is their a current one? 

16 hours ago, Ucgrad2015 said:

I know I’ve seen some old renderings for this site but is their a current one? 

Not that I'm aware of. 

1 hour ago, savadams13 said:

I see a farmers insurance commercial in the future for that college kid.

probably a good thing that car was there to stop it. Could have been pretty bad if it plowed into that apartment complex. 

The guy obviously didn't chock his wheels but we'll probably see the apartment complex install some concrete posts to slow trucks down in the event this happens again. 

On Sunday night I saw a prostitute working the corner of Warner & W. Clifton, right in front of a shuttered Murphy's Pub. 

It takes a lot to shock me, but I have to admit that I was shocked. 

The building at the southwest corner of University/Burnet was just torn down: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.132413,-84.5014872,3a,75y,215h,88.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRxYSgXL1xCglPUD0jZFnjw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The property is owned by Central Clinic, which has its main building directly to the south. Their demo permit doesn't seem to indicate any plans for new construction. My guess is that they'll use it for surface parking. 

https://cagis.hamilton-co.org/opal/apd.aspx?entcode=cinc&ezstdadrtag=2837||BURNET|AV|GJ1595134425|||CINC|CINC|00920004004602837B|009200040046|009200040046|CINCINNATI&APD=2020P02671

Related, I'd love to see that slip lane from EB University to SB Burnet removed.