gottaplan

The Trump Presidency

Just now, eastvillagedon said:

on a lighter note: I was just reminded that all of the people who donated to Stormy Daniels's Go fund Me page to cover her legal fees will in essence be paying that money to Trump as per the judge's orders for her to reimburse him! lol

Everyone should keep in mind that the judge's decision has been appealed.  I think it is likely that the legal fee award will be reduced or eliminated -- the award of legal fees is really disfavored by most courts in the U.S.   Yabo or any lawyers want to weigh in on that?

3 hours ago, YABO713 said:

@Gramarye hearing Obama-era officials talk about it now, the logic behind the Iran deal was to treat them how we do Saudi Arabia... Since it's presumed they will continue to be a non-Democratic state, the Obama Admin thought they could leverage economic benefits with Iran's policies. That, and it would serve as a counter to SA's hegemony backed by the US, which could have been healthy for countries like Kuwait and ultimately Yemen, with sizable Shi'ia populations. 

Not saying I agree or disagree, but there are policies that try to mold bad actors into good ones with the benefits of friendship (which you could argue Trump is trying to do with NK), and then there is simply turning a blind eye to atrocity, which we've now done twice in the last 3 months with Saudi Arabia

I do understand that that was the intention of the Iran deal.  I even understand the underlying premises from which that intention arose.  But the critical difference is that Iran does in fact have an illicit nuclear weapons program and the sanctions on that program (or on Iran due to their refusal to abandon that program) were lifted as part of the deal, and the deal was based on farcical assumptions of Iranian compliance with a disarmament obligation.  Israeli intelligence has already aptly demonstrated what we should have needed basically no evidence to confidently assume--Iran never intended to disarm or even significantly limit the pace of its nuclear arming, was in breach of the agreement the moment it was signed, and has been in breach of the agreement every moment of its existence.

I could envision a future in which Iran is a considerably more reliable partner in the Middle East than Saudi Arabia.  But envisioning it is not the same as assuming it already exists.

3 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

It’s a double-standard, though.  From your own description, how are SA and Iran different?  Neither are friends of the US, regardless of the necessity of the Iran nuclear deal.  

The presence of a nuclear program in Iran makes it not a double standard.

But if that didn't exist, it would be quite fair to criticize the US for having a double standard vis-a-vis Saudi Arabia and Iran.  What would be less clear whether the right thing would be to take a softer line on Iran or a harder line on Saudi Arabia.  Khashoggi was not the first and he probably won't be the last victim of our willingness to treat Saudi Arabia with kid gloves due to the "complex" "nuances" of foreign policy.

The presence of a nuclear program in Saudi Arabia would be very scary.  That is a cartoon villain of a country.  It's hard to guess what Iran would be today if we hadn't kicked them around so much.  I think it's safe to say they'd be less of a threat.

Why do you think it's safe to say they'd be less of a threat if they had been less contained and less countered by us and others in the region?

If we were being "contained and countered" in our own backyard, we'd be hopping mad.  Their antipathy toward us began with our overthrow of their government.  Can you imagine how mad we'd be if they did that to us?  And I think a case can be made for doing so in Saudi Arabia right now.  Not a winning case, but it's getting there.  And I'm generally opposed to intervention.

2 hours ago, eastvillagedon said:

But ultimately there was no accountability by either the President or the Secretary of State for the Benghazi disaster, yet there seems to be a rush to blame Trump for something that didn't even involve a United States citizen, and took place in a foreign nation. Why do you suppose that is?

Look - we all know I'm not a Hillary Clinton cheerleader. But 10 hours in a committee hearing on top of House investigations is pretty much the definition of being held accountable. The fact that nothing criminal or treasonous was found doesn't change that. 

Just to put this into scale - she spent the whole day in that hearing - and she should have, Americans died, someone needed to be grilled on why communication faltered. However, Justice Kavanaugh faced rather innocuous questions, especially comparatively, and we all said "I can't believe they're making him go through this!"

We just need to be consistent, and here's where I, personally, would start:

1. Operate (publicly) under the presumption that he was killed in the Saudi consulate until given compelling evidence suggesting otherwise. 

2. Launch an investigation in the Senate or through the AG to investigate the death of an American with permanent resident status. Use the investigation as leverage elsewhere in the relationship. 

3. Privately question Jared Kushner about MBS and their exchanged list of journalists from April - ask Jared if MBS made his intentions re: journalists readily known. 

4. Put a moratorium on offensive weapons sold to Saudi Arabia until the investigation has concluded. 

• Like 2

The military needs to be deployed on invading the White House and throwing out the trash that resides within....

Too bad this didn't result in both men wiping each other out, along with some widespread collateral damage involving a pap-smear sporting fake orange hair...

Ya think??

THERE

IS

ALWAYS

A

TWEET.....

Edited by KJP

The president and his supporters are sick people. 

And

Edited by KJP

The common thread is that Donnie thinks it's good to attack journalists. Bodyslamming them is cool and dismembering them is better. The best part about it is that it triggers libs.

