KJP

Cleveland: Downtown & Vicinity Residences Discussion

The rebuilding has begun....

Edited by KJP
  • Love 2

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

Look at how much better East 4th Street already looks after just a few hours of clean-up.

Downtown is now being sealed off for the rest of the day. All streets and bridges into downtown are blocked. The movable bridges across the rivers are left up/open. High-level bridges are closed. No one is allowed on the streets after noon. All cars parked on streets will be towed.....

Way to go @mack34 !!

Edited by KJP
  • Like 3

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

A couple of videos....

AND

I do hope that Playhouse Square has armed guards in the theaters.  I'd hate for these idiots to get loose in a theatre and trash it or light it on fire.   There are some things that can't be replaced.  

Just now, Cleburger said:

I do hope that Playhouse Square has armed guards in the theaters.  I'd hate for these idiots to get loose in a theatre and trash it or light it on fire.   There are some things that can't be replaced.  

There's no way for anyone to get downtown today. It's sealed off.

• Like 1

More photos of the rebuilding/clean-up.....

• Like 3

The Cleveland Clothing Company removed all their inventory the morning before the riot yesterday. Was any business informed or advised to do so by the city leadership? So much of this could have been prevented if our mayor had any foresight to what might happen.

6 hours ago, AsDustinFoxWouldSay said:

The Cleveland Clothing Company removed all their inventory the morning before the riot yesterday. Was any business informed or advised to do so by the city leadership? So much of this could have been prevented if our mayor had any foresight to what might happen.

Seeing how I've been getting curfew notices via text AFTER the curfew has started I'd say that is a hard "no" that businesses were advised.   I'm sure since this fell on a weekend the City of Clevleand staff were even slower to respond to anything.

Cleveland Clothing was lucky enough to have an office close by and inventory that is easy to move.  If you own a large bar or restaurant, would have been quite a task with less than a day's notice.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cleburger said:

Seeing how I've been getting curfew notices via text AFTER the curfew has started I'd say that is a hard "no" that businesses were advised.   I'm sure since this fell on a weekend the City of Clevleand staff were even slower to respond to anything.

Cleveland Clothing was lucky enough to have an office close by and inventory that is easy to move.  If you own a large bar or restaurant, would have been quite a task with less than a day's notice.  

It amazes me for 14 years of Frank Jackson, there has not been one qualified or serious candidate to actually challenge him. Seriously, THIS is the best we have to lead the center city of the region? I really hope a guy like Kerry McCormack runs in the next election, new, fresh, and young leadership is sorely needed.

I'm locking this thread because nobody is really discussing the topic here.  There are already a few other threads for discussion on the current unrest.

• Like 1