Sign in to follow this  
JohnOSU99

The Ohio State University Buckeyes Football Discussion

A).  Hail to the whaaa?  The university that got its mascot/name (Wolverine) from angry Toledoans?

enjoy your nut

Better a nut than a rodent.

you ever seen a wolverine in person, those things could tear the shit out of a bear, (seriously)

So we have a skunk versus a killer nut.

Well, ain't that special.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

LOL at the last few post. "Killer Nut" that had me laughing. I wish they had left some grey in those jerseys. Oh well what can you do. Guess I can find a old jersey and wear it until some one gets thier mind right at OSU.

Kevmr25, you should find yourself one of these!

55775024.jpg

EDIT: not meant to imply that you're a dumb-ass - on re-reading, I realized that implication might come across - definitely not intended as such!  Just mocking Mr. Clarett...

This was posted on ESPN.com about the new jersey's and the Buckeye nations' disdain for them....

From ESPN.com 4/12/2006

Buckeyes fans uniformly disdain jersey changes

ESPN.com news services

Ohio State football fans are seeing red this week, thanks to a slight change in the school's football uniforms.  The school introduced a new uniform that features slightly different stripes on the sleeves and changes the pattern (to scarlet-white-black from scarlet-white-black-gray).  The sleeve is also slightly longer.

Reaction has been swift and strong, according to Wednesday's Columbus Dispatch, which said that it received 734 votes in a poll on its Web site, topping the prevous record of 433 for a question on same-sex marriage (and more than the usual 100-200 responses).  The newspaper said 79 percent of fans responding were against the new uniform.  "I can't believe this is happening. I can't even concentrate on typing this message because I'm so angry," one fan wrote into the newspaper. Another compared the change to "New Coke."

Full story at http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2406332

Also from www.ESPN.com

Uni Watch Analysis

If your official school colors are scarlet and gray, shouldn't those colors be on your uniform?  The folks at Ohio State apparently didn't get that memo, at least judging by their new jersey.  Like, if they want to change the width or spacing of the sleeve stripes, that's fine, but why get rid of the gray?  Yes, the jerseys were gray-less for a while back in the 1950s, but so what?  Those jerseys were also made out of cotton, didn't have the players' names on the back, and didn't have the OSU logo on the collar, and you don't hear anyone talking about going back to those design features.

good news for downtown..this will bring in a lot of money as the OSU football-crazed fans travel into Cleveland. 

OSU football to play in Cleveland in '09

11:21 a.m.

From staff reports

Ohio State and Toledo have signed an agreement to play a football game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in 2009.  OSU athletic director Gene Smith said today that the Buckeyes and Toledo are locked in on a two-game series.  The second game will be held in Columbus in 2011, Smith said.

The last time Ohio State played a game in Cleveland was 1991, when the Buckeyes stopped Northwestern, 34-3, at Municipal Stadium.

More at www.cleveland.com

Ohichigan!??

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Ohichigan!??

My Buckeye friends always told me it was "F * ichigan".  :wink:

Good news about the game.  Cleveland Browns' Stadium needs to host more events.  The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission is making an effort get more stadium dates filled.  This event, the recent soccer game, and the high school playoffs last year are a good start.  I've heard discussions about an annual college football game between one of the service academies and a MAC school. 

Maybe we'll even have a Browns playoff game in the future (I'm an optimist).

yes, sometimes known as "toledo"

cue Cdawgs pointless post......

Actually, I refer to it as "Michio" but Ohichigan works too. :wink:

I could care less about this game. I have become very apathetic towards Ohio State football (I was formerly a fan). Going to OU and seeing OSU's ridiculous lawsuit attempt over the trademark of "Ohio" disgusts me. So actually, I'm for UT on this one...

I thought the lawsuit was the other way around, with OU suing OSU for having only "Ohio" on several uniforms. 

Off to google.......

..........back from google

GIVE & TAKE

Ohio U. and Ohio State U. Settle Trademark Tussle Over 'Ohio'

A crisis of identity is ending as Ohio State and Ohio Universities settle their long-standing trademark dispute over the word "Ohio."

Lawyers for the two institutions had wrangled over use of the word on merchandise and in marketing since 1997, when Ohio State complained to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Two years earlier, the office had allowed Ohio University to register a trademark for the word "Ohio," and O.U. had asked O.S.U. to limit its use of the word.

The disputes have gone back and forth for a decade, but I believe OSU was the only one to actually attempt a lawsuit...

Regardless, we were first. :wink:

Ohio Stadium is not an original name either btw. That was the name of OU's original football stadium. As for who first started printing "Ohio" on clothing, OU also owns that title since way back in the 1800's.

Lawyers for the two institutions had wrangled over use of the word on merchandise and in marketing since 1997, when Ohio State complained to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

lol, even though OU has clearly been using the Ohio trademark longer, OSU still complains... :lol:

OSU will make OU a branch campus if it keeps talking...

Is it too soon to wait in line for tickets?

OSU football to play in Cleveland in '09

10:21 a.m.

From staff reports

Ohio State and Toledo have signed an agreement to play a football game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in 2009.

sports@plaind.com

I'm gonna be in Cincy Saturday night when the Buckeyes play.  What are some good places to watch the game???  I'm looking for a place that will be full of fans and lively!

^Allow me to express an outsider's perspective on "cornhole":

"Excuse me; did you just say 'Cornhole??!!!'"

That is all.

Cornhole busted out in Baton Rouge with the advent this football season.

Last year I might have seen 2 cornhole games...all year, last week I saw 6 cornhole games within a 200 yds walk amongst LSU tailgaters.

gold42, I forgot about Mulligan's. Mulligan's is also a very good pick, but so is Gameday Cafe. If Mulligan's is closer, I'd go with that.

Good beer selection and awesome burgers! Try the Christian Morlein! ;)

Sorry, there are NO OSU fans here in Cincy.....only UC fans!!!

Cheer Cincinnati, Cincy will win.

Fight to the finish, never give in.

You do your best boys,

We'll do the rest boys,

Onward to Victory!!!!

Actually, there are quite a few OSU fans in Cincinnati (albeit suburban).

As an Ohio State fan, I have found the Rookwood BW3's (I can't get used to the Buffalo Wild Wings name) usually has plenty of fans rooting for the Bucks.