Sign in to follow this  
Guest JEJustice08

Coming back to Cleveland - Advice on Neighborhoods

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we found a place in Shaker Heights on Van Aken west of Warrensville Center.  While it's not MTS's beloved Shaker Square, we're just a quick hop up the Blue Line to get there and we have a grocery store and a few restaurants within walking distance.  I learned that my in-school work is going to be south of Cleveland, so I needed easy access to the highway.  My commute to JCU is 5 minutes, to school about 30 minutes, and my partner can hop on the train to get downtown.  It seemed to fit all of our needs, and with me heading all around Greater Cleveland, the location made the most sense.

We're moving in at the end of August and hope to meet you all soon while discovering the east side and THANK YOU again for all of the advice!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we found a place in Shaker Heights on Van Aken west of Warrensville Center.  While it's not MTS's beloved Shaker Square, we're just a quick hop up the Blue Line to get there and we have a grocery store and a few restaurants within walking distance.  I learned that my in-school work is going to be south of Cleveland, so I needed easy access to the highway.  My commute to JCU is 5 minutes, to school about 30 minutes, and my partner can hop on the train to get downtown.  It seemed to fit all of our needs, and with me heading all around Greater Cleveland, the location made the most sense.

We're moving in at the end of August and hope to meet you all soon while discovering the east side and THANK YOU again for all of the advice!

Welcome to Shaker!  We need more folks on the Eastside!  There are some nice luxury buildings over there.    Are you kids renting?

Good choice.  Give 'Via Van Aiken' a try.  Good little restaraunt.  Fairly new.  Reasonably priced and nice atmosphere (considering that it is in a strip mall).  I also recommend Corky & Lenny's just down Chagrin past the I-271 entrance.... good place for breakfast/brunch/lunch. 

http://www.corkyandlennys.com/

Just don't eat the pickles at Corky's. The unused ones are recycled nightly.

Other food joint I have to plug, is Touch of Italy on Chagrin near Lee, right across from the shopping center. They make a lemon chicken that is fan-f@#$-ing-tastic. Pizza is pretty good too.

I was in an apartment near where you are now. they're great buildings, solid materials, no noise, and at least where I was, nice big apartments.

I'm not a big fan of Chinese food, but people around here seem to love Pearl of the Orient.  Same goes for Saffron Patch as far as Indian food.  Both are near the Chagrin/Van Aken/Warrensville Center intersection.