Democrat: We need to fight to win!

Pundits/Senators/POTUS: Look - it's an ANGRY MOB!

POTUS: I fully endorse politicians physically assaulting reporters!

Pundits/Senators: *silence*

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/politics/donald-trump-montana-speech/index.html

"We like the -- we like the -- it's just a flowing. They do comma. They don't do -- they do a comma."

We're sure he's mentally stable?

"Because I have created such an incredible economy, I have created so many jobs. I have made this country with you so great that everybody wants to come in."

He doesn't even have a low level understanding of the economy.  "Me, me, me, me"

"Barbara Walters interviewed me. Do you mind if I play with your hair? Do you remember that? And then numerous people have done that. But that's OK. But the choice could not be more clear. Democrats produce mobs. Republicans produce jobs."

It's just a word salad of bullsh**.  Nonstop.

"Democrats have become the party of crime. It's true."

Saying, "it's true" doesn't make it true, Mr. unindicted co-conspirator.

"But Greg is smart. And by the way, never wrestle him. You understand that? Never. Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... he was my guy.

Openly endorsing assaulting members of the press for asking questions.  Normal.

"Remember, he challenged me to a fight, and that was fine. And when I said he wouldn't last long, he'd be down faster than Greg would take him down."

Just POTUS saying he'd take down Joe Biden faster than Greg Gianforte body slammed a reporter.  Normal stuff.

https://www.npr.org/2016/04/21/475126907/shows-over-trump-pledges-to-be-so-presidential-you-will-be-so-bored

"I will be so presidential," he said, "you will be so bored.

-Trump, April 2016

Edited by DarkandStormy

Um, yes. If it was a lone incident, then you expel diplomats. Since it's part of a pattern including the wholesale slaughter of Yemenis, human rights violations, and escapades in Syria, you impose strong sanctions. 

The ability to edit postings sure doesn't last long on the new forum...maybe 30 minutes. 

We were all AntiFa when we fought Hitler and Mussolini....

FB_IMG_1540134130464.jpg

In other news, Trump says the sky is purple...

Edited by KJP

It's also perhaps worth noting that a withdrawal from the nuclear proliferation with Russia will allow the Reds to attempt to catch up with our nuclear arsenal, which now stands definitively as the world's largest. It will also allow Russia to more freely and candidly share that technology with Iran, NoKo, India, or whatever other nuclear-ambitious state has the pocketbook for it. 

• Sad 1

Just now, YABO713 said:

It's also perhaps worth noting that a withdrawal from the nuclear proliferation with Russia will allow the Reds to attempt to catch up with our nuclear arsenal, which now stands definitively as the world's largest. It will also allow Russia to more freely and candidly share that technology with Iran, NoKo, India, or whatever other nuclear-ambitious state has the pocketbook for it. 

#winning

"This weekend, Trump invented nonexistent riots in California and a nonexistent Democratic policy of giving luxury cards to unauthorized immigrants.  Afterward, he touted a nonexistent plan to pass a major tax cut in the next 10 days."  (@ddale8)

Just now, DarkandStormy said:

"This weekend, Trump invented nonexistent riots in California and a nonexistent Democratic policy of giving luxury cards to unauthorized immigrants.  Afterward, he touted a nonexistent plan to pass a major tax cut in the next 10 days."  (@ddale8)

I do want to hear a Trump supporters rationale of Trump saying more tax cuts would be done by November 1st, when Congress won't be in session during that time... 

Because either:

A) He has no idea when Congress is in session and how bills become law. 

B) He knew and just didn't care, so he lied. 

Edited by YABO713

Just now, YABO713 said:

I do want to hear a Trump supporters rationale of Trump saying more tax cuts would be done by November 1st, when Congress won't be in session during that time... 

Because either:

A) He has no idea when Congress is in session and how bills become law. 

B) He knew and just didn't care, so he lied. 

I'll take both A and B, Alex.

About that constitutional crisis that @YABO713 and others are predicting if Trump doesn't get re-elected in 2020. Well, it may come sooner than that....

1 hour ago, KJP said:

DONALD TRUMP SAYS HE'S TOO 'BUSY' TO VISIT U.S. TROOPS OVERSEAS BUT HAS PLAYED GOLF ALMOST 70 TIMES

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-troops-busy-golf-1177157

Of all the Trump lies and statements on Obama, this one gets me the most.  How is flag-waving "patriotic" supporters can defend him on the "I'll be too busy to golf" line, I'll never know.....

4 hours ago, YABO713 said:

I can't wait for the remake of The Day After. 

Just now, Cleburger said:

Of all the Trump lies and statements on Obama, this one gets me the most.  How is flag-waving "patriotic" supporters can defend him on the "I'll be too busy to golf" line, I'll never know.....

It's really his least dangerous bullsh*t, though.  They've defended him on everything from sexual assault to racism to Constitutional burning to killing kids.  These people have no moral compass, so long as they believe he's good for their pocketbooks.  And I'm not sure if that even matters.  Cults of personality have no basis in rational reality, after all.

Edited by jonoh81