MayDay

Cleveland / Lakewood: The Edge Developments

2 minutes ago, Morningtheft2 said:

Judging by their Facebook page, Troubadour’s new coffee shop is La Taza Rica. 

Thanks @Morningtheft2 ... well I'm definitely embarrassed...especially with the the Cudell Improvement Inc post right above my own post.

I suppose all I can add to the overall knowledge is that it's the same owners as Troubadour. 

On 12/29/2019 at 10:03 PM, MuRrAy HiLL said:

I was at Troubadour Coffee Roasters today on Lorain Rd in Fairview Park and it mentioned they’re opening a second location in Cleveland city on Clifton Blvd.  I didn’t catch the exact location, but it sounded like a block or so east of Lucky’s.

They are going to be in the location of the Chinese restaurant that recently closed down, just to the east of Tick Tock.  

Dave's Markets Buys Cleveland and Columbus Lucky's Market Locations

While Lucky's Markets filed for bankruptcy and the majority of its stores earlier this year, the Cleveland location remained open.

This week, it got a new owner.

Dave's Markets bought that store and the Columbus-area Lucky's Market at auction for a total of $1.25 million.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2020/03/27/daves-markets-buys-cleveland-and-columbus-luckys-market-locations

• Like 1

Not sure if I like that.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Why not? At first glance it seems like good news - store's remain open plus they now have local ownership. What is it that concerns you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cadmen said:

Why not? At first glance it seems like good news - store's remain open plus they now have local ownership. What is it that concerns you?

I think the customer service is much better at Lucky's and the stores are cleaner.

• Like 1

^ I hear you, but IME the new Dave’s on Chester is excellent in both regards. 

Edited by roman totale XVII
  • Like 3

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

I shop at both Lucky's and Ohio City Dave's weekly and they are pretty similar in terms of cleanliness. Dave's has really stepped up their game as of late. Their customer service has also been better than Lucky's recently.

The last time I was at Lucky's (maybe 8 days ago) they had one register open with a line of about 20 people deep. Not great.

Edited by Clefan98

I think this is good news. The Saltzmans are a great family and as mentioned above, their Midtown store is great and they tend to cater the stores to the market they serve.  I don't think think things will change much except there might be more mainstream brands available now. 

• Like 1

I get the sense that the Lucky's location was fairly successful, so the Saltzman's won't try to fix what isn't broken.   Hopefully they will take what was working, and improve on it.   

I never went in on weekends or evenings, but did they ever get big crowds at that "bar"?   During the day it was wasted space....

1 hour ago, Cleburger said:

I get the sense that the Lucky's location was fairly successful, so the Saltzman's won't try to fix what isn't broken.   Hopefully they will take what was working, and improve on it.   

I never went in on weekends or evenings, but did they ever get big crowds at that "bar"?   During the day it was wasted space....

They've actually had a DJ spinning the tunes there with a few customers at the bar on weekends.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KJP said:

They've actually had a DJ spinning the tunes there with a few customers at the bar on weekends.

Didn’t know they had a bar there. That’s a cool idea. I’ll have to check it out when we’re all allowed back outside (I know we can go to grocery stores but I’m assuming the bar is shut down for now)

28 minutes ago, inlovewithCLE said:

Didn’t know they had a bar there. That’s a cool idea. I’ll have to check it out when we’re all allowed back outside (I know we can go to grocery stores but I’m assuming the bar is shut down for now)

the bar is not shutdown...  you may still drink and shop

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

Not a development--just saw this in action when walking the dog earlier this morning. 

This was right across the street from me.

FYI:

• Like 1